1. 1. Who will win?

• France by 13 points or more
    • France by 7 to 12 points
    • France by 1 to 6 points
    • Greece by 1 to 6 points
    • Greece by 7 to 12 points
    • Greece by 13 points or more.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 16/10/22 at 19:00

The team Greece announced today has 3 players with NRL experience:  Ilias, Magoulias and Mamouzelos.

There is quite a drop off after that.  Two domestic players are named in their 17.  Stefanos Bastas, local, but had stints with Doncaster in League One and St Gaudens in Elite 1.  The other is Theo Nianiakas, who spent this season in NCL with Woolston Rovers. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, langpark said:

The team Greece announced today has 3 players with NRL experience:  Ilias, Magoulias and Mamouzelos.

There is quite a drop off after that.  Two domestic players are named in their 17.  Stefanos Bastas, local, but had stints with Doncaster in League One and St Gaudens in Elite 1.  The other is Theo Nianiakas, who spent this season in NCL with Woolston Rovers. 

Thanks @langpark . Has the tournament generated much interest in Greece, outside of the existing rugby league community? 

Would like to see France draw away in the second half after a competitive first half. Win by 25+

Those Greek comp domestic lads must be living their rugby league dreams to be playing in a World Cup tournament.  Of the hundreds of thousands of people who have played our game only a small percentage can say they have played in a RL World Cup tournament. 

• Like 2

The Rugby League Fan's Mantra for helping the game grow internationally is ten two-letter words - IF IT IS TO BE, IT IS UP TO ME.

2 hours ago, The Partisan said:

Those Greek comp domestic lads must be living their rugby league dreams to be playing in a World Cup tournament.  Of the hundreds of thousands of people who have played our game only a small percentage can say they have played in a RL World Cup tournament. 

And that's why it's important to have world cups and european championships and to have countries like Jamaica, Greece and Lebanon using domestic players, and the same for the women's and wheelchair world cups. Knowing that you - or the people you coach, referee, play with or against - have the opportunity to represent your country and play on a big stage is a powerful motivator for people to get involved.

• Like 5

Just now, Mr Frisky said:

If France can play well and get some confidence they may well beat Samoa to go through with England- then again its France....

France will come away with a lot more confidence that they can beat Samoa after Samoa’s performance against England. I thought Frances hopes of beating Samoa were gone when Fages and Bousquet were ruled out but I’m starting to think they have a real chance. It’s going to be a real contrast, on hand one you have a team with zero cohesion or chemistry that has thrown together with the expectation to do well (but they haven’t) and on the other hand you have a team majorly made up of two clubs and they will have the most Cohesion and Chemistry out of any team at the World Cup.

I saw what happend with Chile, qualifying the World Cup in union. It shows how important team cohesion and in a lot of cases it is more important than skill.

I can’t wait, nothing would please me more than seeing Samoa not make it out of the group stage because of some “terrible” super league players. hahahaha what a pleasure that would be.

• Like 3

It's about time France turned up and had a good run in the tournament. But on the flip side, I'm excited about Greece and their potential. Great to see domestics involved, there's a real opportunity for RL to become the dominant code, if it isn't already. Can't see union ever qualifying, but I can them being regulars in RL. The whole Balkans region has a lot of potential for RL.

• Like 2