1. 1. Who will win?

• Scotland by 13 points or more
    • Scotland by 7 to 12 points
    • Scotland by 1 to 6 points
    • Italy by 1 to 6 points
    • Italy by 7 to 12 points
    • Italy by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 16/10/22 at 14:00

1 minute ago, Dunbar said:

Of course they are massively up against it on the scoreboard. 

But as a Rugby League player, facing the Kangaroos would be a great experience and they should enjoy the experience and be massively nervous in equal measure.

And make sure you get selfies and to swap a jersey

43 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

I thought Aitken was poor.

I will take that back actually I agree thinking about it. Early on Liam Hood took charge, Matty Russell looked sharp but yes very disappointing, too many handling errors, bad decisions and Italy picked Scotland off. Bad commentator, only plus side was an healthy 6k at turned up. Think Aussies will rest a few for sure but yes will still be 70/80pts win. Good to see ex Trin Dale Ferguson give it a go, just nothing came for him or the team sadly.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, RL Tragic said:

Watched the game as well enjoyed it immensely. I’m just thinking of simple little things that the higher ups could do to make the game more vibrant and appealing to non RL fans . Presenting a World Cup game the TV viewers as being watched by a few hundred when the stand off camera is crammed with 4-5000 people is not the best marketing I would say . 

I just enjoy watching the game. I watch amateur games as well and I never find myself counting the speccies at St. Pats.

It's too late to worry about that type of thing anyway. The WC is upon us, better to just sit back and enjoy it.

I'm really looking forward to my first 2021 WC game at Bolton next week and II couldn't care less if I was the only one there.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Jim Prendle said:

I'm really looking forward to my first 2021 WC game at Bolton next week and II couldn't care less if I was the only one there.

I would . You might be there on the wrong day 

• Haha 3

21 minutes ago, The Mighty Trin said:

I will take that back actually I agree thinking about it. Early on Liam Hood took charge, Matty Russell looked sharp but yes very disappointing, too many handling errors, bad decisions and Italy picked Scotland off. Bad commentator, only plus side was an healthy 6k at turned up. Think Aussies will rest a few for sure but yes will still be 70/80pts win. Good to see ex Trin Dale Ferguson give it a go, just nothing came for him or the team sadly.

I'm not sure that Australia resting a few will make a lot of difference. They have Cleary and Yeo to come in from the Penrith Grand Final team (2 of the absolutely key Panthers players).

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

49 minutes ago, londonrlfan said:

Anyone else bored of Scotland? I fail to see what they bring to the sport. Well done Italy, at least they gave homegrown players a chance, unlike Scotland. Hope they don't qualify next time and someone else gets a chance.

To be fair with little funding it’s very hard in Scotland but there are a few folk determined to give it a go, all we need is some consistency in the league in amount of teams, getting our u17/18/19 playing regularly and a regular international scene and it will improve. 
locally we rely on union players off season making up teams and this needs to change. The will is there it needs funding 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Jim Prendle said:

I just enjoy watching the game. I watch amateur games as well and I never find myself counting the speccies at St. Pats.

It's too late to worry about that type of thing anyway. The WC is upon us, better to just sit back and enjoy it.

Completely understand your points. however St Pats games aren’t a showcase for our sport in BBC , And weather you care or not about being the only one at Bolton I assure you Sponsors, TV executives and the Bank balance of the RFL certainly do . I’m not wanting to get in to an argument the game was great I’m just saying it seems a bit silly to present on TV a half full stadium with the cameras pointing at the empty bit . PPS looks like they have done similar at Ireland v Jamaica 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RL Tragic said:

Completely understand your points. however St Pats games aren’t a showcase for our sport in BBC , And weather you care or not about being the only one at Bolton I assure you Sponsors, TV executives and the Bank balance of the RFL certainly do . I’m not wanting to get in to an argument the game was great I’m just saying it seems a bit silly to present on TV a half full stadium with the cameras pointing at the empty bit . PPS looks like they have done similar at Ireland v Jamaica 

It's what they do at Salford. There is a reason for it; the West stand provides height for the cameras but the East stand is often left empty to cut costs; the East stand would provide a good view of the crowd in the West stand but provides a low-level view of the pitch and looks into the setting sun. Result is, they put the cameras on the West stand to avoid the setting sun problem and provide a high-level platform for the cameras.

At least, they did. It might have changed.

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

21 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

The bugbear for me was the shocking video ref who kept showing 16 different angles but the one needed. Hu

That's actually the tv director in control of that, the video ref doesn't control the video play out. Felt to me like it was someone not used to directing RL matches and didn't know what needed to be looked at.

• Like 3

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."

Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

23 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

The bugbear for me was the shocking video ref who kept showing 16 different angles but the one needed. Hu

It’s not the video Ref. It’s the ‘Match Director’ not listening to the VR and just randomly showing replays and not the one that the VR asks for.

5 minutes ago, tonyXIII said:

It's what they do at Salford. There is a reason for it; the West stand provides height for the cameras but the East stand is often left empty to cut costs; the East stand would provide a good view of the crowd in the West stand but provides a low-level view of the pitch and looks into the setting sun. Result is, they put the cameras on the West stand to avoid the setting sun problem and provide a high-level platform for the cameras.

At least, they did. It might have changed.

Thank you for that ,  It’s such shame though to not show the full stand . 

Blimey, just got back from a very enjoyable game to find 10 pages of moaning.

The main stand was packed - I guessed the crowd at 6000- 7000. Impressive number of Scottish fans there - Flower of Scotland sung with gusto, plenty of Scottish Union jerseys on display, and lots of families down from Scotland. The four people randomly selected for the half-time entertainment on the pitch were from Dunfermline, Aberdeen (supporting Italy), Argyll and Cumbria. More noise and atmosphere than there was in the first twenty minutes yesterday too. Quite a few Italian flags in the crowd , I even heard some Italian being spoken, both on the pitch and in the stand. Even Italian jerseys being worn in Durham services on the way home.

Neither team really had much going on in the forwards. Scotland were mostly on top in the first half, but never really looked like threatening near the line. Italy well on top in the second half though.

Also, how cool is it to see people in the stand wearing Brazil Rugby League gear and it's a real team with real Brazilian players rather than one of Mascord's things. 🙂

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jim Prendle said:

I went to the game and enjoyed and thought maybe this is what it will look like if the Thunder ever get to Super League with the atmosphere and crowd.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, JonM said:

The main stand was packed - I guessed the crowd at 6000- 7000. Impressive number of Scottish fans there - Flower of Scotland sung with gusto, plenty of Scottish Union jerseys on display, and lots of families down from Scotland. The four people randomly selected for the half-time entertainment on the pitch were from Dunfermline, Aberdeen (supporting Italy), Argyll and Cumbria. More noise and atmosphere than there was in the first twenty minutes yesterday too. Quite a few Italian flags in the crowd , I even heard some Italian being spoken, both on the pitch and in the stand. Even Italian jerseys being worn in Durham services on the way home.

Neither team really had much going on in the forwards. Scotland were mostly on top in the first half, but never really looked like threatening near the line. Italy well on top in the second half though.

Also, how cool is it to see people in the stand wearing Brazil Rugby League gear and it's a real team with real Brazilian players rather than one of Mascord's things. 🙂

That is brilliant to hear , however most TV viewers would , due to the camera position think there was about 1000 there . From my point it’s not a moan it’s constructive points to make the game look better to casual fans in TV . We all know most of us on this site would watch a game if it was a foot of snow , but it’s new converts we are trying to showcase to . 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JonM said:

I thought it was an enjoyable afternoon, with a lot of people appreciating everythibg that happened. The 6.2k crowd is holding up quite well to what we have seen at Leeds and Wire. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, JefferyLFC said:

Enjoyable game, ben fatta Iatlia.

Really enjoying James Grahams summarising and commentary, Sharon Shortle was darn good too.

I, too, was very impressed with Graham. Shortle is enthusiastic, but I've never warmed to her commentating style.