Leigh changing their name? Bored journo doing a rumour?

Leigh Sundecks

Seriously I wouldn't be surprised if this is the case. The Centurions moniker and branding has always seemed poor and its one of those monikers that hasn't really worked. Back in Super League, IMG new era, it may well be a good time to start afresh.

• Haha 2

I think sometimes we put a touch too much focus on our personal tastes in things like this. I think the name and logo is fine - but it's up to them if they feel a refresh is in order.

When you look at some of the names and logos from around the world (including a lot of North American sport teams), they would be ripped to pieces in RL.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dave T said:

I think sometimes we put a touch too much focus on our personal tastes in things like this. I think the name and logo is fine - but it's up to them if they feel a refresh is in order.

When you look at some of the names and logos from around the world (including a lot of North American sport teams), they would be ripped to pieces in RL.

They do tend to have a proper brand architecture around their names and logos though, which we often seem to lack, or at least not use consistently.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Just now, gingerjon said:

They do tend to have a proper brand architecture around their names and logos though, which we often seem to lack, or at least not use consistently.

Yes, I agree with that - but in terms of logos and names they have some shockers. Strangely though, some of those are the most interesting and endearing.

Yes, I agree with that - but in terms of logos and names they have some shockers. Strangely though, some of those are the most interesting and endearing.

A huge number of traditional US logos are just letters.

Well, the ones that aren't massively racist.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Probably changing their name to avoid association with the current government after being mentioned in PMQs yesterday

• Haha 1

SQL Honours

Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009

CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

1 minute ago, gingerjon said:

A huge number of traditional US logos are just letters.

Well, the ones that aren't massively racist.

Wouldn;t get away with that over here because of the Guardian-reading, tofu-eating, wokerati...

:kolobok_angry2:

Edited by Dave T

6 minutes ago, Dave T said:

I think the difference is that those NA sporting organisations adopted those names & logos at their inception or shortly afterwards & they are now embedded in their history whereas it’s a relatively new addition over here,Boston Red Sox is a huge brand,Halifax Blue Sox wasn’t quite as successful.😂

2 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

I think the difference is that those NA sporting organisations adopted those names & logos at their inception or shortly afterwards & they are now embedded in their history whereas it’s a relatively new addition over here,Boston Red Sox is a huge brand,Halifax Blue Sox wasn’t quite as successful.😂

agreed there is definitely something in that.

I am amazed that the Leeds Rhinos one has stuck though, I thought it was a rubbish name and a rubbish logo

• Like 1

agreed there is definitely something in that.

I am amazed that the Leeds Rhinos one has stuck though, I thought it was a rubbish name and a rubbish logo

It coincided with their first real success for decades and many new fans. That probably helped immensely.

• Like 1