1. 1. Who will win?

• England by 13 points or more
    • England by 7 to 12 points
    • England by 1 to 6 points
    • Samoa by 1 to 6 points
    • Samoa by 7 to 12 points
    • Samoa by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/11/22 at 15:00

We have to be confident after the way we’ve played. Samoa have threats across the field though and we’ll need to be switched on. I just can’t see a Shaun Wane coached team not being, not at this stage and not in his first World Cup as coach. 

England by 12

2 hours ago, ELBOWSEYE said:

Junior paulo banned for the semi final, big blow to Samoa, England by 12.

yep big blow and another helping hand  - England to win and complete the swizz and swindling fast track to the final - victor to get sent off and miss the final - in which Aus will tear us apart in style

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 2

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

9 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

yep big blow and another helping hand  - England to win and complete the swizz and swindling fast track to the final - victor to get sent off and miss the final - in which Aus will tear us apart in style

You can't go around elbowing people in the throat and expecting not to get punished.

Although it does seem that you can run at people and knee them in the head so it's not all bad news for Samoa.

• Like 7

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

2 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

You can't go around elbowing people in the throat and expecting not to get punished.

Although it does seem that you can run at people and knee them in the head so it's not all bad news for Samoa.

its international rugby league - what we have all been waiting for - not premier league football

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

5 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

its international rugby league - what we have all been waiting for - not premier league football

International Rugby League is plenty tough enough without the dirty stuff.  Funnily enough, the proper dirty act was the one that got off... running at someone and raising your knee to their head shows you don't care one bit about injuring a fellow player.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

3 hours ago, yipyee said:

England by 60

Impossible. 

I'd pick England despite zero complacency from Samoa. They have more quality across the park. That said, in a one off game....

My blog: https://rugbyl.blogspot.co.nz/

It takes wisdom to know when a discussion has run its course.

It takes reasonableness to end that discussion. 

1 hour ago, Dunbar said:

International Rugby League is plenty tough enough without the dirty stuff.  Funnily enough, the proper dirty act was the one that got off... running at someone and raising your knee to their head shows you don't care one bit about injuring a fellow player.

Yep, the Paulo one was just an accident.

The Suaalii one he has previous for. It's almost as though the panel weren't aware of that and gave him a warning for a first offence.

Personally, I think Paulo is very unfortunate to get a ban. His forearm did go into the neck, but it wasn't malicious or deliberate foul play. For me, a warning would have been enough.

Suaalii's was more deserving of a ban.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

It definitely won't be 60-6, but the way England is going, a 14 point win or so seems about right. The one thing England needs to sort out is its tendency to go to sleep a bit in the 10 minutes before half-time. That's enough time for Australia to put them out of the running in a final, so they need to fix it. Radley is the key - they need more minutes with him at 13 (the full 80, if possible!)

• Like 1

I'm making the trip for this one.

Obviously early in the week, but the weather forecast is currently closer to a summer's day than a mid-November one: 15 degrees and sunshine. Should be a quick game.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

10 hours ago, graveyard johnny said:

Standoffhalf & you must have a great time at those conspiracy seminars.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, graveyard johnny said:

Yeah let’s go back to 1970 & the battle of Headingley,that was a real great advert for RL & will have parents lining up at amateur clubs up & down the country to sign their lids to play the game.

After almost losing a close relative to an horrendous throat injury as a result of an elbow to the throat during a game of RL 2 decades ago & the problems he had to overcome in later years I can safely say that even by your standards you are talking absolute sh##e.

• Like 1

Promisingly, we've started very well in every game.

I've mentioned a few times that i enjoy Tomkins playing at 1st pivot; i think this is really fluid though and a point of difference versus the 'standard' structures we see. I'm reminded of those great Leeds sides that could score from everywhere, but weren't amazing in the final 20. Brilliant defensively on the face of it

However, my main worry is that defence as we haven't been properly tested and i think that whilst we're dominant in middle, it leaves us slightly stretched outside the edges. I also don't like the thought of the potential momentum that Samoa could get through ad-lib offloads and that 10 minute drop off we do before half time.. they score 2 there and then again 2nd half and heads could drop.

Argh.

Running the Rob Burrow marathon to raise money for the My Name'5 Doddie foundation:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/ben-dyas

3 minutes ago, MattSantos said:

Good God no. If we lose, id rather get hammered.

Haha yeah,I well remember that Tonga game,sat in a Sydney pub all smug with us seemingly coasting to a WC final,went to the bar & came back with us hanging on by our fingernails,nearly spilled the $10 schooners,very nearly 2 disaster’s.

14 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

Haha yeah,I well remember that Tonga game,sat in a Sydney pub all smug with us seemingly coasting to a WC final,went to the bar & came back with us hanging on by our fingernails,nearly spilled the $10 schooners,very nearly 2 disaster’s.

I thought you were referring to 2013.

2017, the 'try' at the death happened right in-front of me. I couldn't breathe for what felt like 5 minutes and when it was confirmed no try, i was too shocked to be happy.

Weird night in Auckland - only really dawned on me a few days later in a vineyard on Waheke. That was a fun day 🙂

• Like 1

Running the Rob Burrow marathon to raise money for the My Name'5 Doddie foundation:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/ben-dyas