Kiwis booked on flight home the day after semi-final

UTK

I really don't think this is a big deal; just a clever bit of fun by the media outlet to stir up a story. And there's nothing wrong with that.

£200 a head to change the date on a £1000+ ticket doesn't seem that bad a deal to me.

• Like 1

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

1 minute ago, St Reatham said:

If it was “”planning ahead”, why haven’t the Aussie team been booked on flights after the SF too?

Where do you draw the line? Why didn’t they book the Kangaroos for after the group stage? Because the most likely event is that Kangas make the final and if the organisers do get it right, they save £200 per head.

Makes sense to me.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

No idea. Not a travel agent.

Actually *cogs whirring* did we even get a travel logistics partner for this tournament?

I’ve just checked. To change my interstate flight from Adelaide next week  will cost me another $140.

£200 for change on UK to Australasia sounds like a bargain to me.

6 minutes ago, Sports Prophet said:

I’ve just checked. To change my interstate flight from Adelaide next week  will cost me another $140.

£200 for change on UK to Australasia sounds like a bargain to me.

The second part of my post is the bit that's bugging me now.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

11 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

The second part of my post is the bit that's bugging me now.

I would say the IRL do have a travel partner, it is surprising there doesnt appear to be a contra arrangement in play? Unless we are missing their branding throughout the tournament.

Haven’t seen a good one of those since the glory years of Eddie Stobart.

47 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

I really don't think this is a big deal; just a clever bit of fun by the media outlet to stir up a story. And there's nothing wrong with that.

£200 a head to change the date on a £1000+ ticket doesn't seem that bad a deal to me.

It triggers a lot of people for absolutely no reason. You know what some are like: profess to love the sport but chop it down at every opportunity because it doesn't fit with their utopian view of how everything should be. It's an absolutely nothing story.

Would only be kicking off if it was the other way around anyway and I can't believe we're actually having to talk about it.

Edited by HKR AWAY DAYS
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, HKR AWAY DAYS said:

You're doing nothing for my zen here, Edward - or whatever it is the kids say 😝

An England v NZ final would be perfect because we owe them one!

Yeah I know, but having seen NZ labour to a win over Fiji on Saturday I can’t see them having any chance at all. 

I do wish we'd keep our arguments consistent. 

People were told to stop moaning last week about the Irish Aussies as it wasn't RLWC who do the bookings, it was Ireland choice. 

And yet this week, another complaint is dismissed as this is RLWC with good planning. 

Which is it? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JohnM said:

I have it on good authority that they have.

I expect they probably have, just because we havent heard doesnt mean it hasnt happened its just that that 1 reporter has picked up on it and gives a toss about it.

31 minutes ago, Dave T said:

I do wish we'd keep our arguments consistent. 

People were told to stop moaning last week about the Irish Aussies as it wasn't RLWC who do the bookings, it was Ireland choice. 

And yet this week, another complaint is dismissed as this is RLWC with good planning. 

Which is it? 

Was it the same people.

2 minutes ago, RP London said:

I expect they probably have, just because we havent heard doesnt mean it hasnt happened its just that that 1 reporter has picked up on it and gives a toss about it.

It wouldn't make sense if they havent. 

If they haven't, and the Kiwis won, they would have to change flights for two squads (Aussies moved earlier and Kiwis moved later). 

By booking them for this Saturday, one will definitely be used, one will be transferred. 

That's logical and it can't not be like that. 

3 hours ago, St Reatham said:

If it was “”planning ahead”, why haven’t the Aussie team been booked on flights after the SF too?

They're pre-booked on a barge down the Manchester Ship Canal at 9.30pm on Friday, change at Liverpool for non-stop cruise ship to Sydney.

29 minutes ago, theswanmcr said:

They're pre-booked on a barge down the Manchester Ship Canal at 9.30pm on Friday, change at Liverpool for non-stop cruise ship to Sydney.

Cruise ship? theyre dusting this off as we speak :kolobok_ph34r:

spacer.png

spacer.png

7 hours ago, JohnM said:

🥴🥴🥴🤪

Presumably it doesn't mention they've also been booked on flights after the final, too. It's called keeping your options open.

Nah, no need to keep your options open.

I saw a film once and a woman was trying to get home to her 8 year old son who was home alone, she managed to get a plane ticket after a bit of haggling then simply made the last leg of the journey home in the back of a van with a polka band. If she can do it, the Kiwis can.

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, AB Knight said:

Nah, no need to keep your options open.

I saw a film once and a woman was trying to get home to her 8 year old son who was home alone, she managed to get a plane ticket after a bit of haggling then simply made the last leg of the journey home in the back of a van with a polka band. If she can do it, the Kiwis can.

Ook i like a good documentary, do you perchance remember what it was called? 

I saw one about a bus that had to keep going at a certain speed, and if it fell below that speed it would blow up, for the whole documentary they had to keep it above said speed for fear of it dropping below the speed it had to go at, the policeman was very consciences about the speed the bus was travelling it.. i think it was called "the bus that couldnt slow down" :kolobok_ph34r:

8 hours ago, Davo5 said:

Yeah because booking 30+ people & equipment on a flight to the other side of the world is so straight forward & easy.🙈

spare a thought for Eric the minibus driver - when getting the Jamacia team home he was in a dilemma as to whether it would be better to go to Huddersfield , Halifax or Leeds 1st with  the price of fuel at the local garage in castleford these days

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile