1. 1. Who will win?

• Australia by 13 points or more
    • Australia by 7 to 12 points
    • Australia by 1 to 6 points
    • Samoa by 1 to 6 points
    • Samoa by 7 to 12 points
    • Samoa by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 19/11/22 at 16:30

Just now, Mark S said:

Let’s face it, Samoa beat an England team where 95% of the players have been flogged over the SL season, and then expected to play at the top level for another few weeks.

Have the Australian/Samoan team not played a season too?

8 minutes ago, Jughead said:

There’s two. Jack Smith missed the Tedesco boot in touch. 

I'm still pretty sure it was Warren Turley, as he was also the one that called country in the corner for Australia.

Edit* I stand corrected. Turley on the far side

Edited by Sports Prophet

Was that some angry verbals between Luai and a fellow Samoan player as they walked off? Not a good sign.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

4 minutes ago, Exiled Wiganer said:

I have watched thousands of games in my time, and can’t see any way that this Australian team is going to have to get out of second gear to win this. And a rout looks likely. 

To pick up a theme from an earlier post, in years gone by a massive Aussie win would be neither a good thing nor a bad thing for us, because we knew we would have a chance to play them every couple of years. With the current balance of power in the game - NRL first second and third - from a NH perspective certainly, and probably from a SH international perspective, this will be the perfect excuse for them to play as few games as possible and certainly not to tour.

The NRL have no interest in the Kangaroo brand. None of the top NRL people even bothered to come over here. You only have to try to buy a Kangaroo top as opposed to a SoO or NRL top anywhere in Oz to see that. 

I am acutely conscious that the NH has no answer to the NRL “so what, sort yourselves out”. I just think it’s a crying shame that no kids up here will go through what I went through as a kid and be inspired by regular games against the Kangaroos. 

The game in the UK could start with betting rid of relegation. We can’t complain about inferior we are to the NRL and not implement one of the most obvious solutions.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Mark S said:

Let’s face it, Samoa beat an England team where 95% of the players have been flogged over the SL season, and then expected to play at the top level for another few weeks.

?????

What do you think those Samoa players were doing over the last 6 months?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mark S said:

The game in the UK could start with betting rid of relegation. We can’t complain about inferior we are to the NRL and not implement one of the most obvious solutions.

Will that make SL's elite players better? Maybe log off for a bit.

• Like 1

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

Poor half from Milford but great game. Hard to see a way for Samoa but they're giving it their all. Need a sin binning/send off to change momentum I fear to have a chance. 

Still, very very good team Samoa. If they hadn't lost so many players to injury through the world cup they'd maybe be more of a chance. 

1 minute ago, Mark S said:

How many games do NRL players play? 

24 regular season games + finals and a lot of that team play origin too, against a higher calibre competition most of the time too.

That's probably the weakest excuse imo.

• Like 1

Just now, StandOffHalf said:

I agree that it is unsporting. I would support the RU laws being applied in RL.

Why would they do that? There's already an alleged sport full of RU laws. People can go and watch that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Mark S said:

I agree that we don’t help ourselves. My focus is narrowly on this game and the consequences of the easy Aussie win. Because, honestly, if they walk this, I am not sure we will ever get an international calendar and I don’t think we will play Australia over here this decade. And how can our young supporters be inspired by players they never see? 

3 minutes ago, Balmainboy said:

Poor half from Milford but great game. Hard to see a way for Samoa but they're giving it their all. Need a sin binning/send off to change momentum I fear to have a chance. 

Still, very very good team Samoa. If they hadn't lost so many players to injury through the world cup they'd maybe be more of a chance. 

It's a shame they couldn't get something early on

• Like 1

Samoa too predictable as they began to fatigue. Australia just going through the process and building pressure with their defence. To'o one out run, Lafai one out run, May one out run, all out of defence. Too easy for Australia to defend against.

And without a decent half and hooker playing with some variety Australia sadly wont be troubled in defence.

In contrast Australia have carried the ball well, getting outside and in between defenders, and off the back of that Tedesco and the other backs have had plenty of space to play.

Sadly think we might see something like 40-0 at FT. Hope I'm wrong.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

1 minute ago, Farmduck said:

Why would they do that? There's already an alleged sport full of RU laws. People can go and watch that.

And most of those RU laws have to be ignored or there'd barely be a minute's action at all in that code.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Just now, Dave T said:

I don't mind either way, but we either have the rule or we don't. 

We have a voluntary tackle rule as well , there's a lot more of those in every game than deliberate knock one in a season 

THE best part of both codes of rugby is the potential for an interception try , it's one thing football don't have , that you can be defending your own line literally a yard out outnumbered and with the right timing and luck you can take possession and go full length to score 

To do anything that makes it less likely to happen is madness 

So that rule should be dribbled out from the book 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, StandOffHalf said:

I agree that it is unsporting. I would support the RU laws being applied in RL.

I hear fat union slobs say the same thing all the time. I don't think there is anything ”unsporting” about it. Why is it unsporting? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1