2023 New Kits - Part 2

As the original thread is now closed, wasn't quite sure where to put this, so started this one.

Workington Town

ec856a_04551369b7514ceba29fd08de26ca633~mv2.jpg

• Like 14

Jam Eater  1.(noun. jam eeter) A Resident of Whitehaven or Workington. Offensive.  It is now a term of abuse that both towns of West Cumbria use for each other especially at Workington/Whitehaven rugby league derby matches.

St Albans Centurions Website 

Not sure if this has been on the original thread (think I would have remembered it if it had)

The Jameaters (Whitehaven) Away strip for 2023

Whitehaven Rugby League (@OfficialHavenRl) / Twitter

• Haha 2
  • Confused 2

Jam Eater  1.(noun. jam eeter) A Resident of Whitehaven or Workington. Offensive.  It is now a term of abuse that both towns of West Cumbria use for each other especially at Workington/Whitehaven rugby league derby matches.

23 minutes ago, Jughead said:

Is that Workington one an off white colour or is that the graphic?

The graphic does look a bit off white but on the club video, it does look a bit brighter.

2 hours ago, Exiled Townie said:

Not sure if this has been on the original thread (think I would have remembered it if it had)

Your memory is definitely going as it was posted & discussed

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Exiled Townie said:

As usual Town bring out great looking shirts, I love the traditional bold designs like my club Barrow have gone back to this year, however contradictory I actually like the Haven change kit

6 hours ago, Rach said:

Hurricanes 🙂

May be an image of text

I'm glad to see they're keeping with the hurricane swirl type design on the shirt. What can be tacky as a one-off can become synonymous if persisted with. See Harlequins, Stade Francais. 

I was born to run a club like this. Number 1, I do not spook easily, and those who think I do, are wasting their time, with their surprise attacks.

9 hours ago, Jughead said:

Is that Workington one an off white colour or is that the graphic?

The Whitehaven one is as bad as the shirt released by the club who must not be mentioned. 

It looks a cream , but looks good to me 

44 minutes ago, DI Keith Fowler said:

I'm glad to see they're keeping with the hurricane swirl type design on the shirt. What can be tacky as a one-off can become synonymous if persisted with. See Harlequins, Stade Francais. 

I recall my son's Wellington Hurricanes shirt having something similar from 20 years ago 

6 hours ago, Futtocks said:

Good to see American teams maintaining the tradition of getting those shop windows open before confirming little details like if they have a league to play in next season.

The shirts are fine, albeit they look like the kind of things teams wear in pre-match trails when they're not allowed to look too much like the real shirt of a competing team.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

6 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Are Pacific Coast RL a two team schism from California RL? 

California RL have, I think, aligned themselves with the unrecognised restartup of AMNRL whilst the Pacific Coast RL clubs have put forward to join the recognised USARL.

• Thanks 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)