Odsal Superdome update

3 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

The possibility of ice on the sweeping Odsal terraces must also have been a consideration. Besides which, the Flair Stadium is a much nicer venue.

Although being much closer to the Earth's core geothermal energy would have meant the pitch would have been guaranteed playable.....

16 hours ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Although being much closer to the Earth's core geothermal energy would have meant the pitch would have been guaranteed playable.....

...or closer to hell (according to some).

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

find it quite amusing that dews ground is called flair stadium - if visitors put flair Dewsbury in their sat navs they may well end up somewhere very different!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

4 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

find it quite amusing that dews ground is called flair stadium - if visitors put flair Dewsbury in their sat navs they may well end up somewhere very different!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the tip!

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, DEANO said:

Have to say that dewsbury have a great ground. Wish ours was like that rather than these soulless modern stadiums 

But it is modern?

The current Dewsbury ground was opened the same year as Huddersfield's ground.

18 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

But it is modern?

The current Dewsbury ground was opened the same year as Huddersfield's ground.

Not soulless like Huddersfield and yorks new stadium 

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

On 19/01/2023 at 11:53, Wolford6 said:

... if the council thought it could redevelop a new stadium on the Richard Dunn sports centre ... set on the opposite side of the road and already closed following the construction of a nearby replacement.

However:

- A (presumed) mischief-maker contacted the government and got a Grade II Listing for the Richard Dunn building as it has a uniquely constructed tin roof. It is so unique that in the intervening fifty years since construction, nobody has bothered building another.

- The Council has squandered millions and millions of pounds on worthless vanity projects while leaving genuine historical sandstone buildings to rot away till Mr Never-Caught burns them down.

My least-surprising news of the year so far:

Sounds like Mr Never-Caught remains at large.

https://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/news/23284003.richard-dunn-centre-fire-suspected-deliberate-ignition/

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

53 minutes ago, Wolford6 said:

My least-surprising news of the year so far:

Sounds like Mr Never-Caught remains at large.

https://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/news/23284003.richard-dunn-centre-fire-suspected-deliberate-ignition/

Have the authorities missed a trick here?  If they'd been a bit slower in their response, the problem of the listed status might have been solved......

• Like 1

On 27/01/2023 at 23:34, DEANO said:

Not soulless like Huddersfield and yorks new stadium 

I think in the case of York, it takes a while to put the soul back into a new stadium. The LSV felt pretty soulless to me when we first started playing there, it probably took the best part of 5/6 years and some additional signage/decorations(the John Woods statue was the finishing touch) to really feel like home. Huddersfield's issue is it's just way too big

• Like 1

On 30/01/2023 at 11:01, David Shepherd said:

Have the authorities missed a trick here?  If they'd been a bit slower in their response, the problem of the listed status might have been solved......

Honestly, what do people get into local politics for if it's not to be complicit in the arson of a listed building to sell the land to developers? It ought to be their raison d'être. When elected to the local council they should give you the phone number of all the budding house builders in the area and a can of petrol. 

• Like 1

I was born to run a club like this. Number 1, I do not spook easily, and those who think I do, are wasting their time, with their surprise attacks.

It is sad that Bradford council seem to care so little about it's two sports teams. The Bulls, perhaps one of the biggest teams in RL history and City, an actual football league team. Both seem to get very little promotion in the city.
I know Bradford is a football and cricket city with City probably not the number one team but to have two big sports teams disrespected so much makes me think Bulls were probably better off getting to play at the Rams ground instead of Odsal.

• Haha 1