Salford FC move to AJB is OFF

1 hour ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Salford have been strong for a few seasons now...in terms of league and cup

Not sure why having them is better than say a club that can actually run on a financially sound basis

I strongly suspect this year will be there reckoning on the pitch anyway 

I think the more strong clubs the game has the better, its as simple as that

• Like 1

20 hours ago, binosh said:

Reading this Salford are in a much worse financial mess than currently thought. Nearly 1.7M in debt to the council and been outstanding 13 years already.

No wonder the council have taken so long to make a decision as it would be the end of Salford and the council don’t want their name on that and will never see any of that debt repaid.

I don’t see how the club can survive this season, according to some fans I know they are well down on season tickets this year and fear the worst, they are expecting more departures. 

I just don’t see a happy ending to this story.

If the debt is that old wasn't it in the failed CVA?

3 hours ago, del capo said:

It's in the article  I referred to in the Business Desk , Just out on line this afternoon.

Peel seem to have wanted to off load for some time , they won't mess around too much , Trafford Centre losing money and they haveother irons in the fire . They are a massive enterprise worth just south of £800  ( not a typo ! ) billion in 2022....

Sorry that was my typo after all. Peel's net worth was only a meagre £800 million .....

• Haha 1

Firstly, great news for Salford. The alternative didn't bare thinking about? Hopefully this really does set them on the path to stability. 

I do hope some of the fans on social media who seem to think this is beginning of the "Red Devils are back baby" don't bury their heads in the sand. 

Salfords woes have come with their best success on the field (which brings added sponsorship, attendances and big cash injections for play-off/grand final tickets)  if they struggle on the field and their atttendances etc go down, that could off set the favourable terms they now get with the stadium. 

But it's great news, we want as many strong RL clubs as possible. 

Good news with more certainty with their home ground,  thing comes to mind though. They should be able to make money now from the stadium, however will this be offset by paying full rent to the landlord. If this is the case then they will likely be in a similar financial position to what they are now? I suppose the devil (no pun intended) is in the detail. 

16 minutes ago, PREPOSTEROUS said:

Good news with more certainty with their home ground,  thing comes to mind though. They should be able to make money now from the stadium, however will this be offset by paying full rent to the landlord. If this is the case then they will likely be in a similar financial position to what they are now? I suppose the devil (no pun intended) is in the detail. 

I disagree 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, PREPOSTEROUS said:

Good news with more certainty with their home ground,  thing comes to mind though. They should be able to make money now from the stadium, however will this be offset by paying full rent to the landlord. 

There goes that rent money! 😉

BREAKING: Ex-Wests Tigers winger David Nofoaluma makes Super League move – Total Rugby League (totalrl.com)

• Haha 3

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

1 hour ago, Click said:

Salford shouldn't be able to buy any new players until they have paid their rent. Nofoaluma won't be coming all that cheap. 

Salford are a bit like a housemate I had at uni. Never paid his rent or bills but was always out on the lash and ordering expensive takeaways. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

On 13/02/2024 at 17:19, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

The more i think about it the more they really should have taken the Moor Lane stadium 

It's the correct size for them 

From memory they would own it and be able to make all the money they want? 

Exactly what is so desirable for SRD to keep a stadium they can only half fill and can't afford? 

I think calling it a stadium is generous at best. It’s a collection of pre fab sheds in an even worse location than the AJ Bell. They’ve dodged a bullet with that. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, OriginalMrC said:

Salford are a bit like a housemate I had at uni. Never paid his rent or bills but was always out on the lash and ordering expensive takeaways. 

That's exactly what I think about them!! 

I haven't even enjoyed their admittedly nice style of play over the last few years because I know the truth that's its all on the tick (and the stadium looks empty/awful on telly) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Leyther_Matt said:

I think calling it a stadium is generous at best. It’s a collection of pre fab sheds in an even worse location than the AJ Bell. They’ve dodged a bullet with that. 

It's 5108 capacity....pretty much bang on their record average attendance (last year) 

It has a lounge and boxes for hospitality - they would have kept the money from these

They could have developed the above and added it to their  other match day income (bars/food etc ...and kept the money )

It's in Salford 

FFS.....what a lost opportunity to consolidate as at least a bigger Championship club

The have chosen the alternative ......as a club they won't exist in a years time  now.....

Edited by Bedfordshire Bronco

3 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

It's 5108 capacity....pretty much bang on their record average attendance (last year) 

It has a lounge and boxes for hospitality - they would have kept the money from these

They could have developed the above and added it to their  other match day income (bars/food etc ...and kept the money )

It's in Salford 

FFS.....what a lost opportunity to consolidate as at least a bigger Championship club

The have chosen the alternative ......as a club they won't exist in a years time  now.....

A lot of research went in to moor lane a trust me the club would be in a worse place. There’s no boxes there. I live near and it’s a dreadful location 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Do you mean the Moor Lane move? 

As per my last post I think if they had taken it as offered they would be in a much mich better place that they currently are 

What your saying just isn’t true though if it was they would of moved but it would of cost millions to bring that stadium up to standard and still there’s no space for things like training facilities, offices not even a car park 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Charlie said:

What your saying just isn’t true though if it was they would of moved but it would of cost millions to bring that stadium up to standard and still there’s no space for things like training facilities, offices not even a car park 

Up to the standard of what?

It matches the top end of their crowd 

Salford are not a big enough club to be in the AJ Bell or SL

They need to cut thier cloth......a boutique appropriately sized stadium in thier town was perfect 

Going out of existence looks inevitable now and it was always going to be by trying to stay at the AJB

Oh and the executive box in the picture below is from ML

download.jpeg

29 minutes ago, Charlie said:

And frankly.....you are talking about training facilities, offices and car park? 

Well Salford FC run a fully professional sporting side from there and manage ......why couldn't a semi pro Championship Salford ?

9 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

And frankly.....you are talking about training facilities, offices and car park? 

Well Salford FC run a fully professional sporting side from there and manage ......why couldn't a semi pro Championship Salford ?

Your just looking a pics I’ve been to moor lane and it’s not sl standard at all i wouldn’t say it’s top champ standard and img definitely would not. Salford are looking like staying at the Aj bell for a long time so your just gonna have to suck it up 

11 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Your just looking a pics I’ve been to moor lane and it’s not sl standard at all i wouldn’t say it’s top champ standard and img definitely would not. Salford are looking like staying at the Aj bell for a long time so your just gonna have to suck it up