The USRL boss has made an offer to NRL chairman V'landys to send 160 players to Australia in the event of a player strike in the NRL

https://www.zerotackle.com/captain-america-usa-make-stunning-offer-to-nrl-as-players-refuse-to-rule-out-strike-127343/

“I have spoken with our players today and we have 160 ready to go to Australia if the NRL players go on strike,” Championship Rugby League president Tom Stevenson said.

“Today, I reached out to the coaches to get confirmation before calling Peter V'landys and all our coaches said their players would drop everything and be on the next flight over to Australia.”

• Haha 7

1 hour ago, Dirkgee said:

“Today, I reached out to the coaches to get confirmation before calling Peter V'landys and all our coaches said their players would drop everything and be on the next flight over to Australia.”

This is like the time Uri Gellar stopped the coronavirus by bending a spoon..

• Haha 5

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

"Lads, I've got a great idea about how to build our public profile: Let's offer to be scabs to break the will of fellow players in the #1 rugby league market in the world"

"Er, are you sure...?"

"Definitely fellas, it'll be a turning point for us!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

3 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

And quite a lot of people believed that would be the case.

Literally not one single person thought that. Not even the almost-pathologically optimistic, ebullient Perez. 

• Thanks 1

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

3 minutes ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

Literally not one single person thought that. Not even the almost-pathologically optimistic, ebullient Perez. 

How can you say that, how long have you been on this site Bronco?

When the Wolfpack were doing all their auditions of the 'Ready made for RL Athletes' and Brian Noble was drumming up the positivity of it all, there were many posters on here waving the flag and banging the drum that North American's would not be long before they were populating the Toronto team.

7 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

When the Wolfpack were doing all their auditions of the 'Ready made for RL Athletes' and Brian Noble was drumming up the positivity of it all, there were many posters on here waving the flag and banging the drum that North American's would not be long before they were populating the Toronto team.

"a few hours training"

OK then, maybe I missed Nobby saying that, my bad.

Thinking there are talented American ball-playing athletes who could add to our pathways and become professionals in good time, or that they are almost already oven-ready ones able to go soon, are two quite different things. I think there still are people we'd benefit from having enter our pathways. 

• Like 2

Looks like this is the Championship Rugby League guys again… appears they will do anything for a bit of publicity, e.g. recently claiming they had taken over the running of the game in the US, which was quickly refuted by IRL

• Like 1

5 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

Don't forget the US is full of ' athlete's ' that with a few hours training could become top draw RL players 😉

I see what you have done there, you have exaggerated for comic effect.

• Haha 1

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

43 minutes ago, Henson Park Old Firm said:

The Americans should fly over and help finally start the Euro-League

Give them a chance to get the NARL going first! Once, as predicted, its bigger than Superleague they can then loan a load of players to Brussels Gorillas, Birmingham Jaguars etc to get the Euro XIII off the ground 

On 23/01/2023 at 05:35, Dirkgee said:

https://www.zerotackle.com/captain-america-usa-make-stunning-offer-to-nrl-as-players-refuse-to-rule-out-strike-127343/

“I have spoken with our players today and we have 160 ready to go to Australia if the NRL players go on strike,” Championship Rugby League president Tom Stevenson said.

stupid egomaniac, shows very good why US Rugby League has more internal crises than test matches

22 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Maybe they would have, certainly in some positions, but we’ll never know.