Daryl Clark to Saints

Saints are all about home grown players so I can't see them sullying themselves like this, especially before the anti-tampering deadline which I think still applies.

I hope we are planning a nice new deal of our own for Clark.

• Like 1

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

8 hours ago, Leeds Wire said:

Davidson is a poor journeyman who hides his rumours behind a paywall.

Ah yes, a journalist wanting payment for his work. How dare he. 

His transfer rumours are normally spot on and announced well in advance of the “exclusives” others claim. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Just Browny said:

Saints are all about home grown players so I can't see them sullying themselves like this, especially before the anti-tampering deadline which I think still applies.

I hope we are planning a nice new deal of our own for Clark.

Saints have a hooker called Taylor Pemberton who is highly rated within the club but isn’t ready for another couple of years, so Clark (or anyone) for two years to give Pemberton time to possibly develop, is the most likely route for Saints at this time. 

I suspect it’s an agent putting pressure on his player’s club by releasing a story like this to ensure another contract for his client, however, as this come from Davidson and not a Matthew Shaw type, I think there may be something in this. 

2 hours ago, Jughead said:

Ah yes, a journalist wanting payment for his work. How dare he. 

His transfer rumours are normally spot on and announced well in advance of the “exclusives” others claim. 

He's a bit of a mixed bag, sometimes he breaks a good story sometimes he'll build things up beyond what they are. I find it a little annoying to get an email claiming an EXCLUSIVE to find a Castleford squad player I've never heard of is close to signing a new two year deal. 

I was born to run a club like this. Number 1, I do not spook easily, and those who think I do, are wasting their time, with their surprise attacks.

8 minutes ago, Moe syszlak said:

Would have to be a massive deal saints are offering for Clark to move away when he's almost due his testimonial at wire.

Next season 10 years at Warrington. 

12 minutes ago, Moe syszlak said:

Would have to be a massive deal saints are offering for Clark to move away when he's almost due his testimonial at wire.

They give out testimonials like confetti at the RFL as long as you've done 10 years these days. Charnley has one and went off to union halfway through!

2 minutes ago, WN83 said:

Surely Lussick has been promised the shirt? He’s sat round doing not a lot for ages now and it always feels like he must be aware he’s getting a crack at it once Roby goes. 

He doesn’t do a lot on the field either. There’s the odd flash but not anywhere near enough to justify a 40 minute (roughly) stint. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Wolford6 said:

Saints could keep selling shedloads of Roby 9 shirts. George Roby is on loan to us and he's really good.

In our house we've always referred to James as 'Sir George' in memory of the many top gigs that we've seen at the Sir George Roby pub at Finsbury Park (now sadly demolished).  It's good to know there is an actual George Roby making his way in the game.

"I'm a traditionalist and I don"t think you'd ever see me coaching an Australian national side!"  Lee Radford, RLW March 2016

Proud to be a member of the TRL woke claque

Just now, GeordieSaint said:

Agreed. Not convinced with Lussick.

I liked him at Salford and was genuinely pleased with his signing and as I say, there’s been flashes, but not enough to be convinced with him as the replacement hooker. 

5 hours ago, Jughead said:

I liked him at Salford and was genuinely pleased with his signing and as I say, there’s been flashes, but not enough to be convinced with him as the replacement hooker. 

It can't be easy finding much form when you go from playing 80 mins every week at Salford to 1 20 min spell a week at Saints. Some games he doesn't seem to come on until 65 mins gone. I think Saints need to show a little more faith in Lussick if they want the best from him.