Sat 8th Apr: SL: Catalans Dragons v Warrington Wolves KO 17:00 (UK time) (Sky)

Who will win?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Catalans Dragons
    • Warrington Wolves

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/04/23 at 16:30

6 minutes ago, bobbruce said:

No I think three try’s were 50/50s the Johnstone one the one you’re on about and the one at the end. Part of the problem is I don’t think they showed how they were sent up by the ref on any of them. If they were all sent up as no try’s then I’d admit there probably wasn’t enough evidence to change the decision. 

The final one was clear cut. In front of the kicker and inside the 10 is just factual and not subjective. 

I accept the Johnstone one was tighter (although I thought it wad still pretty clear).

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Catalans no try at the end is one of those 'thank goodness for the VR' moments. Clearly correct but probably not given on a Sunday afternoon game.

Great result for us but another prop lost. Absolutely fuming with Dudson.

• Like 2

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

1 hour ago, Old Frightful said:

I bet he never did owt like that at Wigan. 

If he had, there would have been 10,000 posts shouting for him to be hanged, drawn and quartered… 

(It would have required all of our best WDL at the top of our game to deflect, defend, deny and distract for days.)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dunbar said:

The final one was clear cut. In front of the kicker and inside the 10 is just factual and not subjective. 

I accept the Johnstone one was tighter (although I thought it wad still pretty clear).

cancelling out the efforts of top class sportstmen on technicalities - never wanted to watch RU  and dont want to watch it now - lets stop with the magnifying  glass 

• Like 1

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

2 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

cancelling out the efforts of top class sportstmen on technicalities - never wanted to watch RU  and dont want to watch it now - lets stop with the magnifying  glass 

I have stated on here many times that I would do away with the video ref if it were up to me.

• Like 3

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Looking back at the game, Catalans proved they can match every team when they are up for it. Warrington had to battle with their pack on the back foot for the first time this season, they found a way to win. As with Wigan last night some of the try saving efforts of both teams was impressive. 

Dudson was stupid at best and will rightly miss quite a few matches. Impressive today was it was not the stars who made the highlights it was cats Romario(not sure if spelt right) and Thewlis and Nicholson from Warrington. 

• Like 1

Regarding Dudson, I'd say if you are going to punch an opponent who is lying on the ground then laugh and stick your tongue out after being sent off,you have no place within the Warrington team or any team for that matter. 

I'd show him the door first thing Tuesday morning.

Edited by Wilderspoolmemories
Typo error
  • Like 11

2009 Warrington 25 Hudderfield 16

2010 Warrington 30 Leeds 6

2011 League Leaders Shield Winners

2012 Warrington 35 Leeds 18

Challenge cups and league leaders shields everywhere! We need more silver polish!

22 minutes ago, ELBOWSEYE said:

Looking back at the game, Catalans proved they can match every team when they are up for it. Warrington had to battle with their pack on the back foot for the first time this season, they found a way to win. As with Wigan last night some of the try saving efforts of both teams was impressive. 

Dudson was stupid at best and will rightly miss quite a few matches. Impressive today was it was not the stars who made the highlights it was cats Romario(not sure if spelt right) and Thewlis and Nicholson from Warrington. 

Thewlis is a bit 'under the radar' this season, I thought he was great yet again tonight in all facets of the game. 

Nicholson is an incredible talent. Possibly even better than Currie within 2-3 years.

I just hope Harrison gets fit and stays fit, because he will be huge part of this squad in the next few years.

Just watched this game having been out earlier on.  As a Dracs' fan I am obviously disappointed by the score.

A few random thoughts:

1. I thought the officials had a good game; I have no qualms with any of the calls that went against Les Dracs.
  2. I think the player offside for the late Dracs' disallowed try was the one just to the left of the kicker; he ambled forward and was about eight metres from the players involved in scrapping for the ball as it came down from the kick; not influencing the play, but technically a correct call.
  3. Conversely, I thought the penalty try was the correct call.
  4. Re the TV coverage, if I can see which Catalans and (occasionally) Wire players are in possession or making tackles, why can't Stuart Pyke?  Terrible player identification.
  5. Isn't it a matter of common courtesy for a commentator to try and ascertain how players' names are pronounced?  To do otherwise is surely just plain rude.
  6. I thought this season would be one of rebuilding for Catalans, with a likely mid-table finish.  That might yet be the case, but so far this season is a pleasant surprise, including today's performance, not least of all because...
  7. ...they have a number of young French players.  If they can hang on to them and if those players continue to develop, I could see Les Dracs being very strong in about four years' time...but big 'if's, I know! 
  8. In answer to the question posed earlier, how old is Tanguy Zenon, he will be 21 on 8th May.  He is a case in point, in terms of young French lads.
  9. What's not to like about a club who routinely field first, reserve, junior, women's and wheelchair teams in league fixtures!

Well done the Wire.  Allez Les Dracs!

Edited by Wiltshire Warrior Dragon
words in wrong order
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, Leeds Wire said:

I think Padge is one of our best on TRL, but he's as daft as my hat sometimes 🤪

Humour is a very personal thing, on a forum like this you get it or get upset by it.

One man's funny is another man's insult.

Thanks for the compliment by the way.

P.S. I did at one time have in my bio, sometimes I'm serious, sometimes not, it's up to you to work out which is which.

Edited by Padge
  • Like 1

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Oh and Jones Buchanan can go with him. He had someone else’s teeth in again tonight. Can we not do better?

On positive note, I really like Steve McNamara and I wish him and Catalans well. I think he’s a great man and I’m proud to explain to anyone who cares to listen why Catalans are in SL. ❤️

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Moe syszlak said:

I hate being pedantic, but as he's one of my musical heroes I have to say his name was ZEVON!😜🤣

It was a play on it, I know what his name really is FFS.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Cracking game and a cracking atmosphere. I thought either of the VR calls at the back-end of each half could have been different. I'd have appreciated another look at the supposed bobble from Johnstone and I wasn't sure watching it live that the chasers were offside for the second one. I'm not going to bag the VR because they may well have both been the correct calls, but it's got to hurt Catalans at home to lose with two VR calls going against them like that.

I think both these teams will be right in the mix. It was a really absorbing game - marred only slightly by the commentary.

Edited by StandOffHalf