Attendance thread

26 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Re advertising on the Tube, this was on the escalators down to Euston tube station on Friday night

IMG_2015.jpeg

Good to see they did something but that looks like an ad for Betfred if I’m just having a quick glance at it

• Like 2

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

18 hours ago, The 4 of Us said:

Interesting and relevant update which no one else seems to have referred to. Puts a lot of the other crowds into perspective and puts the date of reductions, if any, to the change in the calendar. Not sure if Neil is on here, he should know!

I don't know the detail but surface-level looks like no Leeds or St Helens might have been a factor. One of those involved in each of the 6 best attended, 7 of the top 8. even one v Catalans who might not have brought many.

20 minutes ago, Damien said:

Unless you were a Rugby League fan you wouldn't have a clue what sport that was.

Quite an achievement to produce a poster that has no mention at all of what sport is actually being played. Along with no kick off times, and no details of how to get tickets. Awful.

• Like 2

On 14/08/2023 at 18:27, Snowys Backside said:

What is it with some RL fans and attendances? 

We are obsessed. Who bloody cares. Just promote it better and it will come. Women's World Cup, First day of the Premiership, School Holidays. 

Its like playing darts with Stevie Wonder. Give it a couple of years and give it time. 

Oh, we also have stupid loop fixtures, magic weekend, rivals weekend, Grand Final, Pop Pickers week and any other American theme to keep Sky Happy. 

Just bring back the Yorks and Lancs cup for me and shove the GF and magic up your backsides!  Might give the CC final some value back then 👍

I like knowing about attendances, the people i go with always have a guess at a Saints home match what the official crowd will be. The ones who don’t go will always ask “how many was on”. 

1 hour ago, Damien said:

Unless you were a Rugby League fan you wouldn't have a clue what sport that was.

1 hour ago, phiggins said:

Quite an achievement to produce a poster that has no mention at all of what sport is actually being played. Along with no kick off times, and no details of how to get tickets. Awful.

You get away with minimal detail if the brand recognition is strong, people just do a quick search online on their phone (do people actually type url's nowadays), but as you say, our brand ain't strong enough and the actual sport isn't even named. 

Really poor stuff. 

Edited by Dave T

1 hour ago, Damien said:

Just as a guess it may have been joint or majority funded by a certain betting company ….

The most stand out and sensibly localised tube advertising was the Sam burgess on one side of the barriers, Jonathon Thurston on the other, for everyone leaving Stratford in the week before 2016 Eng v Aus 4N. 

The crowd was still disappointing though. Probably because you were either rifling through your pockets for your Oyster card or there wasn’t time to stop and read what event it was. 

Edited by pahars

12,028 at Saints on Sunday which was up by around 750 on the match last season. Huddersfield may not have the biggest of away followings but they was very vocal,  and i could clearly hear the cow bell and their fans singing.
Whilst the Saints supporters were moaning because i was one of them 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Josef K said:

12,028 at Saints on Sunday which was up by around 750 on the match last season. Huddersfield may not have the biggest of away followings but they was very vocal,  and i could clearly hear the cow bell and their fans singing.

The times Huddersfield have been on the box this year I've noticed how vocal their fans are. Fair play to them

• Like 4

Leigh v Cats game on Saturday is looking to be heading for a big crowd, they've even opened up the away end/south stand for home fans. Looking at what's available on the tickets website there should hopefully be 8/9k on, might even break the attendance record again.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, LeytherRob said:

Leigh v Cats game on Saturday is looking to be heading for a big crowd, they've even opened up the away end/south stand for home fans. Looking at what's available on the tickets website there should hopefully be 8/9k on, might even break the attendance record again.

I hope so, looks like there's still a fair amount left in the East, and one block of the West.

I do think the club missed a trick by waiting till things died down after the weekend on Monday night to push the ticket sales via their social media channels, given they already had the poster and ticket link ready a week ago. Hope they can still sell out though.

2 minutes ago, phiggins said:

I hope so, looks like there's still a fair amount left in the East, and one block of the West.

I do think the club missed a trick by waiting till things died down after the weekend on Monday night to push the ticket sales via their social media channels, given they already had the poster and ticket link ready a week ago. Hope they can still sell out though.

I've been keeping an eye on how things look on the ticket site in the run up to quite a few of the games this year and the East is looking fuller than it has for all but a couple of games this year. Block B in the west still has quite a few left but that's always been the last to go this year - not sure if it's a habit thing with it previously being the away section when we were in the championship. Typically when block B has been full this year it's the kids who are coming on with flags/playing at HT which i don't think are counted on the attendances

2 hours ago, Josef K said:

the Saints supporters were moaning because i was one of them 😁

Are you disliked in St. Helens for some reason? 😉

Someone must have been telling lies about Josef K...

Edited by JonM

24 minutes ago, LeytherRob said:

I've been keeping an eye on how things look on the ticket site in the run up to quite a few of the games this year and the East is looking fuller than it has for all but a couple of games this year. Block B in the west still has quite a few left but that's always been the last to go this year - not sure if it's a habit thing with it previously being the away section when we were in the championship. Typically when block B has been full this year it's the kids who are coming on with flags/playing at HT which i don't think are counted on the attendances

Yes, there should be more home fans than we've had at any other game this season. But if there was ever a chance to sell the ground out, it was this game. All the people in town on Sunday, then all the clips we put out during Sunday afternoon and evening, but didn't push the next game until Monday evening. Felt like a missed opportunity to be honest.

We sold 300 tickets plus a few on theday so by our standards not a bad effort, also we're always very vocal, we are supporters not spectators.

Quality not quantity with us.

• Like 5

Just now, meast said:

Always wondered why West of the Pennines, they said how many is on, when referring to crowds, but everywhere else in the country it's generally how many were in/there?

What's the meaning behind the saying?

Personally never heard it that way

Everyone’s Goal should be to sell out their Stadia or at Least sell out what is normally applicable to ‘home’ supporters. 

We can then begin to compare ourselves with the likes of football and like Warrington can look to expand the ground if necessary. 

Overall, I think attendances have been positive this season and some great numbers posted. When does Belle View fully open ? That would have sold out for sure this week if fully open. 

3 hours ago, OnStrike said:

The times Huddersfield have been on the box this year I've noticed how vocal their fans are. Fair play to them

Definitely they made a lot more noise backing their side than the Saints lot.
But no club will beat the Saints fans from turning on their players in a switch. Which i don’t mind whatsoever unless it’s vile & abusive language. Did i mention Ben Davies what a *##***# ##*$#% #%## player. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, daz39 said:

We sold 300 tickets plus a few on theday so by our standards not a bad effort, also we're always very vocal, we are supporters not spectators.

It would be great if all the Huddersfield fans took a cowbell to an away game, it’d be like Ski Sunday. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, daz39 said:

Full marks to the travelling Giants fans.  Yes, they do make a lot of noise as they're having to cover for the others who can't be bothered to show support for their team.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LeytherRob said:

They are included 

1 hour ago, meast said:

Always wondered why West of the Pennines, they said how many is on, when referring to crowds, but everywhere else in the country it's generally how many were in/there?

What's the meaning behind the saying?

Comes back from being “on the ground”, I think. Leigh’s old half time draw seller’s famed call was “the winner’s on the ground” (RIP Brian)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Definitely they made a lot more noise backing their side than the Saints lot.
But no club will beat the Saints fans from turning on their players in a switch. Which i don’t mind whatsoever unless it’s vile & abusive language. Did i mention Ben Davies what a *##***# ##*$#% #%## player. 

Only time I heard Saints fans was when they were begging for a penalty and when they scored in the last few minutes.

I suppose it's same at most grounds, we make quite a bit of noise in the block 7 area at home but away fans say they can't hear anything.

47 minutes ago, meast said:

Only time I heard Saints fans was when they were begging for a penalty and when they scored in the last few minutes.

I suppose it's same at most grounds, we make quite a bit of noise in the block 7 area at home but away fans say they can't hear anything.

Saints fans love a forrrrwarrrrrd.