Attendance thread

2 hours ago, Dave T said:

When you spend decades building up a fan base with certain behaviours (paying by season ticket for home games), it is foolish for us to keep ignoring that and just allowing crowds to be low. Fans just watch on TV. 

I do also think just copying and pasting playoffs from Aus has been foolish. Titles like Preliminary final etc means nothing to UK fans. I must admit, I have no idea what round the Warriors and Knights were playing in today. 

Culturally it's a challenging sell, and we have presented them poorly and logistically sold them terribly. 

Add to that we’ve scheduled some of the biggest play off games in recent times on a Thursday night. Need to make them events at the weekend

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Dave T said:

When you spend decades building up a fan base with certain behaviours (paying by season ticket for home games), it is foolish for us to keep ignoring that and just allowing crowds to be low. Fans just watch on TV. 

I do also think just copying and pasting playoffs from Aus has been foolish. Titles like Preliminary final etc means nothing to UK fans. I must admit, I have no idea what round the Warriors and Knights were playing in today. 

Culturally it's a challenging sell, and we have presented them poorly and logistically sold them terribly. 

Yeah, it’s not so much the title, but the fact people will go watch their team all year and then not watch them playoff for a place at Old Trafford.

Based on all the historical evidence, I had long ago come to the conclusion the second half of your very last sentence is accurate.

6 hours ago, Josef K said:

Does anyone know what the official attendances at the Wakey & Fartown games last week. It looked as if Rovers took a good following to Fartown, and id imagine it would have been close to a sellout at Wakefield. 
I haven’t watched the Wire/Saints game yet but there looked a very good crowd on. 

4,500 at Huddersfield (or 20,000 empty seats).

• Haha 2

On 14/09/2023 at 11:20, gingerjon said:

The experience of other sports is that whilst there is a fair bit of overlap, it is quite often a different audience. It’s one of the reasons why the RFL policy of curtain raisers for many big women’s games is counter productive.

I'd say it's the same with Huddersfield women, a totally different demographic to what watches the women's games.

• Like 1

I was told there was a bit of bother at the HKR/Salford match last night. I don’t know how true this is because a mate told me he’d seen it on social media. He said both sets of fans were pointing the finger at one another and who started it. I just Hope something is sorted and whoever the culprits are get banned for life.

I do wonder if clubs clamp down enough on the ones who cannot behave at matches. 
We don’t have the support like football has so you would think they’d be easier to root out. Was it the same old story of someone not being able to handle their alcohol and losing it. 

Hull KR announced a season average of 8793 at the end of the Salford match on Saturday, our highest in 42 years. That's 12% growth on last year's 7788, and 25% greater than when we first got back into Super League. 

The higher 1980/81 average was in the season after we'd won the Challenge Cup at Wembley, so quite a benchmark. For those of you too young to remember, I'd just like to take this opportunity to highlight that the team we beat at Wembley that year was Hull FC, and the score was 10-5. Not that at Rovers we ever like to remember it, barely thought about it since, but you know, just as a point of general interest seeing as we're on the subject. 🤣🤣🤣

Salford v Hull KR-Match Preview. – Salford RLFC Supporters' Trust

Edited by Hull Kingston Bronco
Typo
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

1 hour ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

Hull KR announced a season average of 8793 at the end of the Salford match on Saturday, our highest in 42 years. That's 12% growth on last year's 7788, and 25% greater than when we first got back into Super League. 

The higher 1980/81 average was in the season after we'd won the Challenge Cup at Wembley, so quite a benchmark. For those of you too young to remember, I'd just like to take this opportunity to highlight that the team we beat at Wembley that year was Hull FC, and the score was 10-5. Not that at Rovers we ever like to remember it, barely thought about it since, but you know, just as a point of general interest seeing as we're on the subject. 🤣🤣🤣

Was that the year when the last person leaving switch of the lights.

2 minutes ago, EggFace said:

Was that the year when the last person leaving switch of the lights.

Aye, this one...

Last-One-Out-Turn-The-Lights-Off-sign-at-1980-Challenge-Cup.jpg

• Thanks 1

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

2 hours ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

We dwell on all the bad stuff happening in the sport, but I think this is something to be celebrated (although I know fans of some clubs will find that hard!)

Hull KR are on the verge of becoming a "big" club - perhaps they're already there. A self-sustaining financially strong club, that can afford a good team year after year - a virtuous circle.

Many of us have long said this is is what Superleague needs - more teams that can sustainably compete with the big clubs, improving the competition. Now we're getting there.

• Like 9

3 hours ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

Great news. I still find it bizarre (and annoying) that they don’t announce them after every home game though. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Toby Chopra said:

We dwell on all the bad stuff happening in the sport, but I think this is something to be celebrated (although I know fans of some clubs will find that hard!)

Hull KR are on the verge of becoming a "big" club - perhaps they're already there. A self-sustaining financially strong club, that can afford a good team year after year - a virtuous circle.

Many of us have long said this is is what Superleague needs - more teams that can sustainably compete with the big clubs, improving the competition. Now we're getting there.

Cheers. Willie Peters' and Paul Lakin's phrase is "we aspire to be a Top 4 club", and that means consistent Top 4 really. So years away, and a lot of work to do. But I think that should be a goal for everyone, and it's not all just about doing it next season eh, or even league position every year. It's about building some foundations. I look at Wigan's club culture, look at how the majority of Saints squad is from their Academy, look at Catalans amazing corporate entertainment base, and I know they're struggling now but I would still look at the professionalism of Leeds' entire operation over many, many years. They're the benchmark, we need more clubs like those 4... that will help the whole sport.  

Edited by Hull Kingston Bronco
Typo
  • Like 6

4 hours ago, Snowys Backside said:

Leigh need a bigger boat. 

Sold out albeit a reduced capacity on the actual 12005 due to unreserved seating and accommodating a whole block for the entertainment. 

It will be a noisy one! 

DB has confirmed on twitter the capacity for Friday will be 10,308. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

It’s nice that players were allowed to take their grandads onto the pitch to enjoy the celebrations. 😉

• Haha 2

38 minutes ago, bobbruce said:

It’s nice that players were allowed to take their grandads onto the pitch to enjoy the celebrations. 😉

Mad innit. Brian Lockwood was only 33 in that pic, and went on to win it again - beating Rovers- in the next year’s final too. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Snowys Backside said:

Leigh need a bigger boat. 

Sold out albeit a reduced capacity on the actual 12005 due to unreserved seating and accommodating a whole block for the entertainment. 

It will be a noisy one! 

They probably wish they'd done allocated seating in the South Stand now, though I suspect the stadium management took that decision, not the club.

To be fair, this is the first time they've ever needed a bigger boat (while charging for tickets), and there'll probably be approaching 4k away fans altogether, but still good news. Hopefully a good game that can maintain a good atmosphere, and not a procession and a league leaders shield party for the majority of the game.

Big test for Leigh will be how many memberships they can shift next year.

3 hours ago, phiggins said:

They probably wish they'd done allocated seating in the South Stand now, though I suspect the stadium management took that decision, not the club.

To be fair, this is the first time they've ever needed a bigger boat (while charging for tickets), and there'll probably be approaching 4k away fans altogether, but still good news. Hopefully a good game that can maintain a good atmosphere, and not a procession and a league leaders shield party for the majority of the game.

Big test for Leigh will be how many memberships they can shift next year.

The difference is 218 (2,176 less 10%) so neither here nor there considering how many seats are lost for the stage (280 in East blocks A-C versus 832 if the stage wasn’t there). The numbers banded about would also suggest that the North Stand hasn’t gone to the full capacity (which has literally only happened once). Ordinarily, with everything else sold, in theory the application would be made but it is dependent on being able to expand the concourse in to the corners between the North and East/West but with so much activity in the north-west corner especially then it wouldn’t be a surprise if it wouldn’t be approved anyway.

Incredible sales all the same. Should look great on telly. 

Edited by Leyther_Matt
Number edit
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

The difference is 218 (2,176 less 10%) so neither here nor there considering how many seats are lost for the stage (270 in East blocks A-C versus 832 if the stage wasn’t there). The numbers banded about would also suggest that the North Stand hasn’t gone to the full capacity (which has literally only happened once). Ordinarily, with everything else sold, in theory the application would be made but it is dependent on being able to expand the concourse in to the corners between the North and East/West but with so much activity in the north-west corner especially then it wouldn’t be a surprise if it wouldn’t be approved anyway.

Incredible sales all the same. Should look great on telly. 

Ah, I thought the difference with the South Stand was higher than that. Thanks. Yes, if the capacity is 10,300 as Beaumont tweeted, then the North Stand must've been capped as well. Thought it held 4k.

20 hours ago, Toby Chopra said:

An Adidas Retro shirt, id imagine one of them would be worth a few Bob now. 

On 18/09/2023 at 14:28, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

Hi HKB , it was that long ago it was only 3 points a try 😉