Attendance thread

Looks great

• Like 2

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

On 13/10/2023 at 16:32, GUBRATS said:

Different strokes as they say , apart from sport you'd have to pay me to go to London , in fact the only time I've ever set foot in the place is either work ( the outskirts only ) , watching Leyth or going to the airport 

Who the hell wants to go there , let alone actually live there , they must be mad 

London is absolutely massive. There's a huge amount of things to see and do. I can't even begin to say how dumb i think this post is. Saying you don't want to live there i can understand, its a big city, which isnt for everyone. But the rest of your post is pure ignorance.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Tre Cool said:

London is absolutely massive. There's a huge amount of things to see and do. I can't even begin to say how dumb i think this post is. Saying you don't want to live there i can understand, its a big city, which isnt for everyone. But the rest of your post is pure ignorance.

Added to which, Londoners have been some of the best, most warm and interesting people I've worked with. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Tre Cool said:

Why ? , quite simply I don't like big cities , been round Manchester today , don't like that either , just my preference , I don't see how that makes me ignorant 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GUBRATS said:

Why ? , quite simply I don't like big cities , been round Manchester today , don't like that either , just my preference , I don't see how that makes me ignorant 

But you dont see why anyone would want to go to or live in London? It's one of the most visited and popular cities in the world and you don't know why anyone wants to go there? Ignorance.  I'm from Yorkshire and would rather live in Yorkshire any day. But London is a truly amazing city and i feel very lucky to live near it.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Tre Cool said:

But you dont see why anyone would want to go to or live in London? It's one of the most visited and popular cities in the world and you don't know why anyone wants to go there? Ignorance.  I'm from Yorkshire and would rather live in Yorkshire any day. But London is a truly amazing city and i feel very lucky to live near it.

Good for you glad you like it 

10 minutes ago, Tre Cool said:

Me and the other 30 million visitors every year who go there for no reason you can think of

What's they saying 

" you can fool all of the people some of the time , and some of the people all of the time " 

1 minute ago, GUBRATS said:

What's they saying 

" you can fool all of the people some of the time , and some of the people all of the time " 

Yes yes 30 million fools who should've gone to Leigh instead and visited the Northwest Computer Museum.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Tre Cool said:

Yes yes 30 million fools who should've gone to Leigh instead and visited the Northwest Computer Museum.

It isn't compulsory, and I don't get the dig at Leigh , bit childish 

Feel free to have another pop at the town of my birth , I'll not be replying 

7 hours ago, Ste93 said:

Are we happy with the attendance tonight? If it was Wigan Vs saints we would have 70k, that's fair enough imo

Considering it was Catalan I’d say yes.

probably pushing 70k if a Warrington, saints, Leeds or even a hull kr or Leigh made final.

44 minutes ago, HartwoodHarvard said:

18,144 for Australia Vs Samoa in Townsville. Good crowd, could have got 25k+ in SE QLD or Western Sydney

I don’t think it’s a good crowd at all (less than the NRL club avg for 2023) however, probably as good as it could get being post NRL season and with the little media attention it got. I have doubts it would’ve got more in Paramatta.

9 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

Manchester centre is such a grim and grimy city....I find it depressing ....we avoid it when we are up for OT ....contrast to other northern city centres like Chester, Leeds or York which are fantastic