Attendance thread

14 hours ago, Madrileño said:

Brilliant for the game.

Unfortunately it looked on TV like there were only about 12 or 1300 at Salford v Castleford. Appalling looking crowd. 

Notice you were very quiet when we had record crowds last weekend (and some great RL) and a near sell out and a great game last night- but you broke cover to SL bash by making up the Salford crowd yourself.... not often your negative about RL in the UK lad.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, JM2010 said:

That’s not too bad with no away fans. A good win for the Giants too

A cracking win and very decent crowd, considering it chucked it down all day and night  and there was a top of the table local rival clash on TV which have put some off, plus we lost last week which can have an effect.

15 hours ago, Madrileño said:

Brilliant for the game.

Unfortunately it looked on TV like there were only about 12 or 1300 at Salford v Castleford. Appalling looking crowd. 

To be fair that is the only televised game with a poor attendance & yes it did look awful on TV but the others games over the 2 rounds more than made up for it.

Sky really shouldn’t be scheduling games at the AJ Bell on a Thursday night though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Davo5 said:

To be fair that is the only televised game with a poor attendance & yes it did look awful on TV but the others games over the 2 rounds more than made up for it.

Sky really shouldn’t be scheduling games at the AJ Bell on a Thursday night though.

I don’t think Sky as are bothered about empty seats as many in this forum like to think. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mr Frisky said:

Notice you were very quiet when we had record crowds last weekend (and some great RL) and a near sell out and a great game last night- but you broke cover to SL bash by making up the Salford crowd yourself.... not often your negative about RL in the UK lad.

You have no idea what you are on about lad. 

I have been very positive about League crowds all over my socials. As well as here on my post you quoted. I didn't "break cover" to a small bunch of 60-somethings on a forum lad. I just didn't get round to posting, as the audience is miniscule!

Rent free son. Rent free. 👍

Edited by Madrileño
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Eddie said:

I don’t think Sky as are bothered about empty seats as many in this forum like to think. 

They probably aren't per se but I do think a good crowd and atmosphere helps tremendously with perception and appeal and is far more likely to attract a floating viewer. And Sky do care about viewing figures.

1 hour ago, Madrileño said:

Let's be honest though. Inside the stadium, in reality, it looked a lot less than that. 

Given the AJ Bell holds 12k & 2 stands were virtually empty I was surprised by the official attendance.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Madrileño said:

You have no idea what you are on about lad. 

I have been very positive about League crowds all over my socials. As well as here on my post you quoted. I didn't "break cover" to a small bunch of 60-somethings on a forum lad. I just didn't get round to posting, as the audience is miniscule!

Rent free son. Rent free. 👍

A bit of respect is due.  That 'small bunch of 60-somethings' were counting empty seats, shouting for forward passes and questioning the integrity of the ref's (as well as the marital status of his parents) while you were still in nappies. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 7

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

14 hours ago, EggFace said:

What was it last year and in 2019

2021 - 18,085

2019 - 17,590

2018 - 20,151

2017 - 21,172

2016 - 22,478

2015 - 18,844

2014 - 21,176

On 14/04/2023 at 16:40, The Rocket said:

You really are a half-empty sort of bloke, the NRL will be stoked with the crowd figures this year, even the Easter weekend figures.

Turns out you are right, what a Les Miserable I turned out to be. Biggest by some margin for the last 10 years. Maybe ever.

• Like 1

On 15/04/2023 at 17:52, Madrileño said:

As well as here on my post you quoted. I didn't "break cover" to a small bunch of 60-somethings on a forum lad. I just didn't get round to posting, as the audience is miniscule!

So not worth your time you’ve barely managed to post here 700 times.

• Haha 1

On 15/04/2023 at 16:10, Mr Frisky said:

Sorry.... who are  you?

Lad.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Mr Frisky said:

Some cracking lg 1 games today marra - hope you enjoyed them as much as we did.

Nothing personal mate, but I only follow the pro game. No interest in the amateur stuff but if that floats your boat, I am delighted to hear you had a good day. 👍

I try to watch the part time stuff on Viaplay, and they put together a good product normally. If I see the likes of the farmyard at Dewsbury though, with these BARLA level floodlights, I switch off.

Sorry. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Madrileño said:

Nothing personal mate, but I only follow the pro game. No interest in the amateur stuff but if that floats your boat, I am delighted to hear you had a good day. 👍

I try to watch the part time stuff on Viaplay, and they put together a good product normally. If I see the likes of the farmyard at Dewsbury though, with these BARLA level floodlights, I switch off.

Sorry. 

@Mr Frisky I see your reaction, but I genuinely wasnt having a crack. As I said I have zero interest in low level, part time League (League 1) but if you enjoy it, good on ya

These teams need all the support they can get, and if you are paying at the gate, then Chapeau ... no negativity from me. 

👍

Edited by Madrileño

6 hours ago, Madrileño said:

@Mr Frisky I see your reaction, but I genuinely wasnt having a crack. As I said I have zero interest in low level, part time League (League 1) but if you enjoy it, good on ya

These teams need all the support they can get, and if you are paying at the gate, then Chapeau ... no negativity from me. 

👍

There seems to have been nothing but negativity from you when it comes to anything UK RL related outside of the top 9 or 10 Super League clubs. 😅

If you recognise the value of these clubs and their need for support (as you do above) perhaps this is the tone to take more regularly.

Without taking the thread too far of course, I'm interested about whether as a New Zealander, your post means that (outside of the national team and the Warriors) you don't have any interest in New Zealand RL and its comps?

Edited by Barley Mow