Attendance thread

Compare an Easter with Leeds, Wigan, Hull FC, Cas, Leigh and Catalans at home vs one with Warrington, Salford, Huddersfield, Saints, Wakey and KR at home I guess. 

Glad we've seemed to arrange it to go for the record. Good when all games are on Sky too.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Compare an Easter with Leeds, Wigan, Hull FC, Cas, Leigh and Catalans at home vs one with Warrington, Salford, Huddersfield, Saints, Wakey and KR at home I guess. 

Glad we've seemed to arrange it to go for the record. Good when all games are on Sky too.

They could have had Wire at home too, for an extra couple of thousand. Otherwise yes excellent, what a great weekend it’s been. 

13 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

You could still get very large crowds for the reverse fixtures: Saints 18.5k HKR 12k+ would drop us around 15k, but the rest could between them match the aggregate. Of course, if we ever have Bradford back, then we could be 90k plus if we put our mind to it. 

• Like 1

Just now, Eddie said:

They could have had Wire at home too, for an extra couple of thousand. Otherwise yes excellent, what a great weekend it’s been. 

Against Catalans? Over 10k?

Maybe Wire vs Salford or Leigh with the other going away to Catalans would have been max I guess. But were talking maybe 5k overall more?

2 minutes ago, Exiled Wiganer said:

You could still get very large crowds for the reverse fixtures: Saints 18.5k HKR 12k+ would drop us around 15k, but the rest could between them match the aggregate. Of course, if we ever have Bradford back, then we could be 90k plus if we put our mind to it. 

Huddersfield at home drop another probably 7k too probably, and 2k less at Wakey minimum (same at Salford probably).

Very quickly you can be down 30k.

Edited by Tommygilf

I think the decision to scrap the 2nd Easter game has been fully vindicated. They really did offer nothing and were poorly attended. Having top quality games spread out over 4 days with great crowds and each game on TV has been great. 

Edited by Damien
  • Like 12

3 minutes ago, Damien said:

I think the decision to scrap the 2nd Easter game has been fully vindicated. They really did offer nothing and were poorly attended. Having top quality games spread out over 4 days with great crowds and each game on TV has been great. 

I haven't heard of any complaints from clubs who 'lost' their home Easter fixture/income either.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Huddersfield at home drop another probably 7k too probably, and 2k less at Wakey minimum (same at Salford probably).

Very quickly you can be down 30k.

Maybe, maybe not. I don’t see it. Top of the league Wire could have sold out, HKR could have got more than 12k in, Huddersfield have had 5 figure crowds against Leeds. We will never know. My money would be around 65k. 

14 minutes ago, Exiled Wiganer said:

Maybe, maybe not. I don’t see it. Top of the league Wire could have sold out, HKR could have got more than 12k in, Huddersfield have had 5 figure crowds against Leeds. We will never know. My money would be around 65k. 

Thats incredibly optimistic.

30 minutes ago, Barley Mow said:

I haven't heard of any complaints from clubs who 'lost' their home Easter fixture/income either.

Probably because they often got smaller crowds anyway than they would for a normal round.

It was a great atmosphere at Wigan(in the Wigan stands) . BUT sadly some of the behaviour from certain sections of the Saints fans was embarrassing. It looks as if some of the St Helens NorthFace Yoof was determined to take seats at the back of the stand whether they was their seats or not. A lot of them were plastered on their one can of Skona Lager which made their behaviour even worse.
I would hope the cctv was working and then some of fooligans could be banned from RL grounds. But they wasn’t the only ones, their was mums & dads with young kids whom were also legless(not the kids). One dad looked really proud of himself when he kept telling his young kids to sing about a Wigan player being a sex offender, the worrying thing is he thought it was funny. I said to him “come on mate there is no need for that”, i was then told by himself and the rest of his clan to “F-off, you f-ing snowflake, if you don’t like it f-off”. I did say to him “you do know the opposite of snowflake is melt”, but that just sailed over his head like a rubbish last tackle kick by Saints.
This type of behaviour does put fans off especially when it’s a group of angry dunderheads. I wouldn’t mind most of them wasted their time queuing up at the bar’s and probably won’t even remember the game or their behaviour. I don’t know what clubs can do, but i did hear the usual “it’ll be football fans because RL is a family game”.  Those supporters need to take their blinkers off and get their ears syringed to unblock them. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Tommygilf said:

Against Catalans? Over 10k?

Maybe Wire vs Salford or Leigh with the other going away to Catalans would have been max I guess. But were talking maybe 5k overall more?

Yeah I reckon they’d have got more than 10.7k for that fixture on Easter Saturday, with them top of the league. Marginal though. 

55 minutes ago, Damien said:

This weekend of RL has been the dogs b011ocks tbf, I hope some new spectators caught some of the action too, especially yesterday evening’s fixture. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Eddie said:

Catalan v Wire would be more than Wire v Catalan.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.