Fri 26th May: SL: Leeds Rhinos v St Helens KO 20:00 (Sky)

Who will win?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leeds Rhinos
    • St Helens

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 26/05/23 at 19:30

Leeds had position, possession and a repeat set right before the end, but didn't look like they had an idea what to do with it all.

Like last night, this should have been a draw.

• Like 8

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Watching this thinking that Leeds look more on the verge of being a champion team than they have for a long time. To produce that performance with injuries like that and a bench short is just incredible.
Daylight robbery there.

Sangare was sensational and tonight made me realise how good a pro Ash Handley is.

Edited by Waynebennettswinger
Freudian slip

Complete crock of ordure. Saints unbelievably lucky. The Lomax incident was an absolute disgrace. What a little George the Third he is. I'm no fan of Leeds but really gutted for them how Saints pulled to wool over the refs eyes and ears.

I might add that I've not always felt like that about Saints. Only since I first saw them play.,..1957...or was it 1959....oh well.....😀😀😀

Edited by JohnM
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, glossop saint said:

In 3 posts above we had Saints don't deserve it, Leeds are awful and match officials are disgraceful. Anyone going to go for the commentators and fans for the full house?

I wouldn't waste my time talking about the commentators.

Frantic and crazy stuff! Dodd eventually sinks one!

Leeds were on fumes late on there and I thought Saints could open them up whenever they spread the ball. Incredibly gallant effort from Leeds. 

A lot of errors but a draining and weird game

3 minutes ago, glossop saint said:

In 3 posts above we had Saints don't deserve it, Leeds are awful and match officials are disgraceful. Anyone going to go for the commentators and fans for the full house?

Saints don't deserve it, though. Fact.

Think Leeds lost that rather then saints won it. Leeds threw away so many really good chances with terrible play and lack of ideas near the try line.  They needed a lot more composure and patience. 

5 minutes ago, glossop saint said:

It was fantastic entertainment had everything a draw would have been fitting.

Yes Leeds made sure me poor choices but imagine the fatigue of playing with 15 men then a red card and still gettimg in those positions to win. Haven’t felt as proud in a loss for years, I think the Saints fans will think differently though

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Gavin Harrison said:

Breathtaking.

The decisions that St Helens regulary appear to get is seriously beginning to test my belief in the impartiality of how games are officiated.

Mata'utia has the ball pulled out and it's called a knock-on, he tackles the Leeds player above the knee and is sin-binned, Ritson gets slapped in the face in extra time and it's play on.

I thought the Leeds send-off was pretty dubious. I didn't see a punch and the Leeds player (was it McDonnell?) was adamant that he didn't throw a punch or cause the blood on the jumper.

Lots of calls I had an issue tonight. I don't think Saints were noticeably favoured.

Edited by StandOffHalf
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, 7723 said:

Think Leeds lost that rather then saints won it. Leeds threw away so many really good chances with terrible play and lack of ideas near the try line.  They needed a lot more composure and patience. 

As i say im amazed we got into those positions in the first place

Sangaré, Smith and Martin must have made about 150 carries each, no idea how some of those guys are going to get up tomorrow.

• Like 3

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Just now, StandOffHalf said:

Mata'utia has the ball pulled out and it's called a knock-on, he tackles the Leeds player above the knee and is sin-binned, Ritson gets slapped in the face in extra time and it's play on.

I thought the Leeds send-off was pretty dubious. I didn't see and punch and the Leeds player (was it McDonnell?) was adamant that he didn't throw a punch or cause the blood on the jumper.

Lots of calls I had an issue tonight. I don't think Saints were noticeably favoured.

I think saints got away with a lot of lying on but i am biased.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

That was entertaining and frustrating to watch in equal measure. A really close game with plenty of twists and turns but golden point is tedious. Watching two teams forget how to play effective rugby for up to 10 minutes while they wildly attempt to kick drop goals that are never on is not the best entertainment. Like last night neither team deserves to come away without a point but also neither team deserves to come away with two points having failed to win after 80. Can we just ditch golden point already.

• Like 6