Sat 3rd Jun: SL: Leeds Rhinos v Castleford Tigers KO 18:00 (Sky)

Who will win?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leeds Rhinos
    • Castleford Tigers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/06/23 at 17:30

8 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Get Hooley back from Batley, or why else would Leeds have signed him?

Leeds should win, but Cas can throw up a good performance v Leeds.

Hooley has been back from Batley for a few weeks. He will probably play on Saturday.

• Thanks 1

we'll score a try

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

I’ve nor seen an awful lot if Castleford this year, what’s going on? Lack of effort? Lack of Quality or both?

Cas always raise their game against Leeds as shown earlier in the year (Leeds were painfully bad in that game though).

Wont be easy for Leeds down on troops but I would hope we can still get the win.

Saw this game advertised, looked to buy tickets as we occasionally go to Headingley when the games are a sensible start time for young family, then twigged it's Magic Weekend so in Newcastle. Note to club / authorities, there are people with young families (surely children = potential future of the game) who won't attend 8pm Thursday games. I get that there are also reasons why other audiences like an 8pm start, but feel the relative lack of earlier kick-offs and weekend games at some clubs is a bigger factor in not selling out games than some recognise.

• Like 1

Thursday 8pm is purely down to Sky TV . No club will play Thursday unless it's the Sky chosen game for that week and then clubs have no choice . Unfortunately , this also has a knock on effect for other fixtures . This year Cas moved home games to Friday night because of Sky Thursday games , as we found that playing Sunday and then having to play the following Thursday (if sky game) meant only a 4 day turnaround . Playing Friday night means that you get at least 6 days even if chosen for Thursday game. I think most , if not all , clubs would prefer a weekend (particularly Sunday) afternoon kick off.

Edited by Taffy Tiger

6 hours ago, N2022 said:

Saw this game advertised, looked to buy tickets as we occasionally go to Headingley when the games are a sensible start time for young family, then twigged it's Magic Weekend so in Newcastle. Note to club / authorities, there are people with young families (surely children = potential future of the game) who won't attend 8pm Thursday games. I get that there are also reasons why other audiences like an 8pm start, but feel the relative lack of earlier kick-offs and weekend games at some clubs is a bigger factor in not selling out games than some recognise.

100%. Serious lack of weekend afternoon kick offs to bring kids. Looking at Leeds fixture list only Warrington and Leigh at home on an afternoon for the rest of the season

5 hours ago, Taffy Tiger said:

Thursday 8pm is purely down to Sky TV . No club will play Thursday unless it's the Sky chosen game for that week and then clubs have no choice . Unfortunately , this also has a knock on effect for other fixtures . This year Cas moved home games to Friday night because of Sky Thursday games , as we found that playing Sunday and then having to play the following Thursday (if sky game) meant only a 4 day turnaround . Playing Friday night means that you get at least 6 days even if chosen for Thursday game. I think most , if not all , clubs would prefer a weekend (particularly Sunday) afternoon kick off.

Helpful to know the context around recovery time. I think Sun pm would be great for more games to be on.

• Like 1

Looks like tallness runs in the Weir family!

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Early signs are pointing to a stuffing.

A judgement which leads immediately to two well taken Cas tries.

Edited by Just Browny
  • Haha 3

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Yowzers!

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson