Thur 22nd Jun: SL: Hull FC v St Helens KO 20:00 (Sky)

Who will win?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Hull FC
    • St Helens

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 22/06/23 at 19:30

The second Litten no-try was a very poor decision; glad that wasn't a game-affecting moment. Impressive win for Hull.

• Like 1

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Hull were great, the desire was there from minute 1 to 80, complete opposite from Saints on the night. Total lack of desire from the team as a whole coupled with some appalling individual performances. Throw in some naivety from the coach with some of his team selections. With 2 recognised 1st team hookers fit what on earth possessed him to put Knowles in at 9 😟 If he wanted to rest hookers then at least give one of the youngsters a go. They've got 3 very good young hookers across the Reserves & Academy and they're not getting a sniff of 1st team action.

These games happen from time to time and for Saints the most important thing is how they react against Cas next week

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

41 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

The second Litten no-try was a very poor decision; glad that wasn't a game-affecting moment. Impressive win for Hull.

Yeah having watched the replay again this morning I think it was a try. Litten didn't have his best game tbh but that was a superb effort from him that deserved a try. Never mind.

23 minutes ago, Saint Toppy said:

Hull were great, the desire was there from minute 1 to 80, complete opposite from Saints on the night. Total lack of desire from the team as a whole coupled with some appalling individual performances. Throw in some naivety from the coach with some of his team selections. With 2 recognised 1st team hookers fit what on earth possessed him to put Knowles in at 9 😟 If he wanted to rest hookers then at least give one of the youngsters a go. They've got 3 very good young hookers across the Reserves & Academy and they're not getting a sniff of 1st team action.

These games happen from time to time and for Saints the most important thing is how they react against Cas next week

Well cas will be up for it after watching that.

10 hours ago, Fadge said:

Don’t be harsh. This is what happens when your team aren’t playing and your sister/wife is your only other form of entertainment. Well done Hull 👏

One post and banned... well done.

p.s. more flags than the post, dear reader...

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

I remember saying around the time of the derby defeat that if Tony Smith can turn this rabble around it would probably go down as the biggest achievement of an already very accomplished career. 

We are unrecognisable from that team at the minute. Since those hard fought wins against Huddersfield and Wigan it's like a switch has been flicked. Great wins against Saints and Warrington, a couple of professional performances against Wakefield and Cas. Even in defeat we have played well. Against Leigh and Salford we just got turned over by the better team on the day, but both games were highly competitive. I also am pretty sure we would have turned over Saints in the cup if not for Griffin's outburst. 

With Catalans at home next and an opportunity for derby revenge to follow I'm more excited about this team and where it's going than I have been in years.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Waynebennettswinger said:

Smith and Savelio spoke with real grace and humility tonight.

Great honesty from Wellens about Roby.

Fash looking forward to playing the Catalyst Dragons soon 😂

I thought Savelio gave a really good interview. You don't hear him talk very much actually but he seems like a really engaging character, need to get him on more often.

• Like 1

Hull were fantastic all over the park last night, Clifford’s kicking game was first class, they deserved a far bigger victory. 
As for Saints - Wellens is out of his depth he hasn’t got a clue.

“Wellens - Erm yeah Lussick has been playing really well of late, but squad rotation is needed. So I am not going to play him and instead i am going to put the overrated Morgan Knowles at 9 because it’s Morgan Knowles, then move 76yr old James Roby on to the bench”. 
We will continue with Dodd doing our kicks in general play, even though everyone can see he is sh*** at it.

1 hour ago, MZH said:

I remember saying around the time of the derby defeat that if Tony Smith can turn this rabble around it would probably go down as the biggest achievement of an already very accomplished career. 

We are unrecognisable from that team at the minute. Since those hard fought wins against Huddersfield and Wigan it's like a switch has been flicked. Great wins against Saints and Warrington, a couple of professional performances against Wakefield and Cas. Even in defeat we have played well. Against Leigh and Salford we just got turned over by the better team on the day, but both games were highly competitive. I also am pretty sure we would have turned over Saints in the cup if not for Griffin's outburst. 

With Catalans at home next and an opportunity for derby revenge to follow I'm more excited about this team and where it's going than I have been in years.

And thats what keeps us going ,the highs feel even higher when we hit what feels like rock bottom.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

Should have been a penalty against Clifford there 

I've been very vocal against grubs who head rub a player after they've made an error and the fact that it's our in form and probably most talented player that did it makes absolutely no difference.

Stop this sh*t by sending them to the bin.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
                                                                     Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

14 hours ago, JohnM said:

There is no neutrality when it comes to St Helens. Tonight, the fans of 10 other SL teams will be celebrating.

9 Shirley?!?!

14 hours ago, bobbruce said:

That should set a standard for what those Hull players can produce. That sort of desire and commitment as a team should be there every week now. 

To be fair, our defence has been brilliant since the Huddersfield game. Resilience has been something missing (the way we've been throwing in the towel has been shocking). If we can play like that for the rest of the season, hopefully those above us will start losing a few and we can sneak in.

• Like 1
Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

4 hours ago, JohnM said:

Who else by HKR (and Saints) would want Saints to win? I want a word with them, whoever they are.

If you had done the “RLFO-Rugby League Fixed Odds” and you had took a Saints win then that’d be a real bummer.

Luckily i never bother going near Saints as i don’t trust them. At this moment in time i haven’t picked a wrong result in the five other SL games for this round which is a big positive  😁

19 hours ago, JohnM said:

...and still jet lagged, too.😀

Where did you get your misinformation from, Saints didn’t go by jet they went the rough & tough way travelling on the prison ship Neptune. Half of them did anyway, the other half are walking home. They don’t like to talk about it though. 

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

That has to be one of the best Hull performances in both attack and defence I've seen in about 20 years. The amount of confidence we had to go for a short drop out when we didn't even need it said it all about our state of mind: belief!

Might have left it too late to slip into the playoffs, but we'll give it a go!

Those short dropouts make complete sense to me tactically. It doesn't matter whether you kick the ball 15 metres or 50, you still end up defending your line. You might as well turn it into a contest for possession plus you're not giving players like Walmsley, Paasi and Hurrell a 20 metre run up at your defence. 

• Like 3

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

5 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

I've been very vocal against grubs who head rub a player after they've made an error and the fact that it's our in form and probably most talented player that did it makes absolutely no difference.

Stop this sh*t by sending them to the bin.

Agree with that but having seen it again I've got a feeling it was payback for an earlier incident hence the leniency.

• Like 1

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

8 hours ago, MZH said:

I share that excitement and if we can get one over the Dragons they'll be getting nervous over in East Hull.

On 23/06/2023 at 18:17, Ullman said:

Agree with that but having seen it again I've got a feeling it was payback for an earlier incident hence the leniency.

Quite possibly.

I now have the tough job of watching it all again to see if you're correct....I may even watch the entire game after that incident just to see if Clifford was reacting to something that happened later on that he already knew about.

At the moment, I believe he's quite capable of anything.

• Haha 2