Toulouse v Fev

9 hours ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

Toulouse have at least 2 other home grounds in the city, it'll be fine. In fact, they're probably better suited to Championship rugby. Stade des Minimes is their long-term home hopefully it'll be there, it's got a great bar on a raised platform in one corner, nothing better than watching the match from there sat on a bar stool!

Seem to remember Blagnac having something similar. Minimes would be ideal. 1/2 hour walk from Victor Hugo market area, where I'm staying.

Edited by David Shepherd

6 minutes ago, David Shepherd said:

Seem to remember Blagnac having something similar. Minimes would be ideal. 1/2 walk from Victor Hugo market area, where I'm staying.

That might well be me mixing the two up then, I've been to both and my memory isn't what it was  🤣

• Haha 1

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

There are at least 150 going from Barrow with it being Bank Holiday weekend .

Japan RU side are using the usual ground as a training base for the RUWC. I'm sure they could have stayed off the pitch for a couple of hours on a Saturday night

Edited by the man
BarrowRaiders-TheMan-1.png

Just now, the man said:

There are at least 150 going from Barrow with it being Bank Holiday weekend 

I can ask if TO can put on some coaches for those that don't have their own transport (probably everyone to be honest) depending on where it will be 

5 minutes ago, the man said:

There are at least 150 going from Barrow with it being Bank Holiday weekend .

Japan RU side are using the usual ground as a training base for the RUWC. I'm sure they could have stayed off the pitch for a couple of hours on a Saturday night

The Japanese team might have enjoyed watching a decent sport too. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Daft old hooker said:

The problem ultimately is Toulouse is a Rugby Union city and RL will always have to play second fiddle.

It's a  very large city where the two sports co-exist fairly easily besides when there is a union world cup on, which is once every 20 years.

Glad to hear this mini drama has been sorted.

• Like 2

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

2 hours ago, Daft old hooker said:

The problem ultimately is Toulouse is a Rugby Union city and RL will always have to play second fiddle.

Third fiddle, Toulouse’s football team get bigger crowds than the union team.  

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Daft old hooker said:

The problem is not so much RU but being a low value tenant. Reflects poorly on TO to be have been taken by surprise by this. It's all a bit London Broncos and, like the Broncos, I assume this means a potential home semi-final for TO won't be at 'home'.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Archie Gordon said:

The problem is not so much RU but being a low value tenant. Reflects poorly on TO to be have been taken by surprise by this. It's all a bit London Broncos and, like the Broncos, I assume this means a potential home semi-final for TO won't be at 'home'.

You assume wrong. Is that what you hope ? 

You just know this is Union flexing their muscles , but it does highlight what many of us have said about Olympic in the past ( not criticising , just the situation they are in ) while they are in a huge city , their profile is very small , personally even in SL the big stadium is too big IMO , much like the Dragons atmosphere is paramount to building a support base , they could do with a 7/8 K facility ( if of course they manage to pip Fev again ? 😉 )

I'd guess this is why primacy of tenancy is one the metrics IMG are measuring.

It's an exceptional circumstance and as the junior club at the stadium, TO were always going to lose out if Kick n Clap flexed their muscles.  The timing does make it all look a bit tin pot, but I'm willing to give TO the benefit of the doubt on when they knew. 

I prefer Blagnac anyway and I'm told Minimes is decent.

16 minutes ago, glossop saint said:

The odd person must have a real anti-france bias if they are preferring to blame Toulouse instead of the evil union lot. That can't happen too often.

Troll mate, troll. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

This just shows why Toulouse should not be in SL.

Presume this is trolling. The fact that Toulouse have options to move to at least two alternative stadia within the city makes part of the case for why they are an asset to the game (including to the Championship).

I like Halifax but they hardly have an iron grip on the Shay.

• Like 3

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

13 hours ago, Eddie said:

Third fiddle, Toulouse’s football team get bigger crowds than the union team.  

Only because their stadium is bigger tbh, anyone that has been to Toulouse knows it is primarily a rugby city

• Like 2

On 30/06/2023 at 11:32, PECETTO said:

The match will be played in an other stadium 

Well, aye.  Goes without saying.....

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

2 hours ago, The Blues Ox said:

This just shows why Toulouse should not be in SL.

Doesn't matter for now anyway. Fev are certs.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1