Whitehaven

9 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

I’ve supported my local semi pro team in various ways over 4 decades.

Ive supported my local community club in various ways over 4 decades.

Its not my fault you have a problem in how I relate to clubs.

It's you Dav who gives out the vibes, I don't know you so I can't be making it up, can I.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Griff said:

John Whaling was offering goods and services to businesses.

As opposed to asking the general public for donations.

There was also 20k to HMRC that was owed. ( But I can't find the link )

The make up of clubs for 2024 doesn't appear certain, to me.

Finishing this campaign seems a doubt - for more than Whitehaven.

• Like 2

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

1 minute ago, Angelic Cynic said:

There was also 20k to HMRC that was owed. 

What about it? HMRC don't care if a lower tier Rugby League team goes bust. It'll have been paid.

Sorry, Cynic, if you're making a point, you're not making it very well.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

2 hours ago, Griff said:

They'll get a kickback, Eddie

I know, but unless you’re aware of this website the place you’d look is the Whitehaven online shop, where you’d expect there to at least be a link to the kit sale site. 

• Like 3

Wow! The rugby league "family" never ceases to astound me.

The comments from rival fans suggest they would rather 'haven ceased to exist rather than check their small change for a fiver.

We all know our donation could end up paying HMRC or similar. That's a chance we have to take.

• Like 10

1 hour ago, JF1 said:

The comments from rival fans suggest they would rather 'haven ceased to exist rather than check their small change for a fiver.

We all know our donation could end up paying HMRC or similar. That's a chance we have to take.

I just want clubs to be run responsibly so that they don't need to tout for "emergency funding". Too much to ask? Many seem to think so. Yet if a club asks a player to be treated by the NHS this is seen almost universally as outrageous.  There's no correlation between these views.

Edited by Griff
  • Like 1

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

59 minutes ago, JF1 said:

I give clubs my money when I go to their grounds to watch a game, why should I chip in a fiver so they can waste it and get nothing in return? 

• Haha 1

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

23 minutes ago, Simon Hall said:

I give clubs my money when I go to their grounds to watch a game, why should I chip in a fiver so they can waste it and get nothing in return? 

Did you come to Whitehaven on the Wednesday night re-arranged game?

Edited by Neutralfan7

12 hours ago, Neutralfan7 said:

Did you come to Whitehaven on the Wednesday night re-arranged game?

No but my Dad did so you've had £20 of my inheritance. 

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

16 hours ago, Griff said:

John Whaling was offering goods and services to businesses.

As opposed to asking the general public for donations.

in that post maybe but we had the begging buckets out and a form of a go fund me page (cant remember exactly what) which I remember as I gave to it! 

glasshouses.

• Like 1

Lack of central funding has played a big part in this, and I’m sure it’s causing issues at other clubs too. Haven’s directors have publicly stated that their central funding has dropped from £160,000 last year to just £40,000 this year. That shortfall of £120,000 is a big hole to fill for a club at this level. 

• Like 6

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

If you want to donate do so, if not no need for point scoring or smart comments. A number of teams are struggling with funding and its not going to change. SL will be whinging in 5 or 6 years due to lack of players coming through the youth system and it will only have its self to blame.

• Like 11

48 minutes ago, tec said:

If you want to donate do so, if not no need for point scoring or smart comments. A number of teams are struggling with funding and its not going to change. SL will be whinging in 5 or 6 years due to lack of players coming through the youth system and it will only have its self to blame.

Didn't realise Whitehaven ran an academy that produced Super League players! Thanks for the info.

58 minutes ago, tec said:

The problem at all levels of rugby league with the central funding is that it has been used to cover unrealistic wages instead of development and infrastructure, hopefully if they can survive this time they and other clubs will realise that they will have to cut their cloth accordingly 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Didn't realise Whitehaven ran an academy that produced Super League players! Thanks for the info.

Tbf it’s not just Whitehaven, while I accept SL clubs are under no obligation to help anyone but themselves, if they do nothing to help the semi pro divisions or community game it won’t help super league in the long run. 

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, Route66 said:

The problem at all levels of rugby league with the central funding is that it has been used to cover unrealistic wages instead of development and infrastructure, hopefully if they can survive this time they and other clubs will realise that they will have to cut their cloth accordingly 

I wouldn't imagine there are too many players in the Championship on unrealistic wages.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Didnt know all SL players came from academies. Let's hope all younger lads playing in the Champ and Div 1 know this and don't bother trying to improve.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Tbf it’s not just Whitehaven, while I accept SL clubs are under no obligation to help anyone but themselves, if they do nothing to help the semi pro divisions or community game it won’t help super league in the long run. 

There's a difference between the community game and the semi pro game. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, tec said:

Didnt know all SL players came from academies. Let's hope all younger lads playing in the Champ and Div 1 know this and don't bother trying to improve.

The vast majority do come from academies, and indeed a lot of those who "come from the championship and League 1" were in SL academies at some point.

2 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

The vast majority do come from academies, and indeed a lot of those who "come from the championship and League 1" were in SL academies at some 

So the  pathway back to SL is via Champ and L1 ? 

4 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Not first choice, and rarely at clubs that are bust.

Thanks for the clarification, so that's a yes then to my previous post and obviously not from clubs that are bust because that would be impossible as they wouldn't exist.