Sun 23rd July : Betfred RL Challenge Cup Semi Final : Hull Kingston Rovers v Wigan Warriors KO 17:00 BBC2

Who will win?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Hull Kingston Rovers
    • Wigan Warriors

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 23/07/23 at 16:30

39 minutes ago, Exiled Wiganer said:

We are lucky to have him, and it will be fascinating to see what he can do with Danson’s millions behind him

Unless Wigan get some dispensation to spend more than any other club, they are capped like everyone else, won't matter how many millions Danson has.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Harry Stottle said:

Unless Wigan get some dispensation to spend more than any other club, they are capped like everyone else, won't matter how many millions Danson has.

Hopefully Danson will find an experienced coach and a useful assistant.

3 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

We only have one marquee player, and there are allowances for vichies. 

• Like 1

Leigh will take a lot to Wembley, the town will empty.

Hull KR will do similar.

Will it ignite the neutrals who have been dwindling?

• Like 7

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

1 minute ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

Anyone else as childish as me and giggle when Noble was talking about "What a semi we have on our hands!"?

Other commentator couldn't keep it together 🤣

Yep men:-) 

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

17 minutes ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

Congratulations Rovers. I actually found myself wanting then to get to the final in the end. Thoroughly deserved.

Great game. But it's Leopards all the way now! It's going to be a colourful affair at Wembley! First time in 36 years there hasn't been one the current Big 4 in it. The gap is closing.

New name on the trophy for first time in over 40 years too.

Catalan Dragons (2018) and Sheffield Eagles (1998) were both new names on the trophy. It will be the first win in 43 or 52 years for whoever wins this year, which I assume is what you meant? Sorry, but my pedant alarm went off.

25 minutes ago, redjonn said:

Yep  but it has helped by having serperate semi stadiums... not least the great atmospheres, plus having games on TV for two days....

Despite the BBC giving both of them little to no prior marketing , on the BBC ? 😡

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Padge said:

Leigh will take a lot to Wembley, the town will empty.

Hull KR will do similar.

Will it ignite the neutrals who have been dwindling?

The last final I went to was Warrington v Huddersfield in 2009, turned off by it mostly being the same 4/5 teams in the 2 major finals every year, I haven't been since. 
However, with 2 new and relatively unfancied teams making it this year, it’s drawn me in and I’ll be booking tickets tomorrow 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, wiganermike said:

Catalan Dragons (2018) and Sheffield Eagles (1998) were both new names on the trophy. It will be the first win in 43 or 52 years for whoever wins this year, which I assume is what you meant? Sorry, but my pedant alarm went off.

Saints in 96,Bradford,Warrington and Hull FC had all gone years without winning it. 

5 minutes ago, bobbruce said:

Saints in 96,Bradford,Warrington and Hull FC had all gone years without winning it. 

Indeed, though none of those teams are in this year's final so aren't really relevant. The 43 years (Hull KR) and 52 years (Leigh) just refers to the time since the last CC win for this year's two finalists. It was to this that I think Wellsy was referring.

1 minute ago, fieldofclothofgold said:

Leigh have got a lovely modern stadium too . 

I know. My mate was the Project Manager. He also did the Cardiff Ice Rink and he's doing Wrexham's new stand now.

• Thanks 2

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police