The 2024 Kit Thread

• 2 weeks later...

13 minutes ago, burnleywelsh said:

Why on earth didn't they just raise the logo to be printed on the white band ???

Bizarre, it shows the issue with only getting a sponsor after the kit has been designed and probably made. Even if there wasn't room to fully move the sponsor up you could move the band down slightly too.

43 minutes ago, Damien said:

Bizarre, it shows the issue with only getting a sponsor after the kit has been designed and probably made. Even if there wasn't room to fully move the sponsor up you could move the band down slightly too.

It makes it look the alignment is off. It's really poor.

Obviously, it works well on the black top.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

On 01/03/2024 at 18:07, gingerjon said:

It makes it look the alignment is off. It's really poor.

Obviously, it works well on the black top.

Thankfully the actual playing kit looks sorted 

• Like 2

On 31/01/2024 at 09:41, tuutaisrambo said:

I remember that.........typical Rugby League.

NewEra was the official headwear supplier but couldn't use any countries' official branding 🙄 

England Below

s-l1600.jpg

I think they'd have sold a lot more of these with the actual England badge on.

Dragging up an old post but I saw the England, Scotland AND Ireland versions the other week, all at the same Bolton game! Amazing how well they sold without the official branding. 

Swinton still haven't released their replica shirts to buy and we haven't had an update of when they are available, bit of a shambles really 

"When you participate in sporting events, it's not whether you win or lose; it's how drunk you get." -Homer Simpson

mark.gif

"I couldn't be more chuffed if I were a badger at the start of the mating season" Ian Holloway

On 03/03/2024 at 17:03, Leyther_Matt said:

Dragging up an old post but I saw the England, Scotland AND Ireland versions the other week, all at the same Bolton game! Amazing how well they sold without the official branding. 

I’m now completely buying in to spotting the New Era RLWC2021 hats wherever possible. England and Wales versions both spotted at Barnsley v Bolton tonight!

On 04/03/2024 at 21:31, Hopping Mad said:

Stylish design for National Conference League newcomers Distington, who will wear this strip for the first time on Saturday (9/3), when they host Division Three rivals Milford.

Very nice, and O’Neills too 👏 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eddie said:

Very nice, and O’Neills too 👏 

I'd say very nice despite it being O'Neills (or oneills as they seem to brand the kit now). Has often seemed a very amateur brand. Not knocking the quality, but it doesn't sound like a sports maker, more like a pub. They used to have the Irish font writing that made me think of Gaelic Football, nothing against it as a sport, but very minority participation, certainly here in England, and no real professional sports presence even in Ireland. It was a brand for uni kit and maybe tag rugby so just doesn't seem vaguely pro or high end. Good luck to them though. Rather see / be seen in that kit than most of the SL ones.

• Confused 4

13 hours ago, N2022 said:

I'd say very nice despite it being O'Neills (or oneills as they seem to brand the kit now). Has often seemed a very amateur brand. Not knocking the quality, but it doesn't sound like a sports maker, more like a pub. They used to have the Irish font writing that made me think of Gaelic Football, nothing against it as a sport, but very minority participation, certainly here in England, and no real professional sports presence even in Ireland. It was a brand for uni kit and maybe tag rugby so just doesn't seem vaguely pro or high end. Good luck to them though. Rather see / be seen in that kit than most of the SL ones.

I think their stuff is good quality, they make my lad’s team’s football kit as well and that is really good quality and design. It’s certainly better than Oxen. 

7 hours ago, Eddie said:

I think their stuff is good quality, they make my lad’s team’s football kit as well and that is really good quality and design. It’s certainly better than Oxen. 

As I say, no gripes with quality, more just an image thing from my perspective, and every success to them if they are making decent kit.

23 hours ago, N2022 said:

I bet you walk into O'Neills chain pubs and say, "it's giving me real kitwear manufacturer vibes". Sit down and drink your Guinness with the clover on the top and stop being obtuse. 

I was born to run a club like this. Number 1, I do not spook easily, and those who think I do, are wasting their time, with their surprise attacks.

On 06/03/2024 at 22:05, N2022 said:

And yet watching the NRL this morning penrith and Melbourne both have them...

• Like 1

This is a really strange take. So the name and font used are what you take issue with? Have I read that right? I think O'Neills are positioning themselves perfectly to fill the whole left by ISC, in both SL and NRL. They're certainly my preferred kit manufacturer than say........Ox*n! 

Edited by hunsletgreenandgold

It's an Irish family name, of course it's going to sound like a pub!🤣

There's still an apostrophe there in the logo. They've just updated the logo and dropped the Uppercase 'O'.

There's not a lot of pro sport in Ireland (and only 4 top-level RU teams now)

They do the majority of the county GAA kits, if not all of them - and as a famed amateur sport that is engrained in Irish culture, I'm not sure what more they could be doing there as an Irish company first and foremost. That they do any Aussie NRL jerseys or AFL guernseys is pretty good i'd say.

• 1 month later...