leigh the noisy neighbours

6 minutes ago, superten said:

Are Leigh becoming the Man city of rugby league . Wigan are the Man utd ,while Saints are the Liverpool but are both going to have to make way for Leigh.  

Let's hope so 😂

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, superten said:

Are Leigh becoming the Man city of rugby league . Wigan are the Man utd ,while Saints are the Liverpool but are both going to have to make way for Leigh.  

Lewis Jones in his book called Leeds The Arsenal of Rugby league.  Well that was in 1958 🥴

Soon we will be dancing the fandango
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

No, but Warrington are definitely the Tottenham Hotspur of RL, both win an occasional cup and f*** all else.

Edited by HawkMan

The noisier the neighbours, the better for the game. Even if a large part of the noise is Leigh fans yelling "for the last ####ing time, that shirt image is NOT a ####ing jaguar!" :kolobok_wink:

• Haha 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

When I started watching the game, I saw Leigh win the league long before I saw Wigan do so, so this is just a reversion to the normal state of affairs. 

That said, a salary capped era is the perfect time for a club like Leigh to shine. 

1 minute ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

That would make sense.

Remeber watching the Hull derby at Magic Weekend in 2015 and just wishing this was Gateshead FC v South Shields Rovers playing the yearly derby game at St.James Park and it alternate at Roker the next year.

I'm a dreamer.

2 hours ago, Eddie said:

If (and I know it’s a big if) Leigh can challenge the dominance of the big three over a period of years it can only be good for the game.  Maybe they’d be allowed an academy as well. 

We have an academy 2025. Our U16’s played their first game last week and if we can tempt a few of our academy internationals back for 2025 we will go well.

Comparisons with wealthy overseas ownership may well not be too far off- watch this space

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Henson Park Old Firm said:

Leigh are Leicester City, 1 cup wonders

Leigh are going to be a force now for a few years all the while Dexy is there and i can't see him giving up his baby for a long time if ever and the same with the Robins now they have money men involved with the club, and Wigan will continue to be a force perhaps even stronger with their new owner

I think the key to enjoying times like this is to not overthink them.

20 years ago you would have been sent to a shrink if you'd have suggested Bradford were the lower league strugglers and Leigh and Hull KR were scrapping it out at Wembley. 

Things can - and do - change. Enjoy it while you can. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, EggFace said:

Remeber watching the Hull derby at Magic Weekend in 2015 and just wishing this was Gateshead FC v South Shields Rovers playing the yearly derby game at St.James Park and it alternate at Roker the next year.

I'm a dreamer.

You mean Hull Sharks?