Best Clubhouses in the NCL…

There are some pretty good ones. I like to see displays of memorabilia - framed shirts, caps etc.

Seaton Rangers have some excellent historical stuff. Lots to view at Hensingham, Kells and West Hull.

The Stanningley clubhouse is huge. They must make some money hiring it out for functions.

Some very tidy smaller clubhouses: Barrow Island and Heworth spring to mind.

Not been to Saddleworth Rangers since they revamped their clubhouse. From photos, it looks impressive.

Edited by Hopping Mad
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, chisholm said:

Always enjoyed Millom and had some great craic at Dewsbury Moor. 

Finding that the beer prices in a lot of clubs are getting quite expensive recently.

The costs of running bars has got quite expensive recently. 

Most of the established West Cumbrian teams have good club houses that they've improved over the years. In the NCL Egremont, Wath Brow, Kells and Millom all have clubs with bars and separate function rooms, its a while since I've been in Hensigham so can't remember if they have 2 rooms. Was at Seaton earlier in the year and they've always had a good club but they've improved it further. Not sure about Ellenborough as last time I went there I was still playing, think they have a new place. In the Cumberland league, Maryport, Glasson, Cockermouth, Disington and Lowca all have clubs.

100% League 0% Union

Just because I don't know doesn't mean I don't understand

8 minutes ago, Cumbrian Fanatic said:

Most of the established West Cumbrian teams have good club houses that they've improved over the years. In the NCL Egremont, Wath Brow, Kells and Millom all have clubs with bars and separate function rooms, its a while since I've been in Hensigham so can't remember if they have 2 rooms. Was at Seaton earlier in the year and they've always had a good club but they've improved it further. Not sure about Ellenborough as last time I went there I was still playing, think they have a new place. In the Cumberland league, Maryport, Glasson, Cockermouth, Disington and Lowca all have clubs.

Hensingham do have 2 rooms, Ellenborough use a social club

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Hopping Mad said:

There are some pretty good ones. I like to see displays of memorabilia - framed shirts, caps etc.

Seaton Rangers have some excellent historical stuff. Lots to view at Hensingham, Kells and West Hull.

The Stanningley clubhouse is huge. They must make some money hiring it out for functions.

Some very tidy smaller clubhouses: Barrow Island and Heworth spring to mind.

Not been to Saddleworth Rangers since they revamped their clubhouse. From photos, it looks impressive.

Saddleworth rangers clubhouse wasn't just revamped. It was dropped and a brand new one built. Lovely clubhouse,you need to try coming and seeing for yourself. 

• Like 1

Going slightly off topic as they were in the London Amateur League as opposed to the NCL, but the Metropolitan Police had a team in the league for a few years, coached by Sean McGuire. Their sports ground at Bushey, Herts was magnificent. I vaguely recall that you had to sign in as a temporary member after the game. The bar was a thing of beauty and the post match meal was an extravagant carvery roast dinner.

• Like 1

Cant be many clubs in the NCL with as good a set up as West Bowling have now.  

The ground share with Bradford Park Avenue has been a game changer for the club. 

Coming to the NCL Permier in 2024!

And the small matter of 4 juniors running out at Wembley for the Robins next month. 

Do any on ther NCL clubs share facilities with amature football teams? 

Edited by Ragingbull
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, roughyed8 said:

Oldham St Annes clubhouse is superb, massive main room that is in big demand for functions and players lounge with the walls adornex with signed shirts and photos.

Think it got burnt down a few years ago, so it was completely rebuilt 

100% League 0% Union

Just because I don't know doesn't mean I don't understand

The truth is that most NCL and Premier regional clubs have great social facilities that reflect  their ethos - what they are and strive to be - central to their communities and proud of their successes. They all have a different feel but the overwhelming atmosphere is one of welcome. Get down to at least one if not more !

The NCL and  its Chair have from the beginning insisted  upon off the park stuff being as important as  the first team efforts. And the RFL authorities clearly recognise that....... 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, del capo said:

The NCL and  its Chair have from the beginning insisted  upon off the park stuff being as important as  the first team efforts. And the RFL authorities clearly recognise that....... 

and... criteria/structure/P&R has been broadly the same since it started

On 24/07/2023 at 22:48, Ragingbull said:

Do any on ther NCL clubs share facilities with amature football teams? 

Hunslet FC (West Yorkshire League) play on a pitch next to the two used by Hunslet ARLFC (whose two-tier clubhouse ticks all the boxes). Pretty sure the footballers have a separate clubhouse (Hunslet Club), on the opposite side of the site.

The Rochdale Mayfield ground is the former ground of Castleton Gabriels/Rochdale Town FC. Do Mayfield own it now?

On the subject of sharing: the pitches of Egremont Rangers and Egremont CC (Cumbria League) are adjacent (but don't overlap). The Oulton CC (Pontefract & District League) pitch is next to the four (?) available to Oulton Raiders.

• Like 1