Sat 5th-Sun 6th Aug: The Betfred Championship Match Thread

BBC radio York for our commentary this evening. Not as hysterically partisan as normal,  but still hysterically funny all the same. Trying to explain Yorksheeeer to my french mates is difficult.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Spidey said:

Coach sticking with more or less the same team as past few weeks. Craven & Owens named on squad but not picked. We seem to be doing better without them in the side (and everybody else playing in the right position)

Went on with it in the second half, nice to drive back with a smile on my face.

• Like 1

Just because you think everyone hates you doesn't mean they don't.

Cracking game at York today , both sides threw everything at it in poor conditions , the old story a good big un beats a good little un but as most said it was no disgrace to lose to the French side today , oh and a shout out to Ben Thaler and his officials a very good clear performance 

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, georgeb1 said:

Cracking game at York today , both sides threw everything at it in poor conditions , the old story a good big un beats a good little un but as most said it was no disgrace to lose to the French side today , oh and a shout out to Ben Thaler and his officials a very good clear performance 

He wasn't bad a Fev v Batley last week really.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, georgeb1 said:

Know Ben very well and I still consider him to be verbally one of the very best. Physically up and down unfortunately which I feel is now holding him back from getting the top gigs. Internal politics also holding him back. The best best in my opinion but comes from Yorkshire and not Lancashire. Those in the know will know what I mean.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, SUPERSTUD said:

Know Ben very well and I still consider him to be verbally one of the very best. Physically up and down unfortunately which I feel is now holding him back from getting the top gigs. Internal politics also holding him back. The best best in my opinion but comes from Yorkshire and not Lancashire. Those in the know will know what I mean.

I'll always remember his comment to a player some years ago (I think it was at Huddersfield) - 'you got him round the neck - it's the thing that joins your chest to your head'.

Edited by Chronicler of Chiswick
Spelling
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, OriginalMrC said:

Cougars dead and buried after that. I'm sure the owners will find someone to blame when they go down but they are 100% responsible 

The ways of club owners are even more obscure than quantum theory. All Keighley needed was to keep most of the promotion winning squad and just add a couple of big forwards to give the pack a bit of extra heft.

• Like 3