Sun 6th Aug: SL: Salford Red Devils v St Helens KO 15:00

Who will win?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Salford Red Devils
    • St Helens

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/08/23 at 14:30

5 minutes ago, johnh1 said:

Should have been a Saints drop out under the sticks. But Saints get a 20 metre restart.  Saints score and take the lead. Same old same old.

Yeah you're right, it's all part of the RFL's master plan to get Saints to win a fifth grand final in a row because it's great for business to have the same team winning every year.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DG70 said:

7 defeats on the spin for Salford and of course it's the referees fault for every one of them....

Obsessed.

I didn't watch this as the kids come first and it wasn't raining where were. The motorway was clear and we listened to BBC radio 1.

So far my phone texted they lost so tell me how predictable this was?

Was it Salford great for first 25 mins, then Saints come back, then dodgy ref decision and then Saints seal it?

Paid the mortgage in full, been away,

off tomorrow so getting a curry. Read about this tomorrow.

12 minutes ago, JonNgog said:

Embarrassing comments from Rowley post-match, toys well and truly out of the pram. Salford are becoming a rather unlikable club lately.

Rowley is the end of a bell, really full of his own self importance.

Edited by dkw
  • Like 1

Not seen the match but whilst our performances and results haven't been as strong this year as previous years, our effort and determination is.

I did wonder whether our team would have the same drive having won it all. They clearly do and that's credit to the players and Wellens.

We have a good run of fixtures coming up and a chance to build form ahead of the play offs.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, FearTheVee said:

What specifically were the decisions he is so lairy about about is it just general whinging?

Not a good look, I agree. Sounds  like he's learning from Master Wellens. Let one get away with it, and it spreads. A little self discipline from all coaches wouldnt be amiss.

2 hours ago, johnh1 said:

Should have been a Saints drop out under the sticks. But Saints get a 20 metre restart.  Saints score and take the lead. Same old same old.

I haven't seen it, maybe it should have been a drop out. But Saints still had to go 80 metres to score. Blame the refs if you like but I imagine it wasn't a great defensive set.

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, Ragingbull said:

Good to see Rowley calling out Jack Smith. About time a coach had the balls to say things as they are.   

All that is likely to achieve is a disciplinary charge. Much better to seek a meeting with the officials to discuss any issues, plus maybe a rules awareness course.

3 hours ago, DG70 said:

7 defeats on the spin for Salford and of course it's the referees fault for every one of them....

Did you go to to the game DG70? I did and the referee and touch judges were very poor, there was no consistency throughout the game, many  decisions left  the players and fans bewildered and the touch judge running the line in front of the West Stand in the second half clearly needs an eyesight test as he missed Ritsons foot go into touch and on Ritsons say so decided that he didn't see it and Saints got the scrum feed and the same touch judge and the in goal official missed a Saints player handling the ball into the dead ball area, Saints got a 20 metre tap instead of a drop out from their line.

The referee's interpretation of the offside rule  was very inconsistent and its a good job he isnt  a carpet fitter as from where we were sat the 10m was at  times 15m and he was waving play on.

Roby, Welsby ,Percival were continually waving their arms at the referee over a multitude of things, without the referee taking any action to stop it although  he would the wave the Salford players away when they queried things ,very inconsistent. 

Having followed the game for 77 years, in my opinion this is possibly least professional group of officials that I have seen officiating and I wonder just who trains the  officials  as the inconsistency that we all see each week is alarming

And before anybody comes in and says that the game cant run without them, well if there were no fans coming through the turnstiles there wouldn't be a game either.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

55 minutes ago, JohnM said:

All that is likely to achieve is a disciplinary charge. Much better to seek a meeting with the officials to discuss any issues, plus maybe a rules awareness course.

Yes. He will probably be in trouble. But I agree absolutely with what he said. And I applaud him for saying what he said.  Paul Wellens, on the other hand didn’t get into any trouble for his outburst. I wonder why?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Segovia Carpet said:

Ok DG.  Just watch the highlights and just tell me how Saints first try was given.

Guessing it was deemed that Knowles played a pass, which then hit the Salford player. Only seen highlights from my phone so difficult to say from the single angle. 

Another question should be why did Brierley start applauding the mistake before the whistle went? Always annoys me when players don’t play to the whistle. He probably could’ve dropped on the ball and regained possession otherwise. 

• Like 1

I mean I've heard coaches calling out referees on mistakes or questioning their performance but Rowley has called Jack Smith a disgrace here and not just in this match but his general performance. The RFL are going to have to come down hard on this. Whatever you think about a referees performance thus us utterly unacceptable. If we're going to allow this type of behaviour, why don't we let Jack Smith get in front of the camera and tell us what he thinks of Rowley as a coach.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, idrewthehaggis said:

Obsessed.

I didn't watch this as the kids come first and it wasn't raining where were. The motorway was clear and we listened to BBC radio 1.

So far my phone texted they lost so tell me how predictable this was?

Was it Salford great for first 25 mins, then Saints come back, then dodgy ref decision and then Saints seal it?

Paid the mortgage in full, been away,

off tomorrow so getting a curry. Read about this tomorrow.

Radio 1, I’ll pray for you haggis. 

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, johnh1 said:

Yes. He will probably be in trouble. But I agree absolutely with what he said. And I applaud him for saying what he said.  Paul Wellens, on the other hand didn’t get into any trouble for his outburst. I wonder why?

I wasn't at the game, I didn't listen to the commentary, so I am not commenting on the performance of the officials, the players, or the fans. 

I do, though think that is shows a complete lack of quality, sense, capability and professionalism to go public with intemperate and critical comments about the match officials and their decisions, no matter what team, no matter what sport. It achieves nothing.

• Like 3