Sun 6th Aug: SL: Salford Red Devils v St Helens KO 15:00

Who will win?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Salford Red Devils
    • St Helens

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/08/23 at 14:30

Wellens is on Saints website saying Percy will play at the weekend so unless he's done something today I can't see the 12 weeks out being right.

Sironen might play, too soon for Batch. Probably:

Welsby, Tommy, Hoposate, Percival, Ritson, Lomax, Dodd, Lees, Roby, Delaney, Bell, Sironen, Knowles

Bench: Mbye, Royle, Norman, Davies.

To be fair, that's a remarkably strong side to put out given we have eight regular first teamers out in Hurrell, Walmsley, Paasi, Bennison, Wingfield, LMS, Batchelor and Matautia.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FearTheVee said:

Wellens is on Saints website saying Percy will play at the weekend so unless he's done something today I can't see the 12 weeks out being right.

Sironen might play, too soon for Batch. Probably:

Welsby, Tommy, Hoposate, Percival, Ritson, Lomax, Dodd, Lees, Roby, Delaney, Bell, Sironen, Knowles

Bench: Mbye, Royle, Norman, Davies.

To be fair, that's a remarkably strong side to put out given we have eight regular first teamers out in Hurrell, Walmsley, Paasi, Bennison, Wingfield, LMS, Batchelor and Matautia.

I think it’s to do with the concussion against Hull after scans a couple of  Doctors told him he should sit out the rest of the season. Think he’s been getting second opinions to find someone who’ll tell him he’s ok to play. He’s obviously found one. 

18 hours ago, Waynebennettswinger said:

Hurrell out for 4 weeks and a rumour about Percival out for 12. I don’t back against my own team but Salford’s back line is great at times so this could be interesting. 

Where did you get the "Percival out for 12 weeks" from ?

After a player has completed the mandatory 11 day lay off after failing a HIA they then have to pass a mandatory doctors assessment. Percy was in the squad last week but the doctors failed him saying he needed more time. He was re-tested this week and passed their assessment so they've cleared him to play.

I think this game is going to be a lot closer than many think. Salford have a fair few key players returning and even if Sironen plays then Saints are still pretty light in the forwards. I doubt there will be anything more than 1 score in it either way.

Edited by Saint Toppy

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

17 minutes ago, Saint Toppy said:

Where did you get the "Percival out for 12 weeks" from ?

After a player has completed the mandatory 11 day lay off after failing a HIA they then have to pass a mandatory doctors assessment. Percy was in the squad last week but the doctors failed him saying he needed more time. He was re-tested this week and passed their assessment so they've cleared him to play.

I think this game is going to be a lot closer than many think. Salford have a fair few key players returning and even if Sironen plays then Saints are still pretty light in the forwards. I doubt there will be anything more than 1 score in it either way.

I did say it was a rumour, unsure where it came from and happy that it’s not true. I didn’t hear or say it was to do with the head injury, Percival has had a number of injuries over the years and I’d be pleased to see him have a long run without injury as he is key to what Saints do so well.

Paradoxically I think that the injuries in our pack caused us to play a more expansive game which, when we've played that way this season, we've tended to play better. I don't think we have any where near the pack we think we do. I'll stick my neck out and say that if we play the same way, Saints by 12.