Super League Grand Final 3000 ticket give away

9 minutes ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

Just seen the ad on Sky this morning.

Our flagship event 2 months away and already freebies available.

The clubs must be ecstatic at this brilliant piece of marketing :((

They pay the money .....

4 minutes ago, sam4731 said:

I sense a Grand Final match report (but in 977 years time)

I start us off. 

"This is Dave Woods' computer generated thoughts reporting from the New New New New New New Wembley Stadium on Pluto where Mars Sheep (if you get it you get it) are taking on Leigh Station Masters who are aiming for their 217th consecutive Super League title!" 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

I start us off. 

"This is Dave Woods' computer generated thoughts reporting from the New New New New New New Wembley Stadium on Pluto where Mars Sheep (if you get it you get it) are taking on Leigh Station Masters who are aiming for their 217th consecutive Super League title!" 

Everyone is gearing up for a 6 team world cup in Australia organised by the NRL including QLD, NSW, Combined Affiliated States, New Zealand, Pasifika and England (NRL based players only).

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

Just seen the ad on Sky this morning.

Our flagship event 2 months away and already freebies available.

The clubs must be ecstatic at this brilliant piece of marketing :((

Do you want to enlighten us as to the offer rather than just go straight to moan mode?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, sam4731 said:

Everyone is gearing up for a 6 team world cup in Australia organised by the NRL including QLD, NSW, Combined Affiliated States, New Zealand, Pasifika and England (NRL based players only).

We joke but that is the way its going, even with teams based outside of Earth, the NRL still aren't gonna allow any meaningful expansion. 

1 hour ago, Tommygilf said:

What exactly is the offer?

30 minutes ago, daz39 said:

Do you want to enlighten us as to the offer rather than just go straight to moan mode?

This is kind of important ...

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

2 minutes ago, RigbyLuger said:

A sponsor/partner offering free tickets? It happens in every sport. SkyVIP give away tickets to Super League games every week, and Premier League, EFL, Test Cricket, Golf...

As long as the Sponsors have paid for the privilege or it comes as part of the sponsorship who cares?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

We joke but that is the way its going, even with teams based outside of Earth, the NRL still aren't gonna allow any meaningful expansion. 

The M(ars)62 corridor still going strong.

Winners to play the Intergalactic champions, those pesky Daleks still unbeatable.

Edited by HawkMan

4 hours ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

I start us off. 

Surely 3000AD is Warrington's year?

• Haha 5

3 hours ago, Damien said:

I'm sure other sports get applauded for this kind of thing.

I don't think this is new, there are lots of giveaways, ballots for different sports tickets, if you are a Sky VIP, you just enter via My Sky. I had 2 free tickets for the Grand Final at OT last year in the Stretford End. I guess they are choosing to advertise it more this year.

5 hours ago, RigbyLuger said:

A sponsor/partner offering free tickets? It happens in every sport. SkyVIP give away tickets to Super League games every week, and Premier League, EFL, Test Cricket, Golf...

Yeah, a visitor attraction I worked at until recently had a partnership with Sky and they had loads of Sky VIP free ticket holders coming in. Part of some kind of promotion they run.