Fri 22nd Sept: SL: Leigh Leopards v Wigan Warriors KO 20:00 (Sky)

Who will win?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leigh Leopards
    • Wigan Warriors

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 22/09/23 at 19:30

Leigh were very unlucky there, video ref messed up. Their fans can be very proud of their players. I wouldn't count them out from getting a run going in the playoffs. Think on balance though Wigan were the better side. Their defence is phenomenal. 

Really hard to call between any of the top 3 who can win the GF 

• Like 2

I like Matty Peer always speaks well but to call both disallowed tries the same is absolutely wrong, one is on the outside shoulder and stops the player moving accroas and one is on the inside shoulder and has no impact whatsoever. First time I've been disappointed with his comments, hope he's not on the slippery slope 🥸

• Haha 2

Just now, hullste said:

I like Matty Peer always speaks well but to call both disallowed tries the same is absolutely wrong, one is on the outside shoulder and stops the player moving accroas and one is on the inside shoulder and has no impact whatsoever. First time I've been disappointed with his comments, hope he's not on the slippery slope 🥸

To be fair, he's not gonna say much different. I do like Jenna, but she gets a bit silly at times and her follow up question to the LLS winning coach was pretty rubbish. He handled it well. 

• Like 1

I agree with most in that I didn't think it was an obstruction for the Leigh try. I'm not so sure about the Wigan one. What I would say is let's not forget that it was a 27 game season. It's easy to focus on an incident in the final match and say that's cost XYZ, but you could probably find numerous decisions in the previous 26 games that could have affected the result too.

Anyone who keeps an eye on football will know how many fans slaughter the refs and VAR every week, so I honestly don't think you need worry about casual fans (many of whom will probably also be football fans) seeing some bad decisions.

1 minute ago, Nate90 said:

So proud of the lads tonight and this season. It's such a challenge to  finish top at the business end  of the season and it's such an underrated achievement.

Regardless of who wins the GF Leigh are definitely team of the season. To be a promoted side and do what they've done this season is a tremendous achievement 

• Like 9

Just now, Dave T said:

To be fair, he's not gonna say much different. I do like Jenna, but she gets a bit silly at times and her follow up question to the LLS winning coach was pretty rubbish. He handled it well. 

I think in the past he has and has been totally honest in his summing up unlike most coaches. First time tonight I thought he has been more like most other coaches with the blinkers on

1 minute ago, OriginalMrC said:

Regardless of who wins the GF Leigh are definitely team of the season. To be a promoted side and do what they've done this season is a tremendous achievement 

Yes I agree. History shows that what Leigh have done in the league this season, in not just staying up but also finishing in the play offs, is pretty special. Top that off with a Challenge Cup final win and its arguably the achievement of the SL era.

• Like 4

What did I miss?

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

1 hour ago, graveyard johnny said:

the bbc website could be running an as it stands live ladder as the scores update - bit are they? nah, are they hell 

BBC Radio Five Live Sports Extre carried live commentary of the Leigh v Wigan game, with constant excited  mentions of the other games and the scores.  

The usual complaints about the officials' decisions from the forum's barrack-room refs, I see.  Sure, in the heat of the moment, and in the after-match trudge to the pub,  lots of decisions get criticised. However, by the time it gets to posting on here, I think most of us have reflected and reviewed any controversial decidions.

Most, but clearly, not all. 

• Confused 1

50 minutes ago, Odsal Outlaw said:

I think the current VR system is fine, just the VR made a bad call. But, what a game. Best I’ve seen for a while. Let’s focus on that! Looking forward to the play-offs now.

Best game since 2 weeks ago Saints v Leigh, that shouldn't be correct though, the main chant on these pages prior to the season was 'What do Leigh bring to SL' well to all those who kept spouting it QUITE A BLOODY LOT it seems.

• Like 3