Potential new League 1 club

Usually 'potential' means someone declaring they'd like to join league 1. There's been loads of examples in recent years Valencia, Dublin, Red Star Belgrade, Worcester, Bristol and many others. None of them were serious and none of them had the finances to do it. 

I could set up a RL club online and declare my interest in joining league 1. Bet I'd get loads of bites on social media and from RL journos 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, OriginalMrC said:

Usually 'potential' means someone declaring they'd like to join league 1. There's been loads of examples in recent years Valencia, Dublin, Red Star Belgrade, Worcester, Bristol and many others. None of them were serious and none of them had the finances to do it. 

I could set up a RL club online and declare my interest in joining league 1. Bet I'd get loads of bites on social media and from RL journos 

You could probably sell a few shirts too.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

9 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

You could probably sell a few shirts too.

Are you still bitter that Dunkerque Pterodactyls shirt you bought off Mascord wasn't from a real club?

• Haha 3

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

1 hour ago, del capo said:

Have Skolars retained their RL membership rights ?

If so are they transferable - Hemel ultimately to Cornwall style ?

That podcast is very much Midlands based.

If it's anything like West Wales, they won't immediately lose their membership of the RFL, but any attempt to sell their membership or relocate the club would have to be approved by the RFL board. Unlike what some think, we don't have licences that can be freely traded, clubs are simply members of the RFL, and various rights and obligations flow from that.   

If there is a viable new team, it's easy enough for the RFL to grant a new membership, while keeping the Skolars as members in the hope they may come back.   

57 minutes ago, Rapscallion said:

I think we can put this down in the same category as Dublin, New York and Red Star. 

Why? You don’t have any idea who it is, if anyone? Or are you saying you don’t think any club will every join league one again? If that’s the case we might as well all give up. 

• Like 1

Just now, Eddie said:

Why? You don’t have any idea who it is, if anyone? Or are you saying you don’t think any club will every join league one again? If that’s the case we might as well all give up. 

The origin of the story appears to be a small rugby league podcast and as yet, there are no reputable sources of rugby league journalism reporting on such a matter. As has also been mentioned, we had expressions of interest from many clubs to join League One, though many have been nothing more than that. Added on to IMG not wanting extra clubs (though this could be deemed a replacement, not in addition), it’s hard to see it as a genuine attempt to join the league. 

47 minutes ago, Rapscallion said:

The origin of the story appears to be a small rugby league podcast and as yet, there are no reputable sources of rugby league journalism reporting on such a matter. As has also been mentioned, we had expressions of interest from many clubs to join League One, though many have been nothing more than that. Added on to IMG not wanting extra clubs (though this could be deemed a replacement, not in addition), it’s hard to see it as a genuine attempt to join the league. 

It’s often worth waiting to find out instead of dismissing things when you have no info. It may come to nothing, but who knows. 

53 minutes ago, Eddie said:

It’s often worth waiting to find out instead of dismissing things when you have no info. It may come to nothing, but who knows. 

We’ve had plenty of expressions of interest that have made the rugby league journalists and press that have been baseless, so I suppose the cynicism from that makes me think this is the same. 

49 minutes ago, Rapscallion said:

We’ve had plenty of expressions of interest that have made the rugby league journalists and press that have been baseless, so I suppose the cynicism from that makes me think this is the same. 

I don’t think there’s been an expression of interest tbf, we’ll see anyway, I hope there is something behind it personally. 

• Like 1