Sun 15th Oct: Championship Grand Final: Toulouse Olympique v London Broncos KO 14:30 (Viaplay)

Who will win?  

102 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Toulouse Olympique by 13 points ore more
    • Toulouse Olympique by 7 to 12 points
    • Toulouse Olympique by 1 to 6 points
    • London Broncos by 1 to 6 points
    • London Broncos by 7 to 12 points
    • London Broncos by 13 points ore more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 15/10/23 at 14:00

17 hours ago, Rovers13 said:

I don’t think no away fans is from a financial point of view more of an atmosphere view tbh. I don’t like a quite ground with no atmosphere myself tbh. 

Agree completely , we see football crowds with fullish stadium's ( home fans ) and wonder why we struggle , and then we see posts citing how we need to create an ' event ' feel , well here's a bit of advice , the best way to create the feeling of an event is a good atmosphere, a good following of away fans ( who always sing and chant louder away than at home ) is better than anything else like bands and fireworks to create the feeling of the game being important and an event 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Rovers13 said:

I know that’s tongue in cheek lol, but getting toulouse and London out of championship is a good thing for the game as a whole, champ clubs need cash as they don’t sky money, and it also helps expand the game win win for me. 

The promoted clubs bringing maybe a 100 max more fans than London or Toulouse to Championship grounds is hardly going to fill the coffers, but I get your point.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Agree completely , we see football crowds with fullish stadium's ( home fans ) and wonder why we struggle , and then we see posts citing how we need to create an ' event ' feel , well here's a bit of advice , the best way to create the feeling of an event is a good atmosphere, a good following of away fans ( who always sing and chant louder away than at home ) is better than anything else like bands and fireworks to create the feeling of the game being important and an event 

By the same token I have watched packed football stadia, in fact sports stadia and its been like a library. If the offering on the field is tedious, that doesnt inspire the fans

9 minutes ago, Magic XIII said:

By the same token I have watched packed football stadia, in fact sports stadia and its been like a library. If the offering on the field is tedious, that doesnt inspire the fans

If you know a way of guaranteeing close competitive games all the time , feel free to post it on here ? 😉

1 hour ago, Magic XIII said:

The promoted clubs bringing maybe a 100 max more fans than London or Toulouse to Championship grounds is hardly going to fill the coffers, but I get your point.

I think Fev and Bulls would have taken far more then 100 max to away games in SL.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Fevrover said:

I think Fev and Bulls would have taken far more then 100 max to away games in SL.

I agree. I am referencing the Championship as the point was made its great getting rid of London and Toulouse from Championship as they bring few fans and the only differecne can be the promoted clubs Doncaster and Dewsbury, no doubt more but that significant ? And as I am writing this Newcastle Thunder fold. Not good.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Magic XIII said:

I agree. I am referencing the Championship as the point was made its great getting rid of London and Toulouse from Championship as they bring few fans and the only differecne can be the promoted clubs Doncaster and Dewsbury, no doubt more but that significant ? And as I am writing this Newcastle Thunder fold. Not good.

Ha ok sorry if you took that from post it wasn’t meant like that tbh, I meant better for Toulouse London to grow and wakey will put money into champ clubs. 

2 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

If you know a way of guaranteeing close competitive games all the time , feel free to post it on here ? 😉

That’s be why you need to have the event work going on as well.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

3 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

I agree Paul , but do see some irony in discussions about growing home fans and London 😉

oh, i don't know. it's not that long since good crowds were attracted to Charlton and Brentford .

the difference between our heartlands and London is that up here we accept mediocrity but in London they want to see excellence so it's up to London broncos to provided that excellence that in what is a very good new stadium which would soon draw in the crowds.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gingerjon said:

That’s be why you need to have the event work going on as well.

You're wandering away from my point with this , do football teams make them events ? , in the way it's suggested we emulate Cricket and the like ? , at the LSV the stage erected has been removed to accommodate the Man Utd ladies , I'd have left it up and had bands singing during the match 😉

17 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

do football teams make them events ?

Some do.

And I've given examples locally.

The Arsenal supporting son has his first ticket for a match at the Emirates so if there's anything to report back on if it's "just come and watch the match and then go" or a bit more than that then I'll let you know.

• Like 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

4 hours ago, Magic XIII said:

Not in the least surprised with Football, it is the best cure for insomnia known to man.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

https://www.to13.com/a-la-une/to-xiii-v-london-broncos-finale-de-championship-2023-le-groupe/

Decent squad, I’m guessing the first 11 names plus Armitage and Laguerre to start with Pelissier, Bretherton’ Richards and Akauola to make up 17. Unlucky for Brochon who has been excellent all season’, Santo too.

Edited by oiseau
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, oiseau said:

https://www.to13.com/a-la-une/to-xiii-v-london-broncos-finale-de-championship-2023-le-groupe/

Decent squad, I’m guessing the first 11 names plus Armitage and Laguerre to start with Pelissier, Bretherton’ Richards and Akauola to make up 17. Unlucky for Brochon who has been excellent all season’, Santo too.

I'd be surprised if Santo was left out 

4 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Not in the least surprised with Football, it is the best cure for insomnia known to man.

Pot, kettle, black Harry.

• Confused 2

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

9 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

You're wandering away from my point with this , do football teams make them events ? , in the way it's suggested we emulate Cricket and the like ? , at the LSV the stage erected has been removed to accommodate the Man Utd ladies , I'd have left it up and had bands singing during the match 😉

Are Man U ladies getting 9k attendances that needs the stage removed 

15 minutes ago, ColD said:

Are Man U ladies getting 9k attendances that needs the stage removed 

8,312 announced against Arsenal last week (doesn’t tell the full story, but not in the way you’d think….and polar opposites to similar RL stories!)

11 hours ago, Leyther_Matt said:

8,312 announced against Arsenal last week (doesn’t tell the full story, but not in the way you’d think….and polar opposites to similar RL stories!)

Are they still not allowed to use the terrace for the football matches?

14 minutes ago, JonNgog said:

Are they still not allowed to use the terrace for the football matches?

They have always been allowed to use the North Stand terracing, just the crowds hadn’t justified it until last season (WSL isn’t subject to the same legislation as Premier League & Championship that restricts terracing to safe-standing only) 

On 13/10/2023 at 13:50, oiseau said:

That’s sport - players who have worked hard for the team and got them to this point miss out and sometimes it’s just about the experience the players have that determine it! Oli Leyland missed out to Henry Raiwilui in the semi final  as there is a 12 year age difference and Henry has played in a number of big stakes games back in Oz and for Fiji. He was mom at summer bash and scored length of pitch try in July but may well miss out again if Eccles/Lovegrove stick with same team. The teams will celebrate together and commiserate together too.
I think the best outcome, having heard the Newcastle news, would be for the game to be played and then the decision to put both up to SL creating a 14 team league and then a 20 team tier one with some kind of in year comp or put Fev and Bradford up too creating 16 teams and then 18 team tier one! What cannot be allowed to happen is to leave league one in the state it is now and do nothing as everyone involved in the sport needs to give a bit to keep it alive

Edited by watcherofRL
  • Like 4