Sat 14th Oct: Super League Grand Final: Wigan Warriors v Catalans Dragons KO 18:00 (Sky)

Who will win?  

97 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wigan Warriors by 13 points or more
    • Wigan Warriors by 7 to 12 points
    • Wigan Warriors by 1 to 6 points
    • Catalans Dragons by 1 to 6 points
    • Catalans Dragons by 7 to 12 points
    • Catalans Dragons by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 14/10/23 at 17:30

18 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

Catalans could still be playing now ( after Wigan had gone home ) and they wouldn't have scored a try

You really do resent the French teams don't you?

Hopefully next year we will have a second French team in Super League to upset your day.

Edited by Bradman Better
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, daz39 said:

At the ground there was no pitch markings, i commented on this to my mate and the blokes in front and we all cam to the conclusion they must just put the graphics on for the tv viewers then.

Really? Really? Must have been tough on the officials as well as the players. 

52 minutes ago, Bradman Better said:

Penrith will win easily. This Wigan side is not nearly as good as St Helens. Plus Wigan will be without their huge back rower Pearce-Paul.

This the exact same St Helens side that failed to win the league this year? The one that Wigan won?

Strange logic.

• Like 2
Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

30 minutes ago, JohnM said:

Really? Really? Must have been tough on the officials as well as the players. 

He's talking porkies, here is a video I shot during the warm up inside the ground.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

2 hours ago, Dunbar said:

If you two weren't getting along, why did you go for a wee together. 

The conflict rapidly escalated to full scale willy waving.

• Haha 1

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

1 hour ago, Bradman Better said:

Penrith will win easily. This Wigan side is not nearly as good as St Helens. Plus Wigan will be without their huge back rower Pearce-Paul.

Penrith won’t make the same mistake twice, they will be ready for a game this time.

just watched a recording of the game- instantly forgettable - RU style penalty kicks to get points - cats never in any danger of troubling the try line - at least Wigan will have a better chance of beating the panthers as the cats team will have so many new and different players to gel together at the start of next season - prob the right time for the retirements on that performance -VERY disappointing 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

1 hour ago, Bradman Better said:

But will have an even bigger one in Sam Walters. Go figure.

• Like 1

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

It was a pretty standard grand final. Tight, tense and defences on top. I went in to the game pretty confident we would win 'if' we were in touch around the hour mark because we're a fitter and fresher team than Catalans. One major worry going in to it was the fact a lot of games have been blow outs during this recent run, with only the Leigh game being a tight contest but the the defence was again outstanding. 

Looking ahead to a potential game with Penrith, that will be unbelievably tough. Saints deserved their win against them but I think they've given them every bit of motivation they'll need for the next WCC and it will be a switched on Penrith side Wigan will face. I don't think it's an impossible task, with them losing Crichton now as well but we'll be rank outsiders. 

I would like most fans of the obvious 4 I would really like to see another club win SL if our own club not involved . However I think Wigan could now be on the verge of a few wins on the trot . 

Soon we will be dancing the fandango
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

30 minutes ago, WN83 said:

It was a pretty standard grand final. Tight, tense and defences on top. I went in to the game pretty confident we would win 'if' we were in touch around the hour mark because we're a fitter and fresher team than Catalans. One major worry going in to it was the fact a lot of games have been blow outs during this recent run, with only the Leigh game being a tight contest but the the defence was again outstanding. 

Looking ahead to a potential game with Penrith, that will be unbelievably tough. Saints deserved their win against them but I think they've given them every bit of motivation they'll need for the next WCC and it will be a switched on Penrith side Wigan will face. I don't think it's an impossible task, with them losing Crichton now as well but we'll be rank outsiders. 

For Penrith, we are likely to be able to field a fit and firing Thompson and Havard, plus our motivation is likely to be higher than theirs. I would not under estimate our chances. That said, back in the real world, I can only see it in the range of a very narrow backs to the wall wigan win to a 40 point Penrith one. Saints’ win was definitely in my highlights of the year, as it mean the NRL = GODS crowd had to give their heads a wobble for a while. 

17 hours ago, Leonard said:

As a fan, main gripe was PA system. Could not understand a word of anything or the band.

Glad someone else picked up on this,when they announced they were holding a period of silence i reckon most folk never even heard that announcement where i was sat as you couldn't hear it, hence whyit wasn't really observed, i heard moment of silence on the referees whistle but couldn't tell you what it was for, folk round me just carried on their conversations with a few others shouting sssssh.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, daz39 said:

Glad someone else picked up on this,when they announced they were holding a period of silence i reckon most folk never even heard that announcement where i was sat as you couldn't hear it, hence whyit wasn't really observed, i heard moment of silence on the referees whistle but couldn't tell you what it was for, folk round me just carried on their conversations with a few others shouting sssssh.

I picked up the announcement , but didn't hear any whistle , was waiting for it , most of the noise was those vuvuzela things 

I’ve only just realised: Only Hull KR stopped Wigan from doing the Treble this season.

You’re all welcome!! 🔴⚪🔴 

• Like 2

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

17 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

I picked up the announcement , but didn't hear any whistle , was waiting for it , most of the noise was those vuvuzela things 

i was in the fergie stand i thought the p.a was quite good also enjoyed the band i didn't know i knew their songs😀 it was a 13 second moment of silence.

Through the fish-eyed lens of tear stained eyes
I can barely define the shape of this moment in time(roger waters)

2 hours ago, graveyard johnny said:

just watched a recording of the game- instantly forgettable

Maybe you had already watched it live but forgot?

• Haha 1

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

3 hours ago, 7723 said:

Penrith won’t make the same mistake twice, they will be ready for a game this time.

Behave…

On a serious note, you’ll have a great chance. Your defence is excellent, the team are as tough as they come and you’ve plenty of skill throughout the side. KPP, who immense last night, is a loss but Walters and Thompson (if fit) overall improves the side. Is the game likely to be in Wigan or Penrith? The former and you have a better chance.

12 minutes ago, GeordieSaint said:

And? It was a good game. Not thrill a minute like some finals. But it was tight and intense. Decent final. 

No offence but if that is the best our game as to offer on the biggest stage I’d rather watch darts lol. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 7723 said:

Shouldn't that be Penrith won't make the same mistake 4 times.

• Haha 3

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris