2024 Transfer Tracker

4 hours ago, PREPOSTEROUS said:

Yes it's very short... sweet I don't know. On one hand I can understand wanting another go at SL, but on the flipside as a supporter I'm disappointed with him. But that's just my opinion.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, phiggins said:

Penny for Ben McNamara’s thoughts on that one. 

Still desperately need some pace in the back line

If Lam or Moylan pick up a knock then McNamara is going to be needed for halfback cover. We're a little light on depth since Mellor went.

Personally if i was picking the team i'd have both Davis AND McNamara on the bench with 2 props(drop Jack Hughes and start Halton). Davis covers LF, SR, HK and BM covers HB, HK, FB and would give more cover for injuries to the spine

• Like 2

15 hours ago, LeytherRob said:

If Lam or Moylan pick up a knock then McNamara is going to be needed for halfback cover. We're a little light on depth since Mellor went.

Personally if i was picking the team i'd have both Davis AND McNamara on the bench with 2 props(drop Jack Hughes and start Halton). Davis covers LF, SR, HK and BM covers HB, HK, FB and would give more cover for injuries to the spine

Simple question Rob, what does Jack Hughes do to warrant a place in the team, I have yet to see it.

• Like 1

Joe Bullock and Matty Russell have both joined Hull on a short term loan. Makes sense given how many players are unavailable at the minute. Especially the Russell one since the youngsters we have in the backs who are capable of playing SL have already been deployed and we don't really have anything else. I don't really like loan players taking chances away from academy players but we really are bare bones at the minute and will be for another couple of weeks yet.

1 hour ago, MZH said:

Joe Bullock and Matty Russell have both joined Hull on a short term loan. Makes sense given how many players are unavailable at the minute. Especially the Russell one since the youngsters we have in the backs who are capable of playing SL have already been deployed and we don't really have anything else. I don't really like loan players taking chances away from academy players but we really are bare bones at the minute and will be for another couple of weeks yet.

It seems crazy having to go down this route after 2 games.

After loaning out Dwyer to Leigh, and Bullock and Russell to Hull, I hope Warrington will be in line for some sort of 'Spirit of Rugby League' award at the Man of Steel awards later in the year.

It'd be even nicer to think we were actually trying to bring some players in; we don't have a massive squad.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

33 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

After loaning out Dwyer to Leigh, and Bullock and Russell to Hull, I hope Warrington will be in line for some sort of 'Spirit of Rugby League' award at the Man of Steel awards later in the year.

It'd be even nicer to think we were actually trying to bring some players in; we don't have a massive squad.

Yeah, perhaps you should have got it last year too for loaning us Toby King. It was awfully nice of you to loan us a player in a position that we were badly lacking in so we could go on and win the Grand Final.

1 hour ago, Just Browny said:

Or offloading the wages for the 3 of the loanees fir a while, is Mr Moran hard up?

2 hours ago, Damien said:

It seems crazy having to go down this route after 2 games.

2 games or 22 games, we've got 14 players unavailable at the minute for one reason or another.

7 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Simple question Rob, what does Jack Hughes do to warrant a place in the team, I have yet to see it.

Me neither to be honest, he's been reasonably solid in defense but offers very little in attack, Halton is comfortably the 2nd best SR at the club but Lam seems to like Hughes for some reason

• Like 1

Presumably loaning players out gives a sliver of salary cap space to Warrington that they could use later in the year, especially if they are able to let these players stay with their loan clubs for a while?

This annoys me because it's (a) a very impressive 'signing' but (b) Brewdog, who are ######.

• Like 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

"The potential move of Paul Turner to the UK, specifically to Featherstone Rovers, marks a significant moment in rugby league's ongoing narrative of player movement and international influence. As clubs continue to scout for talent that can alter their fortunes, players like Turner stand at the crossroads of opportunity and ambition, ready to make their mark in new territories. The outcome of this move could not only shape Turner's career but also influence the strategic direction of the clubs and leagues involved, making this a development worth watching in the coming months." 😲

https://bnnbreaking.com/sports/kiwi-playmaker-paul-turner-eyes-uk-move-featherstone-rovers-show-interest-amid-nrl-interest

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

1 hour ago, Vyvyan said:

Zac Fulton signed for Bradford on a 1 year deal.

Good signing that, hasn’t really kicked off at manly but he still has some solid potential and will be a good player In the championship.