England v Tonga Test Series - How will you watch the games?

Attendance at the England v Tonga Test Series  

59 members have voted

1. 1. How will you watch the games?

• Attend all 3 games
    • Attend 2 games
    • Attend 1 game
    • Watch all on TV
    • Won't watch any

4 hours ago, gingerjon said:

All on TV. It’s a long way from Hastings to anywhere so, for personal reasons, the chances of me getting to a game north of (say) Milton Keynes is essentially zero. (And even if it were there then there’s no guarantee. Such is life.)

Same for me..  Egham is not as far as Hastings, but too far for me to make this year.  I did the France game so I've done my bit when it comes to International RL

Probably all 3 on TV although I haven't ruled out one of, or both of the next two tests. 

I love watching international RL, but I can do that at home or in the pub. 

The events are pretty rubbish imo and not worth the time, effort and expense unfortunately. 

In my case it's down to three things,

Uncertainty about a potential rail strike being called for the day of the match as it was for the Wifgan double header Quarter Final in the RLWC (England W v Canada and England v PNG) which I had a ticket for and was not able to travel to. and the longer you wait the more the cheap rail tickets have dissappeared.

Secondly, the journeys I had during the WC to Sheffield and Manchester were both nightmare journeys on Britain broken railways (I do drive but not that far from Kent)

Finally, I have a few issues in my personal life at present which require me to be around down here.

So it's the BBC for me for all three. Though I am going to be making an effort in 2024 to get to more League in this country

• Like 1

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

I'll tape them and then maybe get around to watching it. Still not watched the 1st test. 

The venues are at least a 5 hour trip and I can't be bothered for a random standalone series. 

As mentioned before, if they were in the calendar earlier as a proper event or even in a snazzier city, I could have made the effort. If the powers in charge can't be bothered, why should I?

• Like 1

Running the Rob Burrow marathon to raise money for the My Name'5 Doddie foundation:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/ben-dyas

1 hour ago, UBranger said:

I would have gone to Hudds. but working. I think  if they allowed clubs to sell tickets rather than all on line it would help sales. Also tickets on the gate, I presume you can't but don't know.

Comments on here suggest a lot of people were buying on the day at St Helens.

16 minutes ago, Barley Mow said:

Comments on here suggest a lot of people were buying on the day at St Helens.

Was certainly a healthy queue at the ticket office.

I think if you left it late you could still buy online, but needed to pick them up at the ticket office.

1 hour ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

Watching 1st and 3rd on TV live, will probably watch the 2nd delayed because I'm gonna be at a football game at the time that's on. Far too poor to attend any game in person. 

When I can't make a game it's always good to make an event of it on telly....some friends round and a couple of drinks and snack etc....getting the atmosphere going in your living room can be great with a few beers 

7 hours ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

When I can't make a game it's always good to make an event of it on telly....some friends round and a couple of drinks and snack etc....getting the atmosphere going in your living room can be great with a few beers 

I would if I had some friends mate but alas, it will just be me and Mrs. Goose who has absolutely no interest in RL. 

25 minutes ago, moorside roughyed said:

We booked for all three. Three games in three great grounds.

Same here and agree the grounds are perfectly fine, although don't care where they are played, I'd still go. Third test will be the series highlight for me as attending the womens, mens and then staying over in Thirsk before attending the wheelchair game on Sunday.

• Like 3

On 24/10/2023 at 20:40, Leonard said:

Was certainly a healthy queue at the ticket office.

I think if you left it late you could still buy online, but needed to pick them up at the ticket office.

If anyone on here is going to Huddersfield but hasn't bought a ticket yet, I beseech you to buy one online; don't try to pay on the day. If it is like a Giants game, it will be one person writing out tickets with a pen and pricing up with a Casio calculator. Don't subject yourself to that.

• Haha 2

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

5 hours ago, Just Browny said:

If anyone on here is going to Huddersfield but hasn't bought a ticket yet, I beseech you to buy one online; don't try to pay on the day. If it is like a Giants game, it will be one person writing out tickets with a pen and pricing up with a Casio calculator. Don't subject yourself to that.

Ralph Rimmer already been fired from the RFU?