Canberra Raiders get their man

It's totally evident that the great Wigan Warriors do produce a high standard of players that go and play in the NRL.  Newspaper reports that clubs in the NRL are also interested in Harry Smith and the prop forward Ethan Harvard.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Interested to see how he will go, personally I have reservations that he will be a success, but good luck to him.

I think he'll go well if he can channel the s****house side of himself into something like controlled aggression(or Mongrel as they like to say in Aus) 

Always looks strong and fit which is a must there 

Good luck to him 

Edited by Bedfordshire Bronco
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Bamboozle said:

Great to see and good look to him.

the Canberra Raiders and Newcastle knights sure do have a liking for British talent.

and that's why they never win owt

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

1 hour ago, Bamboozle said:

Great to see and good look to him.

the Canberra Raiders and Newcastle knights sure do have a liking for British talent.

3 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

There's johnny getting all patriotic again.

• Haha 4

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

8 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Good luck to him it’s a great move for Smithies, although I find it strange how many English people think this is great news, I want to see the best English players playing in Super League.

There are still only a handful of Brits in the NRL while plenty of talent comes in as well.

Wigan are bringing Luke Thompson back from the NRL next year so all round its about even.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

14 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Good luck to him it’s a great move for Smithies, although I find it strange how many English people think this is great news, I want to see the best English players playing in Super League.

Facts on the ground and harsh realities.

2 hours ago, Dunbar said:

There are still only a handful of Brits in the NRL while plenty of talent comes in as well.

Wigan are bringing Luke Thompson back from the NRL next year so all round its about even.

If Thompson comes back and becomes the player he was before he left, then I would consider that a fair swap.

I see the NRL as the premier rugby league competition in the world.  Where the best players play.  Great to see that the club's there are signing or are interested in English born / or qualified players.  Also like the fact that these players want to go there and test themselves against the best.  It's just my own personal opinion.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Coco said:

I see the NRL as the premier rugby league competition in the world.  Where the best players play.  Great to see that the club's there are signing or are interested in English born / or qualified players.  Also like the fact that these players want to go there and test themselves against the best.  It's just my own personal opinion.  

Yeah, but their now treble Grand Final winners couldn't beat our quadruple Grand Final winners, and ours didn't even win the comp this year.

Bang average, the NRL.

• Haha 3
Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

14 hours ago, graveyard johnny said:

3 hours ago, Farmduck said:

1997: Newcastle with Lee Jackson and coached by Mal Reilly win GF

!987: Manly fly Kevin Ward out from England to play in their GF win over the Canberra Raiders.

btw: coached by Warrington born Bob Fulton.

Edited by The Rocket

3 hours ago, Coco said:

Yeah the NRL is the top comp in the world but the gap between the two is often overstated. Both are top-quality comps with great talent. All of the top SL players would be top players in the NRL and vice versa. The NRL is just a faster game and there is a lot more money in the league and less disparity between the top and bottom sides. I'm an Aussie and I watch both, SL is a very talented comp. For reference, I would place the gap between the two leagues about the same as the gap between the premier league and Serie A. But Both well and truly first-grade comps, but one is wealthier and has a wider talent pool.

Edited by NRLandSL
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

Yeah, but their now treble Grand Final winners couldn't beat our quadruple Grand Final winners, and ours didn't even win the comp this year.

Bang average, the NRL.

Just checked the date and yes, as I thought, it's 1st April.🙂

Remember this?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1997_World_Club_Championship

Edited by JohnM