Trinity owner has big plans

8 minutes ago, Monkeymagic22 said:

Exactly right, Fev are struggling to get a squad together, but I still dont  want dual reg. For Wakey to do it, with their ‘huge budget’ is embarrassing. 

I know. As a Wakey fan I'll be incredibly embarrassed if we win the league, win the 1895 Cup, win the GF and regain our place in SL.

I'll be devastated.

Not.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Kirmonds pouch said:

Apologies, my error, but it doesn't change the point does it.

It does because he was a loan player, not DR. As was Kershaw at Oldham.

So the 2 examples you stated of DR working weren't DR at all.

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

7 minutes ago, Monkeymagic22 said:

Exactly right, Fev are struggling to get a squad together, but I still dont  want dual reg. For Wakey to do it, with their ‘huge budget’ is embarrassing. 

Sounds like your jealous to me, as it didn't seem to bother you when Leeds were supplying you with loads of DR players a few years back. You are hilarious, embarrassing, is continually spending a fortune to win the championship and utterly failing, you are very much in a glass house on that one.

Tell you what, we will carry on embarrassing ourselves using DR to benefit from Wigans huge glut of players, and you don't, and we will talk again in September and see who was right.

3 minutes ago, Kirmonds pouch said:

it didn't seem to bother you when Leeds were supplying you with loads of DR players a few years back. 

I bet you £100 it did bother him.

No one below SL likes or agrees with DR, 95% of the time it's a farce that even the players don't like.

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

1 minute ago, Kirmonds pouch said:

Sounds like your jealous to me, as it didn't seem to bother you when Leeds were supplying you with loads of DR players a few years back. You are hilarious, embarrassing, is continually spending a fortune to win the championship and utterly failing, you are very much in a glass house on that one.

Tell you what, we will carry on embarrassing ourselves using DR to benefit from Wigans huge glut of players, and you don't, and we will talk again in September and see who was right.

I really don’t want dual reg, and speak as a fan who has actually had a team that used it. When we were dual reg with Leeds, we didn’t spend big, and weren’t the favourites to win the League.

When we had a huge budget last season, yes, we failed, but we didn’t resort to dual reg. And to be fair our owner, didn’t mouth off about spending the biggest budget ever.

Yes, let’s see what happens at the end of the season, no pressure on us, but plenty for Powell and Trinity. Let’s hope that Daryl’s ability to win those big matches makes all the difference.

F

Don't understand Wakey using DR. 

I'll be amazed if they don't finish top without it so not sure why they would risk disruption. 

DR sounds great in principle, you get a young hungry fringe player getting game time and putting in a good performance to impress their parent club. Occasionally that does happen. 

But the reality ends up being constant disruption to the team and sometimes players thinking their too good for the championship (and end up getting a rude awakening) or looking like they don't want to be there. 

No conindicence when we DR with Leeds we had some good players but ended up getting absolutely spanked by Keighley & Barrow (one 19 year old back rower got out ran by 40 year old player coach Jake Wester)

As soon as we ditched it the performances were much more consistent and we ended up finishing third. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Bull Mania said:

Don't understand Wakey using DR. 

I'll be amazed if they don't finish top without it so not sure why they would risk disruption. 

DR sounds great in principle, you get a young hungry fringe player getting game time and putting in a good performance to impress their parent club. Occasionally that does happen. 

But the reality ends up being constant disruption to the team and sometimes players thinking their too good for the championship (and end up getting a rude awakening) or looking like they don't want to be there. 

No conindicence when we DR with Leeds we had some good players but ended up getting absolutely spanked by Keighley & Barrow (one 19 year old back rower got out ran by 40 year old player coach Jake Wester)

As soon as we ditched it the performances were much more consistent and we ended up finishing third. 

Exactly right mate, but it’s going to be different for Trinity, who seem to know more about it, than supporters of teams, who have actually experienced it. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Why would a club like Wakefield who can now, according to their fans and backroom staff (not all just ones i've seen and heard about) 'buy' the championship, need to go down this route?

Seems a strange decision and makes me wonder whether this is a Wakey or Wigan lead deal.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, daz39 said:

Why would a club like Wakefield who can now, according to their fans and backroom staff (not all just ones i've seen and heard about) 'buy' the championship, need to go down this route?

Seems a strange decision and makes me wonder whether this is a Wakey or Wigan lead deal.

Tbh I can just about buy the line that it's a back-up in case too many people are locked down in contracts to other clubs at this point to be sure of giving the squad the depth they would like. Especially given the timing of the takeover - there's at least another plausible argument contingent on that that the first real squad of the new regime would be the 2025 one, as 2024 is clearly going to be a lash-up, not entirely assembled with a free hand.

I wouldn't do it, but there is logical sense in how it has ben explained IMO.*

*again, I wouldn't do it 

Edited by iffleyox
  • Like 2

I’m not even fishing here when I say that any club trying to demonstrate to IMG that they’re Super League-ready should be penalised in the process of having to enter in to a dual registration agreement. How is that doing anything for their viability in terms of employing players and also enabling player development and pathways? Surely this could have been the year that they give the best of their youth a chance, but instead that route will be blocked by the middling of Wigan’s youth. 

• Like 5

47 minutes ago, Monkeymagic22 said:

I really don’t want dual reg, and speak as a fan who has actually had a team that used it. When we were dual reg with Leeds, we didn’t spend big, and weren’t the favourites to win the League.

When we had a huge budget last season, yes, we failed, but we didn’t resort to dual reg. And to be fair our owner, didn’t mouth off about spending the biggest budget ever.

Yes, let’s see what happens at the end of the season, no pressure on us, but plenty for Powell and Trinity. Let’s hope that Daryl’s ability to win those big matches makes all the difference.

F

Neither has ours.

He's responded to questions from interviewers and also told Wakefield supporters what he brings to the table and what he proposes to do. Communication with the supporters has been sadly lacking in the last few years, so we're finding it quite refreshing.

Hardly "shouting his mouth off is it?"

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

I’m not even fishing here when I say that any club trying to demonstrate to IMG that they’re Super League-ready should be penalised in the process of having to enter in to a dual registration agreement. How is that doing anything for their viability in terms of employing players and also enabling player development and pathways? Surely this could have been the year that they give the best of their youth a chance, but instead that route will be blocked by the middling of Wigan’s youth. 

I'd like this too and think its a good idea.

I suppose though it is partly the RFL that have pushed dual registration, rather than enforce minimum standards for SL with things like reserves, so they won't.

31 minutes ago, daz39 said:

You're not getting away with that!

WHERE has anyone said this?

They haven't.

• Like 2

Dual Reg is something that can be used in so many ways. I don't see it being where Wigan use Wakey to get their players a game or two for fitness purposes. I think it will be used for longer loan periods for a few players. 

I also suspect we will try and assemble a squad for this season that can achieve our aims. However like Powell stated, the type of players he wants are just not around. I see this dual Reg deal as a way of filling two or three squad spots that we are unable to fill by conventional signings.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Monkeymagic22 said:

We’re struggling to put a quality squad together at short notice so I’m happy with the duel reg with Wigan.  It’s not embarrassing in my opinion.

Up the Trin 

4 hours ago, daz39 said:

Not heard anyone say this.

Up the Trin

Sad really that 2 clubs in such a supposed hotbed of RL can't go their own way.

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/hull-kr-dual-registration-featherstone-8895295

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Kirmonds pouch said:

That's a total crock, you forget that Trinity used to be the SL team doing DR, and we sent some excellent players to Dewsbury, Fev, Oldham and Donny through the years. Just ask what Oldham fans thought of Kershaw, or more recently Donny fans think of Ollie Pratt. 

Som DR tranfers don't work, but neither do actual transfers. The system has it's flaws but it does work for most players.

I remember Fafita, Keegan Hirst, Max Jowitt (and possibly once more) playing for Dewsbury on DR, and I think me, my Dad and Grandma would have put more effort in. Think we got beat by nearly 50 against Rochdale. Where as Elliott Minichella came on DR from Hull KR and gave his all. 

6 hours ago, Kirmonds pouch said:

Calm darn dear we've joined Hull KR,as for being jealous, goodness me 😆

1 hour ago, Simon Hall said:

Sad really that 2 clubs in such a supposed hotbed of RL can't go their own way.

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/hull-kr-dual-registration-featherstone-8895295

I thought we'd done with DR but obviously not,many Fev fans aren't keen on it. What about Wakefield and Wigan ? I was surprised at that but it looks like a few are going to do it.