Trinity owner has big plans

1st Trophy pick-up for Trinity under new regime.  😉

• Like 10

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

On 05/12/2023 at 20:33, Wollo Wollo Wayoo said:

1st Trophy pick-up for Trinity under new regime.  😉

What about a trophy room full of replica cups. We could have picture of Mary Quant and the Beatles and the Stones on the wall. Maybe one of those new fangled Mini cars as a static display.

For the benefit of other Championship teams I’m taking the Micky out of my own clubs lack of recent success. It’s not some bizarre boast designed to upset you. Just so you know.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On a serious note, got to say I love looking at old trophies like the Challenge Cup, Yorkshire Cup etc.

I think they look magnificent compared to the modern tacky things used across most sports these days for test series etc.

Maybe a full exhibition of them would be great and some way of using them again (don’t ask how).

Seems a shame to keep them locked away.

Edited by Gerrumonside ref
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Very positive and informative insights into the new owners plans for the club and what’s driving him to resurrect the sleeping giant that is Wakefield Trinity.

The new Western Terrace is going to be very interesting and unique by the sound of it

https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/new-wakefield-trinity-owner-matt-ellis-opens-up-on-what-makes-him-tick-as-he-taps-into-business-success-4446621?fbclid=IwAR2H0sKavQDzltY7HCPvxrWunyhAgJS1MemNdRPWLjEvP75dYRzAsjbgrks

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, OMEGA said:

Very positive and informative insights into the new owners plans for the club and what’s driving him to resurrect the sleeping giant that is Wakefield Trinity.

The new Western Terrace is going to be very interesting and unique by the sound of it

https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/new-wakefield-trinity-owner-matt-ellis-opens-up-on-what-makes-him-tick-as-he-taps-into-business-success-4446621?fbclid=IwAR2H0sKavQDzltY7HCPvxrWunyhAgJS1MemNdRPWLjEvP75dYRzAsjbgrks

He appears to be very task driven and clearly not afraid to put the hours in

• Like 3

On 07/12/2023 at 08:05, Kirmonds pouch said:

What about a trophy room full of replica cups. We could have picture of Mary Quant and the Beatles and the Stones on the wall. Maybe one of those new fangled Mini cars as a static display.

For the benefit of other Championship teams I’m taking the Micky out of my own clubs lack of recent success. It’s not some bizarre boast designed to upset you. Just so you know.

How about a statue of Richard Harris ?

3 hours ago, RBKnight said:

How about a statue of Richard Harris ?

How about The MacArthur Car Park as a tribute?

• Haha 1

Wakefield Trinity RLFC

Great news this on Wakefields transition back into SL, for which I think will be a formaility.

Not sure if it has been mentioned, but why didn't they show the same ambition and determination last year and try to stay up ?? Other than the purple patch resulting in them almost catching Cas and blowing it, relegation seemed to be their goal last year rather than staying in SL 🤔

19 minutes ago, Snowys Backside said:

Great news this on Wakefields transition back into SL, for which I think will be a formaility.

Not sure if it has been mentioned, but why didn't they show the same ambition and determination last year and try to stay up ?? Other than the purple patch resulting in them almost catching Cas and blowing it, relegation seemed to be their goal last year rather than staying in SL 🤔

Different owners, different players and no brass.

22 minutes ago, Snowys Backside said:

Small matter of the new owner spending money now, not being the owner then…

3 hours ago, Snowys Backside said:

IMG. 

• Like 1

Wakefield Trinity RLFC

12 hours ago, OMEGA said:

Takes too long to bake it and we’ll never have that recipe again!

My daughter makes super Lemon Drizzle cake, i'll see if she's willing to share the recipe.

As a footnote to Richard Harris and This Sporting Life film, my claim to fame was bunking off school in the early sixties to go down to Belle View and be a part of the crowd whilst they were filming Richard Harris taking part in a game, along with the Trinity players at that time. 

• Like 1

On 19/12/2023 at 12:05, iffleyox said:

Small matter of the new owner spending money now, not being the owner then…

Fair play but lets hope for his sake that one of the other clubs don't go and do a London.

Irrespective of what IMG state with gradings, i don't think anything is a foregone conclusion should promotion be denied because of a made up number.

• 4 weeks later...

I know we’re not Superleague but this is a good news story so I thought I’d add it

Wakefield Trinity have now taken full ownership of the new East Stand 

Trinity have sold over 5,200 Season Tickets and have also SOLD OUT the hospitality for the opening match!

Just for clarity that’s all of the executive boxes, suites and restaurant in the Benidorm Flats AND all the hospitality and restaurant places inside the new Neil Fox East Stand. That some feat considering we’re still more than a month away from the game

• Like 13
  • Thanks 3