Halifax

wozzeryedhead

45 minutes ago, ManchesterYed said:

Back on here now the real stuff starts.

Oldham by 30, can’t see Halifax troubling us.

With our spend and squad only Wakefield Toulouse and Fev outside of super league should be beating us. If we don’t qualify to the quarters finals it’s a disaster with our squad and only league 1 games for the rest of the season with challenge cup unrealistic at this stage but I think we should be looking it win the 1895.

Hopefully you are wrong but a good positive post from an Oldham point of view. We'll see. 😀 💙 🏉 🤍❗

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ManchesterYed said:

With our spend and squad only Wakefield Toulouse and Fev outside of super league should be beating us. If we don’t qualify to the quarters finals it’s a disaster with our squad and only league 1 games for the rest of the season with challenge cup unrealistic at this stage but I think we should be looking it win the 1895.

Wow

12 hours ago, ManchesterYed said:

Love the enthusiasm but for me this wil be tight. Halifax are the defending champions and a very good and well established championship side. A real tough test. 4 points either way. Hopefully an Oldham win.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Roughyed Rats said:

Love the enthusiasm but for me this wil be tight. Halifax are the defending champions and a very good and well established championship side. A real tough test. 4 points either way. Hopefully an Oldham win.

Fingers crossed toes crossed everything crossed, c'mon owdam 🏉👏

• Like 2

For anyone thinking this will be easy, a touch of realism is required. Halifax are the holders & won't give it up lightly. They are a very good side with classy backs especially. If we do happen to win, it will be massive in every way, in terms of building the public interest even more, not to mention being a step on the road to the Holy Grail that is Wembley. 

• Like 5

You are speaking hypothetically of course😉

‘best’ second place team advances….even though the second placed teams will have all played different opponents so best really is a misnomer.

another mickey mouse competition even though it ends at Wembley.

41 minutes ago, Anita Bath said:

You are speaking hypothetically of course😉

‘best’ second place team advances….even though the second placed teams will have all played different opponents so best really is a misnomer.

Of course 😀

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Jimmy DoNut said:

For anyone thinking this will be easy, a touch of realism is required. Halifax are the holders & won't give it up lightly. They are a very good side with classy backs especially. If we do happen to win, it will be massive in every way, in terms of building the public interest even more, not to mention being a step on the road to the Holy Grail that is Wembley. 

Unfortunately beating Halifax won’t create a buzz it’s something we’ve done numerous times under the CH era. If anything not progressing to the next stage of this cup comp will come as a real disappointment for me this year, we will win league one without losing a game and I’m looking forward to having a real go in this competition. We will be spending similar if not a lot more on players than the likes of Halifax, Sheffield and Batley, beating Halifax under CH era was a lot bigger achievement. 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Anita Bath said:

Not sure Sheffield, Fev, Leigh and Halifax fans would agree, having seen their teams winning silverware at Wembley (and the Tottenham stadium in the case of Leigh) for the first time in many years.

Edited by OL14.yeds
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, The Art of Hand and Foot said:

Tbh, we are an established championship team. Apart from one aspect......., the fans. The players are ,in the main, an established championship team. More so than Halifax. They have changed and rearranged as we have. Irrelevant that we are a league lower, as our current team has as much as theirs. Yes by two tries.

We have championship established players but not 'team'. They've only played one game together

Where as Halifax have the same core with the SL additions of Widdop and Eden.

We'd have benefited so much from the Rochdale game 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, OL14.yeds said:

Not sure Sheffield, Fev, Leigh and Halifax fans would agree, having seen their teams winning silverware at Wembley (and the Tottenham stadium in the case of Leigh) for the first time in many years.

Yes I agree, for those who get to the final a great day out. But the organisation of the competition is MM and is done with the sole purpose of providing league 1 clubs with one or two more home games…in the middle of winter.

Poor hunslet…playing two top championship clubs…this is not bad luck (luck of the draw). There was no draw…administrators selected the groups. Obviously hunslets chairman has been drinking in the wrong pubs.

• Thanks 1

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

I'd go Astley, Rawsthorne, O'Keefe, Turner, Mo, Craven, Ellis, Kopzcak, Wildie, Farnworth, Wardle, Lawton, Taylor. Subs: Paga, Moran, Johnson, J Chaphelhow. 

Can't wait for this game, Fax have some quality players but I think we can match them in the pack.  Oldham by 4

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, m brooksy said:

I'd go Astley, Rawsthorne, O'Keefe, Turner, Mo, Craven, Ellis, Kopzcak, Wildie, Farnworth, Wardle, Lawton, Taylor. Subs: Paga, Moran, Johnson, J Chaphelhow. 

Can't wait for this game, Fax have some quality players but I think we can match them in the pack.  Oldham by 4

Good team!

2 hours ago, m brooksy said:

Excellent team, only difference in my team would be Moran to start, swap Paga in for Ellis. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Anita Bath said:

Yes I agree, for those who get to the final a great day out. But the organisation of the competition is MM and is done with the sole purpose of providing league 1 clubs with one or two more home games…in the middle of winter.

Poor hunslet…playing two top championship clubs…this is not bad luck (luck of the draw). There was no draw…administrators selected the groups. Obviously hunslets chairman has been drinking in the wrong pubs.

Yes, but it’s home games that League 1 teams are desperate for the income from (Hunslet will get two of which), and then the groups are arranged on a geographical basis. 

The clubs pushed for this and worked with the RFL because they wanted guaranteed income after losing London Skolars. Cornwall even offered to miss out on the competition (contrary to popular belief) to make the competition format work.

• Like 1