1895 Cup Group Three Preview: Newcastle Thunder, Wakefield Trinity, York Knights

9 hours ago, The Blues Ox said:

Should have just played it at Fev Lions to wind the Wakey fans up even more.

It's certainly wound me up. I had a nice long weekend planned up in Northumberland. I had booked a quality hotel and was looking forward to the journey up there. Instead a trip to chuffin Fev 😡

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Agbrigg said:

It's certainly wound me up. I had a nice long weekend planned up in Northumberland. I had booked a quality hotel and was looking forward to the journey up there. Instead a trip to chuffin Fev 😡

😆 there's always the Top House ( Featherstone Hotel) 😃 😊 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

31 minutes ago, Fevrover said:

Yeah now Newcastle have to travel for an 'home' game,might as well have been at Belle Vue.

Might as well have allowed Cornwall in and played their games in the North

• Like 2

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

33 minutes ago, Fevrover said:

Nowt surprises me with Rugby  League these days.

True. We should get a bingo card with all the most ridiculous things you could think of in RL and see how many actually happen. Probably none, because we wouldn't be imaginative enough to come up with the actual ridiculous events.

• Like 1

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

GFgg3YtW4AA0Mlj?format=jpg&name=small

• Thanks 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

5 minutes ago, wilsontown said:

Trinity look to be on a totally different level. 

Its not a huge surprise, one look at their squad tells you how strong they are and with Fev and Toulouse both looking weaker than last season and the chasers not looking as good as either of those two, its going to be a very one sided season. I wonder what the try scoring records are when it comes to this league as there has to be a very high chance that Walmsley could beat it comfotably.

8 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

Its not a huge surprise, one look at their squad tells you how strong they are and with Fev and Toulouse both looking weaker than last season and the chasers not looking as good as either of those two, its going to be a very one sided season. I wonder what the try scoring records are when it comes to this league as there has to be a very high chance that Walmsley could beat it comfotably.

Yeah, true. I wasn't expecting a win, but I did think we'd give them a game, and we really didn't.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PREPOSTEROUS said:

04 - 40. Score line doesn't do the gulf between the two side justice. Got very scrappy in the end 

men against boys , trin as said will walk this league and do a leigh leopards , i know its early days but can,t see much resistance as york will comfortably be top six at the end of the season

36 minutes ago, Curly perm said:

Was that York’s first team, just missing Myler and Dagger? Or were they missing other starters? 

Ronan Michael, Josh Daley, Ata Hingano, Levi Edwards and Bailey Antrobus will all be in and around the 17 as well.

Edited by Barley Mow
  • Like 1

There was some bother but I don't think it was really anything to do with the game - some lads coming out of the cinema and had a sherbert too many as far as I could see. Police vans all over the place though.

20 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

Just seen a video of some crowd trouble claiming to be at the Wakey game, not sure if correct. Must just be a thing about that postcode if so. 

There seemed to be something going on in the corner between where the Wakefield fans were sat and the main stand (where the York fans were) after the end of the match.

I overheard a Wakefield fan leaving saying that it was a few of their fans causing whatever it was.

Edited by Barley Mow

As I was walking out a Wakefield fan was been sick up the wall not a good look and heard from another Wakefield fan that the trouble was between themselves not what you want to see at the rugby.

Sounds like too much beer it’s a shame as Wakefield turned out in numbers but fair play to the Wakefield fans I spoke to they were not happy about the idiot’s hopefully they can identify them and deal with them accordingly.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

Just seen a video of some crowd trouble claiming to be at the Wakey game, not sure if correct. Must just be a thing about that postcode if so. 

The South Stand was full t'brim so a few late arriving Wakefield fans were placed in another enclosure.  There was some scuffling amongst two or three within that group just after the final hooter, to much booing from the Wakefield fans in the SS.  The stewards tried to calm it but two idiots just wouldn't take the hint and it escalated until, I believe, they were carted off by the police.  Plenty of footage on SM taken by Wakefield fans in the hope of assisting with any follow up investigation.

• Like 1

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

Very accomplished performance by trinity. If not for the one sided penalty count to York in that second half it could have been quite painful.

Trinity looked very fit and very well drilled across the park. With Vagana and Bain to also come in and players like Croft, Kay, Franco waiting for their chance I’m hopeful for a positive season.

I like York, good team improving gradually and likely be around playoffs. 

looking forward to Newcastle next. 

• Like 4