2024 attendance thread

3 hours ago, Worzel said:

If Hull City got their way and were allowed to build a training "campus" on the land along Walton Street next door to the stadium, maybe a smaller ground could be built within that - just as Man City did at the Etihad - which FC could use for most matches and just hold derby games at the MKM. It would be ideal. 

But I really can't see the council backing down on the idea: Hull Fair has been held on that land for hundreds of years, it's the biggest in Europe and I can't see the council risking moving it to another site. 

Surely Hull City couldn’t build a second stadium big enough to host Hull FC? Even Man City’s only holds about 5,000. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Worzel said:

Hull KR is going to sell out again this week.

This is great, but it really does highlight how we need to expand the ground with some urgency. The club hasn’t won anything yet, so if we’re creating this much demand simply by playing well and getting in the Top 4 once, imagine what real success would bring? We don’t want to lose the opportunity to enable new customers to sample the product. At the moment we risk that. 

Sometimes less is more, if your games are selling out every week people are buying tickets earlier causing quicker sell outs making the games more must see.

Its a positive viscious circle. I would only increase further when there's a waiting list for tickets. 

Otherwise a stadium too large and you run the risk of looking like the other Hull lot who are now wishing they had a smaller stadium. 

Hospitality expansion should be the next target before ordinary tickets, its worth noting a hospitality ticket sale is worth 5 regular tickets and a hospitality ST equals a regular soccer ST

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, JM2010 said:

What’s the average SL crowd so far after the first three games?

Saints is 13500, hospitality virtually sold out, happy with that but still work to do 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, yipyee said:

Sometimes less is more, if your games are selling out every week people are buying tickets earlier causing quicker sell outs making the games more must see.

Its a positive viscious circle. I would only increase further when there's a waiting list for tickets. 

Otherwise a stadium too large and you run the risk of looking like the other Hull lot who are now wishing they had a smaller stadium. 

Hospitality expansion should be the next target before ordinary tickets, its worth noting a hospitality ticket sale is worth 5 regular tickets and a hospitality ST equals a regular soccer ST

I loved Central Park as it always looked bust=y be it 12,000-26,000 but hate JJB.

15 hours ago, yipyee said:

Do they really wish to have a smaller stadium, or do they just want a team they can actually enjoy watching in their big stadium?

20 hours ago, Eddie said:

Surely Hull City couldn’t build a second stadium big enough to host Hull FC? Even Man City’s only holds about 5,000. 

I was rather hoping Hull FC would move to a 5,000 seater stadium. Give it a couple of years… 🤣🤣🤣

19 hours ago, yipyee said:

I agree hospitality ideally would be the best next growth area. But at present it’s much more expensive to execute: It requires the demolition and rebuild of our “main” West Stand, which you’re looking at £12-15m to do these days.

Whereas we can extend the East Stand by 30 metres for about £1.5m or less, do it very fast, and then sell an extra 1,200 standing spaces per week (£300k per year, a much faster payback period on the investment)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Worzel said:

I agree hospitality ideally would be the best next growth area. But at present it’s much more expensive to execute: It requires the demolition and rebuild of our “main” West Stand, which you’re looking at £12-15m to do these days.

Whereas we can extend the East Stand by 30 metres for about £1.5m or less, do it very fast, and then sell an extra 1,200 standing spaces per week (£300k per year, a much faster payback period on the investment)

Its a difficult one to pick I guess.

Logically the latter would present a quick ROI and allow the club to take advantage of the positivity right now with more general admissions. All that with what would seem to be minimal disruptions to the stadium.

The first option would need to be a major investment for arguably the next 30+ years and require investment to match. If its possible, that may be a preferable option however. Equally, it's ROI might be actually pretty good as you can charge more for all the seats in there, not just the expanded corporate. There is a reason most football clubs redeveloping their stadiums recently have redeveloped their "corporate" stands as a priority. That said the disruption to the stadium during construction would be significant. At Leeds we had this with 3 sides (and 1 of those being "temporary") during our redevelopment, and even then we took 2 games to Elland Road. 

Could KR decamp to the Circle for a few games potentially??? 

19 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Its a difficult one to pick I guess.

Logically the latter would present a quick ROI and allow the club to take advantage of the positivity right now with more general admissions. All that with what would seem to be minimal disruptions to the stadium.

The first option would need to be a major investment for arguably the next 30+ years and require investment to match. If its possible, that may be a preferable option however. Equally, it's ROI might be actually pretty good as you can charge more for all the seats in there, not just the expanded corporate. There is a reason most football clubs redeveloping their stadiums recently have redeveloped their "corporate" stands as a priority. That said the disruption to the stadium during construction would be significant. At Leeds we had this with 3 sides (and 1 of those being "temporary") during our redevelopment, and even then we took 2 games to Elland Road. 

Could KR decamp to the Circle for a few games potentially??? 

I think the plan is to use the land we have first option on around the ground as an enabling development, so as that gets developed any profits will help subsidise the new West Stand etc. The club already has property firms aa partners, it’s all about building that consortium and creating a masterplan. 

Until then, the short-term priorities are:

1. The new 3G pitch at the South West corner, and 

2. Extend the East Stand

Plans for both of those are in play, the community pitch starts being built after Easter. But the wider property projects will probably need the economy to pick up I think. 

6 hours ago, Worzel said:

Is there room for a marquee behind the stand? Temporary corporate with seats added to the main stand and some of the main stand moved to the redeveloped east expansion ?

Another option is to sell 10 year tickets for corporate, 1000 tickets averaging 800 pound (presuming the plan is for expansion on a varied product of lounges) is 8 million, would provide upfront capital although would be a tough 10 years..

30 minutes ago, Damien said:

It's pretty depressing as a Wire fan to see the buzz around many other clubs and the drop off at Warrington. 

12 minutes ago, Dave T said:

It's pretty depressing as a Wire fan to see the buzz around many other clubs and the drop off at Warrington. 

Yeah there had been a real buzz around crowds and even the likes of games on Good Friday selling out even though it is still weeks away.

I'm sure Warringtons will come and they've not had the big home fixtures yet.

6 hours ago, Dave T said:

Tonight’s great win might get a few fans back Dave. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Damien said:

Yeah there had been a real buzz around crowds and even the likes of games on Good Friday selling out even though it is still weeks away.

I'm sure Warringtons will come and they've not had the big home fixtures yet.

The home opener and 2nd game we're really poor. Maybe tonight's win will start to make people think twice. 

1 hour ago, Josef K said:

Tonight’s great win might get a few fans back Dave. 

Fingers crossed mate. I've only seen the result and tries as was at a work event, but that is a great win. 

Some good attendances in the 3 NRL games so far, 22378 for Newcastle vs Canberra, 20169 for Melbourne vs Penrith and a 24076 sellout at Mt. Smart for NZ Warriors vs Cronulla.

• Like 2

29,171 at CommBank Stadium for Eels V Dogs was impressive.

Titans v Dragons was very unimpressive hosting just 14,537 for their opening match of the season. That result will be further demoralising for the Titans and NRL when the Gold Coast Suns on the same day impressed a 22,086 sellout crowd with a big win locally.