New Partnership - ABK Beer

Just ordered 24 bottles.

I mean, you have to don't you.

• Like 4
  • Haha 6

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Just been looking up their details, and it sounds like it will be worth seeking out, especially the Edel and Dunkel.

https://beerhunter.co.uk/brand/abk/ 

Edited by Futtocks

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Seems to have been a while since we announced a proper new sponsor, this is absolutely welcome. NOt sure I've ever had this tbh, like Dunbar, I'll be sure to give it a try.

• Like 1

Do any of the UK supermarkets sell it?

Not having gone looking for the brand before, it wouldn't have registered in my previous shopping trips.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

2 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Do any of the UK supermarkets sell it?

Not having gone looking for the brand before, it wouldn't have registered in my previous shopping trips.

Their website has a map showing where it's available. Definitely looks to be more visible in the northwest than, say, the south east.

The only place in Hastings where I can get it - other than online - appears to be the Two Bulls Steakhouse. Been a while since I've been and I've been needing an excuse.

• Like 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

2 minutes ago, sam4731 said:

Oh good gambling and alcohol as our main sponsors. Hopefully lots of kids see these sponsors and are inspired.

It shouldn't be a shock that a beer becomes the official beer sponsor.

• Like 1
  • Haha 13

5 minutes ago, sam4731 said:

Oh good gambling and alcohol as our main sponsors. Hopefully lots of kids see these sponsors and are inspired.

I understand the role of Official Pearl Clutcher is vacant if you'd like to go in for that.

• Haha 15

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

29 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

Their website has a map showing where it's available. Definitely looks to be more visible in the northwest than, say, the south east.

The only place in Hastings where I can get it - other than online - appears to be the Two Bulls Steakhouse. Been a while since I've been and I've been needing an excuse.

There's a big gap on the map of North London, centred more or less on where I live. :kolobok_angry2:

And they sell it at the Reliance on Old Street, which used to be a minute's walk from my previous job.:kolobok_angry2: :kolobok_angry2:

Ralph Waldo Emerson

It's one of my favourite beers (along with a dozen or so other German ones but still). If anyone is near a Booths you can pick it up in there. 

• Like 2

I was born to run a club like this. Number 1, I do not spook easily, and those who think I do, are wasting their time, with their surprise attacks.

39 minutes ago, sam4731 said:

So what? The majority of fans probably do both. How often are kids inspired by sponsors?

1 hour ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

I'm sure many have not heard of this brand but it's definitely a step up from Kingstone Press et al 

The only reason it could be a  'step up  ' is if it brings a lot more to the game financially. We don't know that.

What we do know is that this now American owned Brewery from Bavaria is trading at shares 30% lower than last year and  that it has expanded quickly but sustained significant losses recently.

There was nothing wrong with the Aston Manor sponsorship . They put  decent money into the Game including at Community level  where it really helped but the sponsorship had run its day once a French conglomerate with competing interests took them over. Aston Manor remain a bigger and financially stronger company than ABK.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Indigogo said:

So what? The majority of fans probably do both. How often are kids inspired by sponsors?

Exactly.  I mean I've smoked 60 Silk Cut a day since the '85 Challenge Cup final... but I'm sure that's a coincidence. 

• Haha 5

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

16 hours ago, sam4731 said:

I share your horror. That is why I support banning of sponsorship by step-ladder manufacturers. We should not be encouraging kids to fall from heights. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2