Thur 15th Feb: SL: Hull FC v Hull KR KO 8pm (Sky)

Who will win?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Hull FC
    • Hull KR

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 15/02/24 at 20:30

Right then, first match thread of 2024, lets' see how this one goes.

It may be the last if it descends into off-topic arguments about anything other than the match in question, or people accusing match officials of being biased or corrupt.

Good luck everyone...

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, John Drake said:

Right then, first match thread of 2024, lets' see how this one goes.

It may be the last if it descends into off-topic arguments about anything other than the match in question, or people accusing match officials of being biased or corrupt.

Good luck everyone...

That sounds like a fair deal, John 👍

Edited by Gerrumonside ref

Fingers crossed.

Getting excited for everything beginning all over again tomorrow.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 hour ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

That sounds like a fair deal, John 👍

I think you being the first reply with a username like that gives this thread no chance from the off.....

😁

• Haha 6

Fantastic fixture to kick off the new season. I'm finding this one to be close to call to be honest and a lot will depend on how quickly the new players in both teams settle into their respective new processes.

Leaning slightly towards KR but gotta think that FC need to win this one to lay a marker down.

The%20Warriors%2060.jpg

Counting down to the first "Game's gone soft" when someone gets absolutely clotheslined in the first five minutes.

• Haha 2

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

1 hour ago, StandOffHalf said:

Looking forward to seeing the FC additions up front.

That's definitely our strength this year. I think Pele in particular will go down a storm. He was playing some real big minutes in pre season too. 

We are missing a few. Tindall broke his thumb in pre season so it looks like Lewis Martin will get the nod for his second SL appearance on the wing. Tuimavave and Fash are out too along with Trueman who we new wouldn't be ready.

No one seems to be giving us much of a chance this year, including our own fans. But actually I'm looking forward to it and I'm quietly confident. We have a couple of positions that do look like a weakness. But we have a lot of options and versatility, a really strong looking front row, and a good crop of youngsters pushing for a place in the team. I don't think we will pull up many trees, but I think we can at least show a bit of progress and challenge for a playoff spot.

As for this game, Rovers look stronger in the backs but I'd take our pack over theirs, and in the first game of the season, playing in a Derby, I know which of those things I'd choose.

Hull by 8

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Taking my inflatable settee to this one, I imagine there’ll be plenty of fellow black and whites wanting to join me hiding behind it!

☹️

• Haha 1
                                                                     Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

6 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

who are each teams new recruits please?

For Hull, Jack Walker, Liam Tindall (injured), Nu Brown, Herman Ese'ese, Franklin Pele, Jayden Okunbor, Jack Ashworth, Morgan Smith. Most if not all of them will play tomorrow.

• Thanks 1

Won't lie, after our end to last season, and it can be strongly argued that we have a weaker starting lineup than last season, I really can't see this going our way.

It won't be 40-0, but it will be a convincing loss IMO.

Rovers by 2 scores.

• Like 1
Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

8 hours ago, gingerjon said:

Counting down to the first "Game's gone soft" when someone gets absolutely clotheslined in the first five minutes.

And it's always good to moan about empty seats.  If this one is pretty much a sell-out, as I understand it might be, we will have to moan about not having empty seats to moan about!

Indiscipline and throwing the towel in, set to continue.

Rovers by plenty.

Edited by jacksy

Rugby Union the only game in the world were the spectators handle the ball more than the players.

With no Trueman, Hoy at 6 and Walker at fullback is a possibility unless they choose Morgan Smith.

Also hopefully we get to see Lewis Martin play on the wing, he was very impressive against Saints last year.

12 hours ago, Wiltshire Warrior Dragon said:

KR by about fifteen points, I think.

Presumably you think they'll drop a goal to take the p*ss?

I was at Odsal to watch Bradford v Hull FC, think it was 2005, and we lost 71-0....they dropped a goal FFS!

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

1 minute ago, Old Frightful said:

Presumably you think they'll drop a goal to take the p*ss?

I was at Odsal to watch Bradford v Hull FC, think it was 2005, and we lost 71-0....they dropped a goal FFS!

Or your lot will drop a goal to avoid being nilled! 😉

22 hours ago, graveyard johnny said:

who are each teams new recruits please?

I've said this a few times but go here for most SL news on recruits and injuries (especially for fantasy SL)

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/

For a local news site it is also quite quick and relatively lighter on ads (though obvs still pretty bad)