Thur 15th Feb: SL: Hull FC v Hull KR KO 8pm (Sky)

Who will win?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Hull FC
    • Hull KR

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 15/02/24 at 20:30

4 minutes ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

If you're being gouged on the ground, are you expected to just take it now? I'm sorry, but you're going to try everything to get them off you and react. Absolute bonkers that the instigater got off lighter.

“Gouged” 

As if. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

If you're being gouged on the ground, are you expected to just take it now? I'm sorry, but you're going to try everything to get them off you and react. Absolute bonkers that the instigater got off lighter.

Parcell was an idiot and should be sat out for the next game, however, that doesn't mean Sao can then knee him in the head.

It's Sao's fault he got sent off, not Parcell's.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, meast said:

Or players kneeing others in the head knowing full well the scrutiny around head Injuries 😐

Didn't take long for a "sports ruined" nonsense, like it's the rules to blame for someone getting red for kneeing a player in the head,twice.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, MattSantos said:

Are Lewis and May the 6 and 7 all season? If so, i think they'll struggle in tight games to score points. Both too similar.

I think it’s pretty well known that May was signed as a 6 upgrade to replace Lewis, alongside Abdul as the organiser (who we gave a ‘franchise’ contract to last season), but then two things happened:

1. Lewis responded like an injured tiger after Peters told him his “utility” role for 2024 late last year after the May move, and then

2. Abdul did his usual lackadaisical approach to pre- preseason, didn’t arrive in elite shape, and when told it wasn’t good enough didn’t really want to battle for his spot.

That changed Peters mind, so he switched to Lewis and May.

I remain convinced that Lewis is a Tomkins-style full back. The best Hull KR solution was Abdul & May in the halves, Lewis at FB and Hiku in the centres. Too late now, but I really believe that was a Top 2 side if we’d gone with it. Such a missed opportunity. 

Edited by Worzel
Typo

4 minutes ago, Worzel said:

I think it’s pretty well known that May was signed as a 6 upgrade to replace Lewis, alongside Abdul as the organiser (who we gave a ‘franchise’ contract to last season), but then two things happened:

1. Lewis responded like an injured tiger after Peters told him his “utility” role for 2024 late last year after the May move, and then

2. Abdul did his usual lackadaisical approach to pre- preseason, didn’t arrive in elite shape, and when told it wasn’t good enough didn’t really want to battle for his spot.

That changed Peters mind, so he switched to Lewis and May.

I remain convinced that Lewis is a Tomkins-style full back. The best Hull KR solution was Abdul & May in the halves, Lewis at FB and Hiku in the centres. Too late now, but I really believe that was a Top 2 side if we’d gone with it. Such a missed opportunity. 

They touched on it in the post game and if Lewis can add some classic 7 skills to his game, he could be a very good player indeed.

I didn't rate May when he was at Penrith and i've no idea how he did at Catalan, so it'll be interesting to see how they both go.

Running the Rob Burrow marathon to raise money for the My Name'5 Doddie foundation:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/ben-dyas

4 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Gouging was my first thought and the replays haven’t changed my mind. 

Irrelevant, the ref gave what he saw at the time, the rest will be reviewed and decision made.

Personally I saw a face massage and not a gouge, my opinion counts for nowt to the disciplinary though.

Due process will be followed.

Both players were t!t$

• Like 2

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

2 hours ago, tiffers said:

For all the scrappy play, there is a significantly cleaner ruck. It's much easier on the eye in that respect. 

I've not seen the game but I find no entertainment at all with the endlessly tedious ugly ptb tripe in SL. Hope to see tomorrow's game....expect more misery ?...I hope not.

TESTICULI AD  BREXITAM.

10 minutes ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

I'd attempt to argue with you, but you just thought Rovers could have been a top 2 team in your next post so there's not much point.

I described a Rovers with a completely different spine. Not today’s side.

If Parcel can gouge somebody’s eyes with his forearm then that’s an impressive party trick, fair play 😂😂😂

Enjoy your season. It could be a long one! 

Anyway, great night’s entertainment. Brilliant value for money. To be fair the organisers did a great job of making it all feel like a proper “event”. More of this please!

1 hour ago, tiffers said:

Although it's harsh. I can see why they've gone red. Knee with direct contact to the head with intention.

Disagree with the commentators on that. 

Pulled to the ground by his face ....then Parcell attempts to leverage him on his back using his hands on his face 

Not sure what Sau could or should have done differently ...he didn't play act or make a fuss about his face being grabbed...he was trying to get up and play the ball 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dkw said:

Not knee someone in the head maybe?

Someone grabs you by the face and attempts to turn you on your back by the face 

You are holding the ball so can't use your hands 

What should he have done to get on his front to play the ball? ( and also stop being eye gouged?)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Hull performance 3/10, KR 6/10 take Lewis out 5/10, pretty dour game.

It was dour Harry and littered with unforced errors. KR did enough and won the game against a Hull side that looked like an undisciplined rabble. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Padge said:

Irrelevant, the ref gave what he saw at the time, the rest will be reviewed and decision made.

Personally I saw a face massage and not a gouge, my opinion counts for nowt to the disciplinary though.

Due process will be followed.

Both players were t!t$

The referee did not give what he saw. From his position, he would not have seen Sau’s action.

I agree with with you @Bedfordshire Bronco, when a player is suitably called held, finding himself in a compromising position and then has his head attacked with a grapple, it is my opinion he should have a right to defend himself by thrashing out of such a compromising position. How was he to know Purcell was not going to take even further illegal action around his head and face.

That decision simply goes against any normal human instinct.

• Like 2

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

11 hours ago, Sports Prophet said:

The referee did not give what he saw. From his position, he would not have seen Sau’s action.

I agree with with you @Bedfordshire Bronco, when a player is suitably called held, finding himself in a compromising position and then has his head attacked with a grapple, it is my opinion he should have a right to defend himself by thrashing out of such a compromising position. How was he to know Purcell was not going to take even further illegal action around his head and face.

That decision simply goes against any normal human instinct.

I can't say for certain Parcell gouges him. However, his hands are near his face.

Sao does knee his head twice.

If its me and I'm being gouged in that situation.. I'm kneeing the culprit or I'm punching his ###### head in.

Edited by jacksy
  • Haha 1

Rugby Union the only game in the world were the spectators handle the ball more than the players.

cant see either of these teams getting near the  GF - fc like a bunch of thugs- kr really missing SKD  and Coote - hiku and gildart not in the class of the latter

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile