Thur 22nd Feb: SL: Hull KR v Leeds Rhinos KO 8pm (Sky)

Who will win?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Hull KR
    • Leeds Rhinos

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 22/02/24 at 20:30

48 minutes ago, WN83 said:

Surprised Hiku had the energy to make that run. He’s looked goosed throughout most of the match so far. 

I don’t get that assessment. I think Hiku looks really dynamic in his first 15-20 metres when running the ball back, so wasn’t surprised to see him make that try happen. His proactivity in kick returns is one thing I’ve really liked about his game tonight, lots of full backs saunter into contact and he runs straight into it. 

46 minutes ago, MattSantos said:

I want to look at Ryan Halls stats. He's had a game!

What websites show decent game stats?

He got MOTM at the ground - I assume Jez was Sky’s choice?

Hall just ate up metres on the out sets. Let’s be honest it’s why he’s in the team these days, we’ve better wingers when we’re attacking but what price do you put on the yardage he gets you? Just a machine that bloke 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

Thats down to our poor discipline

That was the difference between the two teams for me.  Rervers' discipline is winning them games at the moment. While everybody else is getting players marched for high tackles they've barely even given a penalty away, never mind have anybody carded. 

Somebody got the memo.

• Like 6

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

41 minutes ago, Worzel said:

I don’t get that assessment. I think Hiku looks really dynamic in his first 15-20 metres when running the ball back, so wasn’t surprised to see him make that try happen. His proactivity in kick returns is one thing I’ve really liked about his game tonight, lots of full backs saunter into contact and he runs straight into it. 

He still looks a threat when he gets the ball, no doubt about that but he looked like he was blowing hard from early on in the game and doesn’t look to have the energy to sweep from side to side in attack, so at times when HKR were attacking the Leeds line and they’d shift the ball, he’d be resting on the opposite side of the field. It was a world away from what you see the likes of Welsby and Field doing. It’s early days for him at fullback and he’ll possibly find his legs as he gets the minutes in the position but he’ll need to based on that tonight. 

35 minutes ago, Worzel said:

Nah we’re all VIP here now, look, they even put the chips in a little basket and everything…

IMG_1316.jpeg

And that authentic Spanish lager brewed in Tadcaster ........ lovely.

• Haha 6

17 minutes ago, longboard said:

And that authentic Spanish lager brewed in Tadcaster ........ lovely.

True that. But it’s still better than the Carling bottles they sell in the outside bars. This lounge is only a £50 add-on to the season ticket, great value to be fair. 

• Like 4

Brill night just back at my hotel scrappy game however congrats to Rovers for the win.

Had a good chat with Mitchel Pearce in reception when i left he is staying on in France for a few more weeks came over to Hull to see his old teammate play Mayee.

Video up on my you tube channel tomorrow.

Off to Broncos v Dragons in the morning 

Paul

Edited by ATLANTISMAN
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Worzel said:

True that. But it’s still better than the Carling bottles they sell in the outside bars. This lounge is only a £50 add-on to the season ticket, great value to be fair. 

Any proper ales on sale there?

6 minutes ago, longboard said:

Any proper ales on sale there?

Yes quite a few. Guinness, Doom, various craft IPA thingies. Plus Craven Streat has loads of drinks options 

1 minute ago, Worzel said:

Yes quite a few. Guinness, Doom, various craft IPA thingies. Plus Craven Streat has loads of drinks options 

He said proper beer, not Guinness and Doom and Gloom Bar 🙂 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

14 minutes ago, Padge said:

He said proper beer, not Guinness and Doom and Gloom Bar 🙂 

Mate I’m not a waiter. I doubt there’s many grounds with a wider range of drinks than Craven Park. That’s the core point. But no, I’m not carrying a menu on me right now 🤣🤣🤣

I largely agree with Smith's frustrations re the Lisone sin-binning. In my view it was a try-saver that ended up somewhat high. It was a penalty, but was not dangerous or reckless high contact.

Rohan Smith likens Super League to football after controversial sin-bin during Leeds Rhinos defeat (loverugbyleague.com)

Another win off the back of a great defensive display and there is still plenty of improvement in attack, get that right and along with the defence we will take some beating. Whitbread is proving to be a good signing though we are missing Abdull IMO, not just for his goal kicking but he was the one who led the team around the field and I still think Evalds should be the full back with his pace from deep.

Under the new guidelines the Donaldson high tackle should have been a red. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, corvusxiii said:

If I say so myself I'm as miserable as the next RL supporter but these ptb's are a breath of fresh air. So much better as a spectacle.

They are now well ahead of the NRL in this area having been far behind for numerous years. One of the NRL's serial offenders is James Tedesco who from looking at his efforts in his preseason game, is out to match his 2022 season record of failing to touch the ball with his foot in every ptb attempt.

2 hours ago, StandOffHalf said:

I largely agree with Smith's frustrations re the Lisone sin-binning. In my view it was a try-saver that ended up somewhat high. It was a penalty, but was not dangerous or reckless high contact.

Rohan Smith likens Super League to football after controversial sin-bin during Leeds Rhinos defeat (loverugbyleague.com)

I think you are correct, he's trying to stop a try by tackling man and ball and strayed a bit high, it's not intentional. However, getting hit in the head has the same effects whether you are trying to score a try or just carting it up in midfield. I'm sure than can be used at mitigation. Besides, even if you think that one was harsh, Donaldson probably should have seen red, so the two offset each other a bit.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, MZH said:

I think you are correct, he's trying to stop a try by tackling man and ball and strayed a bit high, it's not intentional. However, getting hit in the head has the same effects whether you are trying to score a try or just carting it up in midfield. I'm sure than can be used at mitigation. Besides, even if you think that one was harsh, Donaldson probably should have seen red, so the two offset each other a bit.

Penalty here; red for Donaldson. That's how I saw them both watching live.

1 hour ago, StandOffHalf said:

Penalty here; red for Donaldson. That's how I saw them both watching live.

Yes that’s what I thought. 2nd one wasn’t a sin bin, first was a red. 

• Like 1

Its not been the start Smith would want.

Leeds have played 2 sides who are probably going to finish somewhere between 5th and 11th respectively and Leeds still not looking convincing either in victory or defeat. 

Miller not being able to play was a big blow last night I thought he was a lively positive in the Salford game. Likewise losing Lisone for 10 won't help given he is probably our most in form middle at the moment.

This isn't a blistering start by any means. And our next 3 fixtures, Catalans at home, Leigh away and Saints at home don't seem to be much easier...

5 hours ago, StandOffHalf said:

The only similarity with football I see is an under performing manager trying to blame the officials for their own team deficiencies. Smith should focus on trying to improve his team or Leeds are set for another season of mediocrity under him. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, StandOffHalf said:

I disagree, I thought it was a bad tackle, "try-saver" shouldn't be mentioned. In fact, you can argue a try saving foul tackle should be a penalty try. 

But it is interesting that Smith was philosophical last week, yet critical this week. The difference appears to be that his team won last week and lost this.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, OriginalMrC said:

The only similarity with football I see is an under performing manager trying to blame the officials for their own team deficiencies.

It was like football in the same way that people who don't know what they're talking about say T20 cricket is like baseball.

And, unlike football, I thought the referee did another excellent job of explaining his decisions, and the reasoning behind it, to the players involved - even on occasions when I didn't think it was right.

• Like 3

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)