Sat 24th Feb: WCC: Wigan Warriors v Penrith Panthers KO 8pm (Sky/BBC/SuperLeague+)

Who will win?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wigan Warriors by 13 points or more
    • Wigan Warriors by 7 to 12 points
    • Wigan Warriors by 1 to 6 points
    • Penrith Panthers by 1 to 6 points
    • Penrith Panthers by 7 to 12 points
    • Penrith Panthers by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 24/02/24 at 20:30

Just now, StandOffHalf said:

I wouldn't blame them. They have every right to feel wronged.

Well, we all know how much they dislike having neutral referees, which according to some posters on here who live down under, is only a thing that British people care about.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Gates1 said:

I don't think so, the 2nd try was a clear forward pass, 3rd try was short and a double movement. 

A ref not understanding the rules he is officiating to (with the ball steal) is pretty unforgivable incompetence tbh.

His...or the haters on here?

7 minutes ago, JohnM said:

No. You are wrong. Just wrong. 

It was reffed under international rules, which Moore forget in the heat of the moment. The other two dropped off and the ball was ripped.

It was a massive wrong call.

5 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Thought this game would have been to violent for you, with your recent comments.

I’m the one who’ll be watching rugby league next year. You’ve pledged not to.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Great effort from Wigan. Plenty of guts, but do feel Penrith can feel a bit hard done by - and not just on the obvious calls that went against them, but, as has been said, with all that possession and all that field position they had the chances to win it

Edited by EastLondonMike
  • Like 2

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

Well done Wigan, first game I've watched this year so far that I've genuinely enjoyed start to finish. Did Wigan get the rub of the green? Sure, but doesn't bother me one bit as the ledger is still massively stacked in the Aussies favour on that and I'm more than happy letting them moan about decisions for a change.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

Im not questioning his integrity at all. They were just poor calls IMO

This.

• Like 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Just now, EastLondonMike said:

Great effort from Wigan. Plenty of guts, but do feel Penrith can feel a bit hard done by - and not just on the obvious calls that went against them, but, as has been said, with all that possession and all that field position and they couldn’t get ever the line enough.

It's not hard done by if they didn't create anything with all that possession and position, it's poor rugby really 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Six again, refs call, both total rubbish that should be taken out of the game. 

Ref has made some poor calls in that game, which Wigan took advantage of, that and a few other things, to win the game.

But it was an entertaining game, the last play bringing back memories of those leads lost by British sides to Australian sides over the years. 

Lets see 24k crowds for Rugby League at the DW more often!

1 minute ago, StandOffHalf said:

I wouldn't blame them. They have every right to feel wronged.

Look, I think that there were some hard decisions which went against Penrith consistently tonight: the Wardle try, the last minute try, the forward pass try, the ball steal, a couple of ‘knock ons’ at the ptb etc. But that’s why home advantage matters: crowds don’t shout for their own team’s forward passes.

If Penrith are honest though, they’ll need to look to themselves. They dominated territory, and looked stronger throughout, but they couldn’t do anything with it. Butchered two certain tries with an easy drop and then trying to outrun Field instead of passing to support. And the kicking game to get repeat sets was non-existent. 

They could and should have won even with the unfavourable decisions. The fact they didn’t is on them, really  

• Like 6