Which game are you watching tonight?

25 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Starting with Wigan v Huddersfield, to check on the hosts' WCC hangovers and also if Connor looks fired up (in the right way) and involved.

20-odd minutes in, and still waiting for Connor (and most of his teammates) to get any meaningful possession. There are some talented and experience players being starved of ball.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

LIVE SCORE UPDATE FROM THE OTHER GAMES YOU BEAUTIFUL THING OF BEAUTY

• Haha 3

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

12 hours ago, Coggo said:

Choice of three games tonight on Sky Sports: Saints v Leigh, Wire v Cas, and Wigan v Huddersfield.

As a neutral, which game are you watching? I can't decide! 

Watched the Wire game....was planning on watching Saints after tonight and then Wigan in morning 

The ****s at SKY gave the Saints and Wigan scores on screen and verbally towards the end of the Wire game with no warning 

Hence I won't be watching either of the other two other games and have deleted them 

It is UNBELIEVABLY moronic they are doing this 

Watched the Wire v Cas game live then went to a 9am gym class with the wife then back home to watch the Saints game followed by the Wigan game.  If you fast forward every stoppage you can watch every ‘recorded’ game in an hour.

A very enjoyable Saturday morning.  Roll on Sunday morning!

Guessed right in watching the Saints v Leigh game live, made even more enjoyable by the Wire v Cas score updates.  Then up till late sitting through W v C recording.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

• 1 month later...

So, what's the viewing choice tonight.

I like watching a game unfold over 80 minutes and don't enjoy jumping between channels so I will pick one and stick.

I am thinking Leeds Giants will be the best game of the 3.

• Like 3

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

5 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

I like watching a game unfold over 80 minutes and don't enjoy jumping between channels so I will pick one and stick.

That’s the one I’ll be watching 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

It should be the best contest, on season-to-date form.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

16 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

It should be the best contest, on season-to-date form.

It will probably be the only contest.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

The scheduling is something that needs to be sorted out for next year as always having two or three games starting at the same time defeats the purpose of having every game being broadcast live, but suppose clubs have their preferred times for home games and don’t want to give them up.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Liverpool Rover said:

The scheduling is something that needs to be sorted out for next year as always having two or three games starting at the same time defeats the purpose of having every game being broadcast live, but suppose clubs have their preferred times for home games and don’t want to give them up.

I agree schedule changing would be best 

If not possible they should stop giving out spoilers 

If they didn't I would now be watching the Wigan game after watching the Leeds one (and probably would have watched the Saints game in the morning with my breakfast) ..but I am not as I was force fed the result 

Flicked between all three and timed the Leeds-Huddersfield game just in time for the comeback.

Surely having 300k people watching three games is no worse than 300k people watching one game? There’s no finer sight than going on the Sky EPG and seeing Super League dominating the schedules in a manner that even football can rarely manage.

Love having the chance to flick between different games as they’re ongoing. Also having 6 different kick off slots over a weekend would be a nightmare for match-going fans and fixture schedulers alike.

20 hours ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Flicked between all three and timed the Leeds-Huddersfield game just in time for the comeback.

Surely having 300k people watching three games is no worse than 300k people watching one game? There’s no finer sight than going on the Sky EPG and seeing Super League dominating the schedules in a manner that even football can rarely manage.

Love having the chance to flick between different games as they’re ongoing. Also having 6 different kick off slots over a weekend would be a nightmare for match-going fans and fixture schedulers alike.

2 matches in a difficult timeslot like Friday night maybe, but all bar 1 match this round for example was up against a direct competitor. 

22 hours ago, Liverpool Rover said:

The clubs may come to that conclusion on their own, especially if they can stream the day's other games in a licensed clubhouse. There's income to be tapped.

It may also mean that I starve to death in my flat, unable to go out and buy food because there's a game on..

• Like 1

Ralph Waldo Emerson

On 19/04/2024 at 23:01, Leyther_Matt said:

I like flicking between matches, as I've said before, it pretty much guarantees that on a Friday I'll watch Super League and stick with it for the full 2hrs. Had it been the Saints v Hull game only I'd have given up after a short while. 

That said, I think I am coming round to wanting every game in its own slot. One of the benefits at the moment should be filling the schedule and it's still a case of blink and you'll miss it. 

Maybe two games on a Friday at 8pm and then all others in unique slots.