Fev not paying staff

10 minutes ago, Derwent said:

It's not still that Feisal fella is it ? The Probiz geezer ?

We need a clear picture from the club as to how we really stand. If we still have land then there could be a sterp forward there in income. If we can't pay outstanding debts in full then arrangements could be made to pay by instalments. The postion of the club is not clear in terms of assets, income, creditors and debtors. A clear picture would give us what actions to take to rectify the position. 

16 minutes ago, Derwent said:

It's not still that Feisal fella is it ? The Probiz geezer ?

No.  Though he has a large holding.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

1 hour ago, sentoffagain2 said:

Start of 2021 we had a debt of 770k.then 2022 debt increased to 1.3 million.and last years accounts not in yet but i would think the debt would be 1.7 to 1.8 million.The gamble for SL which i was not against has probably cost the club a million pound over the last two years.However the club has a decent credit rating of very low risk.Get the players paid.

It's not so much about assets and liabilities as about ability to meet current obligations.

The last accounts show Fev's assets exceed their liabilities, though things may have deteriorated in the last 15 months.  We don't know.

19 minutes ago, jamescolin said:

We need a clear picture from the club as to how we really stand. If we still have land then there could be a sterp forward there in income. If we can't pay outstanding debts in full then arrangements could be made to pay by instalments. The postion of the club is not clear in terms of assets, income, creditors and debtors. A clear picture would give us what actions to take to rectify the position. 

I believe it’s all secured against some land

38 minutes ago, sweaty craiq said:

I believe it’s all secured against some land

The bulk maybe, but the day-to-day debts won't be so secured.

The club has had 4 CCJs in the last 4 months according to Experian, latest one was on 18th March this year for £8,128.

The 4 CCJs only add up to £24,571 altogether which suggests something is amiss. Their credit score has gone from 66/100 in July 2023 to just 2/100 now with a suggested credit limit of £0.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

10 minutes ago, wakeyranger said:

No it's not, but it does feel like John Davidson is milking what is essentially one story (Fev defaulted on payments to players and agents with a serious allegation on pension payments thrown in, based on one player quote) for as many articles as he can. I don't particularly have a problem with that though.

But the silence from the RFL is deafening. 

2 minutes ago, phiggins said:

No it's not, but it does feel like John Davidson is milking what is essentially one story (Fev defaulted on payments to players and agents with a serious allegation on pension payments thrown in, based on one player quote) for as many articles as he can. I don't particularly have a problem with that though.

Rather like the Toronto players, I don’t have a problem with journalists using their platform to keep the non payment issue to the fore. But there should be some official response by now.

• Like 2

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

7 minutes ago, phiggins said:

it does feel like John Davidson is milking what is essentially one story 

I'm awaiting the Mark Campbell ate my hamster finale. 🙄

• Haha 4

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

1 minute ago, Wollo Wollo Wayoo said:

I'm awaiting the Mark Campbell ate my hamster finale. 🙄

The only way the story will go away is for some sort of consequence to be known. Though if the RFL's punishment is to make Campbell eat a hamster, I wouldn't necessarily be against it, could lead the MRP into an interesting direction.

19 minutes ago, phiggins said:

The RFL literally issued a statement in response to the allegations:

The RFL said in a statement to i: “The RFL has attempted to engage constructively with Mr Dussault since he first contacted us in June 2023. We initially advised him of the operational rules and to seek resolution with the club. Several months later, he contacted us again, about matters relating to a separate matter for players he represented and we directed him to the RLPA.

“When the matters remained unresolved, we again outlined the options open to him under our operational rules. These options included issuing private proceedings, or a claim under our operational rules – to our knowledge, he has done neither. Our last correspondence was with the club, who explained that they were proposing a plan and would deal with him directly.

“The ball is therefore in his court. As policy, we do not comment on matters of financial detail – but we trust Mr Dussault will confirm this correct version of events.”

The best bit about the article for me was that it came under the i's rugby union section 🙂

3 minutes ago, DoubleD said:

The RFL said in a statement to i: “The RFL has attempted to engage constructively with Mr Dussault since he first contacted us in June 2023. We initially advised him of the operational rules and to seek resolution with the club. Several months later, he contacted us again, about matters relating to a separate matter for players he represented and we directed him to the RLPA.

“When the matters remained unresolved, we again outlined the options open to him under our operational rules. These options included issuing private proceedings, or a claim under our operational rules – to our knowledge, he has done neither. Our last correspondence was with the club, who explained that they were proposing a plan and would deal with him directly.

“The ball is therefore in his court. As policy, we do not comment on matters of financial detail – but we trust Mr Dussault will confirm this correct version of events.”

The best bit about the article for me was that it came under the i's rugby union section 🙂

My bad, don't know how I missed that section of the article. Though, I would still expect something from the RFL on whole episode. There are a number of confirmed cases of missed payments, would've though that would trigger some sort of response or punishment.

These rugby union clubs not paying their bills. Terrible sport!

14 hours ago, jamescolin said:

Sound very much like sorting out the cash flow. 

Raising more cash or spending less?

47 minutes ago, Griff said:

Raising more cash or spending less?

2017/18 season we made a profit of 83k so the club can keep its head above water now that the dream of SL has gone for good.However the RFL don't help when after we play FAX at home we have 4 successive away fixtures .Players who have a valid claim must be paid but i won't lose any sleep over owing agents money.

9 minutes ago, sentoffagain2 said:

2017/18 season we made a profit of 83k so the club can keep its head above water now that the dream of SL has gone for good.However the RFL don't help when after we play FAX at home we have 4 successive away fixtures .Players who have a valid claim must be paid but i won't lose any sleep over owing agents money.

The consequences of Featherstone Rovers are in breach of contract with anyone, agent, player, supplier, are too unpleasant to contemplate. Just ask Bradford. I expect the Directors of Featherstone are working very very hard to find a solution that does not result in multiple company and personal  bankruptcies

Edited by JohnM

1 hour ago, DoubleD said:

Does anyone else read "operational rules" and interpret that as "nothing to do with us - move along now"?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

39 minutes ago, sentoffagain2 said:

Its a business with, I assume, an experienced accountant. Cashflow problems don't come out of the blue and the fixtures were known about for a long time. Cashflow projections for the year, and even longer would have been prepared. Whoever is managing the business would have known about these issues well in advance. 

• Like 1

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

1 hour ago, Blind side johnny said:

Does anyone else read "operational rules" and interpret that as "nothing to do with us - move along now"?

The operational rules are what everyone signs up to and people would be up in arms if the RFL didn't follow the operational rules. If the operational rules are not followed and something ends up in court the fact the rules were ignored could be used against one side or the other.

• Like 1

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

On 20/03/2024 at 12:40, jamescolin said:

The land is mortgaged - the club took 2 remortgages out on it last year according to Companies House. One with Yorkshire Choice Homes and another with a person called Christopher Brereton.

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally