Richie Myler confirmed as new Hull FC Director of Rugby...

https://www.hullfc.com/blog/2024/04/15/richie-myler-appointed-director-of-rugby/

Really, really unsure about this one but things can't get any worse at Hull FC...can they?

• Like 2
                                                                     Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

This is utterly bizarre to me. It only makes any sense if the rumours about the potential investor are also true. It may prove to be a master stroke and a brilliant appointment, but there's no hard evidence to back that up, so it's basically a bit of a hail Mary from Pearson. If I was a Hull FC fan I would have zero confidence in what's happening at the club at the moment.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, DoubleD said:

He'd be better lacing his boots, as he's a better option than any of Hull's current batch of halves/full backs (Trueman excluded)

He might be if he hadn't got injured in one of his few appearances for York - He was already out for at least most of the season before York announced his retirement today in advance of the Hull FC statement.

1 minute ago, Chrispmartha said:

Quite a lot of important stuff (especially recruitment), which I'm sure is why some coaches don’t like them!

what happened to the days when a coach wanted a player? eg- Doug Laughton wants a player goes to the board and tells them he wants to sign them - then the board trusts him and signs that player

• Like 1

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

13 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

what happened to the days when a coach wanted a player? eg- Doug Laughton wants a player goes to the board and tells them he wants to sign them - then the board trusts him and signs that player

That's just daft! 😀

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

2 minutes ago, tim2 said:

That's just daft! 😀

too many cooks in the background with their fingers in the broth in the modern game for mine - more background staff than the cast of zulu- waste of money 

20 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

Was that when he was at Widnes?   I guess that policy had nothing to do with making Widnes the club it is today. 

2 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

https://www.hullfc.com/blog/2024/04/15/richie-myler-appointed-director-of-rugby/

Really, really unsure about this one but things can't get any worse at Hull FC...can they?

Nepotism.  Do they really need the investment from Thirkhill or did Richie get this gig on his own merit 

Soon we will be dancing the fandango
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

41 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

Quite a lot of important stuff 

thats the usual reply from some mates i know with jobs that I cant work out what they actually do - like the "machine that goes ping"

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, fieldofclothofgold said:

Nepotism.  Do they really need the investment from Thirkhill or did Richie get this gig on his own merit 

The Hull/Leeds alliance resurrected?

We had Kath and Gary Hetherington at their respective clubs at the same time, and now we have Ritchie Myler for those who don't know his partner Stephanie Thirkhill is the daughter of Leeds Rhinos owner Andrew Thirkhill.

• Sad 1

too many of these made up jobs that have no benefit to the club or the team - all u need is - the coach - the assistant coach - the bloke with the magic sponge and the bucket - the bloke with the magic sponge and the buckets MRS  to wash the kits and do the HT refreshments 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

too many of these made up jobs that have no benefit to the club or the team - all u need is - the coach - the assistant coach - the bloke with the magic sponge and the bucket - the bloke with the magic sponge and the buckets MRS  to wash the kits and do the HT refreshments 

Coach driver

3 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Coach driver

nah - thats contracted out to wallace arnold these days - u get who u get for that gig